2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Like Mustafi was suppose to be?

The back 3 has to go anyway IMO.

:laugh: no, Mustafi's never been a top notch CB and I laughed at Arsenal for spending that much on him when it happened.

With Tuchel on board, a back three behind Xhaka-Seri and a Sanchez, Lacazette, Ozil trident, would be the way to go if they had the CBs for it. But they don't have the CBs for it, they don't have the coach for it, and they don't have someone like Seri or Dahoud to make the midfield click with Xhaka.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
:laugh: no, Mustafi's never been a top notch CB and I laughed at Arsenal for spending that much on him when it happened.

With Tuchel on board, a back three behind Xhaka-Seri and a Sanchez, Lacazette, Ozil trident, would be the way to go if they had the CBs for it. But they don't have the CBs for it, they don't have the coach for it, and they don't have someone like Seri or Dahoud to make the midfield click with Xhaka.

Ignored in all this chaos is Wenger doesn't rate Mustafi and wanted to get rid of him. He's staying because Jonny Evans rejected the Arsenal move.

So basically Wenger got desperate last year and bought a player he didn't rate. That's Arsenal for you.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1. United
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
If Lovren can find his 2015 form him and Matip could form a very formidable duo. If he doesnt we are one Matip injury away from a cluster**** back there.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Barkley turned down Chelsea. Good move for both, Barkley would've received minimal minutes, and he would've stole whatever minutes were there for Musonda.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I think his point is that they're not top 4 with him so they may as well cash in and try to rebuild.

Cash isn't a problem as we've seen today with the Lemar and Draxler efforts; selling Ox to you guys is a nice bonus as well.

My point is, unless a replacement was found there's no need to sell, because despite opinions on here... we still have to be competitive and try to get into the top 4.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Vlasic to Everton is official, 9-10m to Hajduk and he will remain there (the first reports stated Everton would keep him at Hajduk on loan)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool decided Kent should be loaned to Freiburg.

With Keita at Leipzig, Brooks at Wolfsburg, Pulisic at Dortmund, Wood at Hamburg, and Kent at Freiburg...lots of interest in this league for me this season.

Just demolishing our depth though. Any injury crisis this year and we're ****ed.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
If you're levy/poch, do you sign Barkley now, and hope he's 80-90% the player for the season,for him to rab with your doctor's? Or wait

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's not good enough to sign for Tottenham. Or Chelsea or any club he's been linked with.

Should be a starter for a team like Bournemouth. Not even slightly joking.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool decided Kent should be loaned to Freiburg.

With Keita at Leipzig, Brooks at Wolfsburg, Pulisic at Dortmund, and Kent at Freiburg...lots of interest in this league for me this season.

Just demolishing our depth though. Any injury crisis this year and we're ****ed.

Hopefully they put in a January out clause like they did with Origi.

On that note I think I am going to pick up a German team this year.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I know I said I'd still be optimistic if Liverpool didn't bring in a CB given their attack, but that does not excuse going all in on one CB for the entire summer, not getting him, and still not addressing the team's biggest need.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Ignored in all this chaos is Wenger doesn't rate Mustafi and wanted to get rid of him. He's staying because Jonny Evans rejected the Arsenal move.

So basically Wenger got desperate last year and bought a player he didn't rate. That's Arsenal for you.

What? He likes him enough to keep him... if it was that bad why wouldn't he take any deal from Inter and why would Gabriel be sold?

Also I'm not sure I believe Evans turning down Arsenal either. My guess is they couldn't agree on a fee.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
What? He likes him enough to keep him... if it was that bad why wouldn't he take any deal from Inter and why would Gabriel be sold?

Also I'm not sure I believe Evans turning down Arsenal either. My guess is they couldn't agree on a fee.

Because then there would be no replacement if Mustafi left.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
He's not good enough to sign for Tottenham. Or Chelsea or any club he's been linked with.

Should be a starter for a team like Bournemouth. Not even slightly joking.

Neither is Danny Drinkwater. Neither is Fabian Delph. But I know you know what those players have in common.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Looks like Denswil to Brighton won't happen. Thank god.

Why would Engels sign with Olympiakos?

They need defenders. Isn't that why you guys didn't qualify for Europe? How's Horvath playing? Doesn't look like he's being given much of a chance by the horrible defending in front of him.

Engels wanted to go. He's won everything in Belgium and we already rejected bids for him last summer. Olympiakos is a bigger club than Brugge. And they just sold their most promising defender to Leverkusen so they have an open spot for Engels. And they have a very attractive CL draw of course.

Horvath's been.. okay. He can be a bit nervous at times. And he's really bad with his feet. He needs a lot of work before thinking about a next step. Maybe it's a good thing our defence has sucked so far, he gets a good work out every game :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad