2017 PGA Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
ESPN claims Tiger is not a top 50 black athlete of all time. They released a list, TW wasn't on it. I'd post a link, but I don't want to give them any more page views.

Stephen A. Smith doesn't seem to think TW identifies as black, while Max Kellerman claims golf isn't a sport.

Maybe the worst sports opinion I've ever heard. They were serious though.

:help:

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You okay? There were a few queries into where you had went.

Long story short, had a bad scare at the beginning of July. Got caught up in a multiple vehicle accident on the highway coming home from work and spent the majority of the month in the hospital. Fractured a half dozen ribs, punctured both lungs and ruptured both my spleen and kidney. Suffered a double bout of pneumonia and had fluid leaking into my chest and around my heart which complicated matters. Pulmonologist finally decided they'd seen enough of me on Friday and cleared me to come home.

Still pretty fatigued and sleeping most of the day, haven't had time for tv or internet for the most part the past month so I've missed a lot. You must be a happy boy though with Spieth winning the Open... I couldn't believe it when I saw the text from my buddy. It was the major I thought he'd have most trouble with so he must've played some impressive golf that week. Gotta try and find a recording of the final round and give it a watch if I can sometime.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
And yeah, Tiger being excluded from that list is a sham. Stephen Smith is a world class clown whose opinions are the most idiotic nonsense known to man. Behind the occupant in the White House, of course... ;)

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Long story short, had a bad scare at the beginning of July. Got caught up in a multiple vehicle accident on the highway coming home from work and spent the majority of the month in the hospital. Fractured a half dozen ribs, punctured both lungs and ruptured both my spleen and kidney. Suffered a double bout of pneumonia and had fluid leaking into my chest and around my heart which complicated matters. Pulmonologist finally decided they'd seen enough of me on Friday and cleared me to come home.

Still pretty fatigued and sleeping most of the day, haven't had time for tv or internet for the most part the past month so I've missed a lot. You must be a happy boy though with Spieth winning the Open... I couldn't believe it when I saw the text from my buddy. It was the major I thought he'd have most trouble with so he must've played some impressive golf that week. Gotta try and find a recording of the final round and give it a watch if I can sometime.
Yikes! I'm so sorry you had to go thru that. I'm glad you are on the road to recovery. You were missed around these parts. I honestly just thought you left us for that other place the Loungers frequent now! :laugh:

You absolutely must find a chance to watch my man J.Spieth do what he does best on holes 13-18 from round 4 of The Open. I'm sure hole 13 will drive you crazy because of how long he took, but the way he recovered is stuff legends are made of. :nod:

Just be ready for CBS to continue to rightfully slobber all over my man this weekend! :nod: Of course if he can't win I do hope Rors will get the win.

Jan 3, 2012

Holy **** dude glad you are okay. That sounds brutal.

Maybe your boy Rory will win a PGA for you. He's the favourite.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana

Glad you're alright!

Anything better than last year's tournament would be a win in my book. Last year was unbearable- I saw "Defending Champion: Jimmy Walker" somewhere yesterday, and was immediately pissed off. In my mind, it's hard to beat Whistling Straits in terms of a PGA course, but Quail Hollow is great. Rooting for Rory this time around, but I wouldn't mind seeing Spieth, Rahm, or Brooks winning as well.

Jan 3, 2012
Glad you're alright!

Anything better than last year's tournament would be a win in my book. Last year was unbearable- I saw "Defending Champion: Jimmy Walker" somewhere yesterday, and was immediately pissed off. In my mind, it's hard to beat Whistling Straits in terms of a PGA course, but Quail Hollow is great. Rooting for Rory this time around, but I wouldn't mind seeing Spieth, Rahm, or Brooks winning as well.

or Hideki "Tiger Woods" Matsuyama

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I have to laugh every time I see a post about how the players can wear shorts during practice rounds. It's insane that they can't wear them in the first place.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

That sounds awful. Hope you are okay. I thought about making a joke during the Open that you didn't show up due to the result, but then I thought better of it because something might've actually been wrong. Didn't want to be right, but I guess I was.

The Open was exciting, a big relief moment after Augusta last year. Nothing happened until hole 13 in round 4. Kuchar played typical Kuchar golf the whole round, steady, nothing great, nothing terrible. Spieth was all over the place the first 13 holes, the 13th hole will catch all the attention on the highlight reels because of a now famous bogey he made on that hole and then turned the on switch after that, stomped on Kuchar, -5 from 14-17, and that was that. It was basically a 5 hole tournament, a remarkable hour tells the story of the event. Rory played pretty well, just got off to an atrocious start. Started something like +5 through a few holes. If he had started even par, he would've contended with Jordan. It was kind of like the Masters a few years ago when he started terrible, and then was the best player in the field from that point on.

Here's a video with the main highlights of the 4th round, its a little over an hour. Wouldn't bother with earlier rounds, only notable thing was Grace shooting 62, nothing that eventful happened.

Do you remember our avatar bet we made in March about who'll get to the Grand Slam first between Rory and Jordan? I'm sure you didn't think I might have a chance to win that bet this year. :laugh:

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Probably the least excited I've been for a major in a while. So let's hope the golf is good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Live From is beyond dumb at times. Questing Rahm's ability in a major. He's been a pro for 13 months, wait a few years before saying that. :help:

I like Brandel's analysis, nearly always spot on, the main reason I watch is to hear what he has to say. Not a fan of Duval, too much fence sitting. Doesn't give opinions, tries to play host. Rich and Frank are usually good, but not lately.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If the weather stays away, over par is going to win this tournament. This is a US Open, not a PGA. Looks like the USGA and PGA of America switched tournaments this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The trouble on the greens has been all year. Gonna be 35 putts today, if you count fringes. He's three putted at least 3 times today, might be 4 and I just don't remember.

I can't believe there's people who actually think he can't do anything but pitch and putt. If he could pitch and putt this year, he'd have won at least like 5 or 6 times this year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad