2017 Draft Discussion - Part Deux

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yeah. Me too. But...that Mittelstadt pic! The avatar potential alone!

GM John Chayka on why he traded up to pick Mittelstadt, "His pull-up picture had such a high lawl factor we had to pull the trigger to ensure we added him. We feel that we've addressed an area of weakness on our roster and in our pipeline, now our meme and avatar game will be significantly improved."

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
gm john chayka on why he traded up to pick mittelstadt, "his pull-up picture had such a high lawl factor we had to pull the trigger to ensure we added him. We feel that we've addressed an area of weakness on our roster and in our pipeline, now our meme and avatar game will be significantly improved."

e-x-a-c-t-l-y

rt

May 13, 2004
but are you willing to trade Chychrun for him. That's the only scenario I can think of where he ends up in AZ

Haha. U wot m8? What the hell does Chychrun, Vietnam, or a root beer float have to do with this?

The 7th+pick(s) after the 7th would be the trade up to 4th or 5th for him. Not an NHL defenseman.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Haha. U wot m8? What the hell does Chychrun, Vietnam, or a root beer float have to do with this?

The 7th+pick(s) after the 7th would be the trade up to 4th or 5th for him. Not an NHL defenseman.
I can only see the Stars trading the #3 for Chychrun, not trading down, not for Vietnam, and not for a rootbeer float (which does seem pretty good right now)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Well, I think that's a little goofy. :) I also don't think Vilardi is going 3rd. I think it's going to be Heiskanen.

Tears will be coming from The Avs podcasters if that's the case. They love Heiskanen.

rt

May 13, 2004
Tears will be coming from The Avs podcasters if that's the case. They love Heiskanen.

Then they'll be the perfect team to contact about moving down to 7th. Missed their 1st preference on D, so offer them a crack at their 2nd favorite and an extra pick. They get Makar/Liljegren and a little bonus, while we get Vilardi. Vancouver seems set on either Pettersson or Glass anyway. Those are the only two they're flying out to VanCity next week, as far as I know.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Well, I think that's a little goofy. :) I also don't think Vilardi is going 3rd. I think it's going to be Heiskanen.
It's called leapfrogging to get your man. Now since I don't follow prospects as well as others, I was just thinking that Chychrun is better than any D-man in this draft including Heiskanen and Dallas would jump at the chance. And I believe that the Avs will trade Duchene for 'D' and are targeting Vilardi.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Then they'll be the perfect team to contact about moving down to 7th. Missed their 1st preference on D, so offer them a crack at their 2nd favorite and an extra pick. They get Makar/Liljegren and a little bonus, while we get Vilardi. Vancouver seems set on either Pettersson or Glass anyway. Those are the only two they're flying out to VanCity next week, as far as I know.

I'm with you; however, it appears the apple of our eye is Makar.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I listened to that podcast you recommended. It was definitely interesting. Any other rumblings besides that about Makar and Arizona?

Jersey likes Heiskenan. Some fear he goes at 1. Dallas has Middelstadt as top forward after Patrick and Hischier.

Actually they do draft episodes every week. Very enjoyable.

rt

May 13, 2004
Jersey likes Heiskenan. Some fear he goes at 1. Dallas has Middelstadt as top forward after Patrick and Hischier.

Actually they do draft episodes every week. Very enjoyable.

This Jersey and Dallas intel comes from this same show? How can these guys have inside info from Colorado, New Jersey, Detroit, Dallas and Arizona? Is Bob McKenzie the producer?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This Jersey and Dallas intel comes from this same show? How can these guys have inside info from Colorado, New Jersey, Detroit, Dallas and Arizona? Is Bob McKenzie the producer?

They are being fed from a source within the AVS. Teams talk. Who teams like isn't as much a secret as you would think.

For example. They said last week that the Avs are "meh" on Cody Glass.

rt

May 13, 2004
They are being fed from a source within the AVS. Teams talk. Who teams like isn't as much a secret as you would think.

For example. They said last week that the Avs are "meh" on Cody Glass.

Meanwhile the Nucks are flying Glass and Pettersson out to VanCity for the full court press.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Is it so hard to believe? 29 teams knew who the Coyotes were drafting three months before the draft with Maloney.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm happy Chychrun is getting love now. He was my top choice last year and to have gotten at 16 still amazes me. I'd have still drafted him top 5.

This year I think Vilardi is my top choice if we have the option. What are the chances he falls to 7?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad