2017-2018 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Apparently Shipachiov was sent down in Russia as well and did not report either . LOL
Actually from what I can tell, he was sent down because SKA had a bunch of their depth guys up with the big team (most of their Olympic players didn't play including the head coach) and Shipachyov was one of the players on a 2-way contract that they could send back the other way.

Basically it was a paper transaction.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Only for Information NBCSN informed, the Season Ticket Test Buying reaching been 1 hour 25k sold tickets.
For all those maybe who didnt wanna here it 20/21 Expansion Draft here we go.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
He literally might be the worst regular defensman in the entire league.

Not sure how anyone around here thought he was ever any good.

At least we can laugh about it now that Vancouver is stuck with him for 3 more years.

Most likely the worst +$4mil earning dman the game has ever seen. The Cats really dodge a bullet right there, I'm still amazed how much value the Calculator was able to reap from the Canucks... only to let Dalé piss it away by trading Smith and March.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RainingRats

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Considering what Francis has and hasn't done, probably a good move. Not one player for player transaction in 4 years...

Also que the Skinner rumors.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Considering what Francis has and hasn't done, probably a good move. Not one player for player transaction in 4 years...

Also que the Skinner rumors.
What was a rebuilding Canes team meant to do though? The only thing I'd hold against him is not solving their goaltending problems.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
What was a rebuilding Canes team meant to do though? The only thing I'd hold against him is not solving their goaltending problems.

I'd say not going out and trading for a player or two to help boost the team up. Seems like they have Panthers-itis.

With that being said, I do not like the fact that the owner wants the GM to report directly to him. It was a problem here, and it will be a problem there.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I mean Cam Ward is almost the franchise now, and won a cup for them, plus he did go get Darling, even though it hasnt worked out that great.

He just has a bunch of playmakers, no goal scorers besides Skinner. The team was also for sale for a while and we all know Karmonos was not liberal on the money. Tough spot.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I mean Cam Ward is almost the franchise now, and won a cup for them, plus he did go get Darling, even though it hasnt worked out that great.

He just has a bunch of playmakers, no goal scorers besides Skinner. The team was also for sale for a while and we all know Karmonos was not liberal on the money. Tough spot.

Hanging on to Ward out of loyalty has been that franchise's downfall. This generation's Ranford.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

That is not an easy thing to do. Some Teams really have that Goaltender problem. I mean look at Phili, Dallas, Canes, Panthers befor Lou, Edmonton, Vancouver. All the Teams had Goalie Issues or make themself Goalie Issues.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Except for the season with the beachball man, Alex Auld, we have always been able to find good goalies.

Beezer, Luongo, Kidd, Vernon, Belfour, Theodore, Vokoun. Even 40 year old Tim Thomas still played great for us.

We have been blessed with tenders as a franchise.

Reactions: PSLguy

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Except for the season with the beachball man, Alex Auld, we have always been able to find good goalies.

Beezer, Luongo, Kidd, Vernon, Belfour, Theodore, Vokoun. Even 40 year old Tim Thomas still played great for us.

97-98 256 GA
98-99 228 GA
00-01 246 GA
01-02 250 7 baddest in the league
02-03 237 5 baddest in the league
03-04 221 7 baddest in the League
05-06 257 14 in the League no Playoffs
06-07 257 8 baddest in teh League
07-08 226 middle in the League
08-09 231 12 baddest in the league
09-10 244 11 baddest in the League
10-11 229 14 best in teh league
11-12 227
13-14 263
14-15 223
15-16 203
16-17 237

Dont know what you count as good or bad Goalies but when you always on the downside of the League im far off talking about good Goalies in League. I would more they it is and was more about Coaching.
But still agood team start with your Goalie and when i look at that List, it could be better.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
More a reflection of the team(s) in front of them, we have never really had that long of a stretch where it was entirely the goaltenders fault.

A better reflection than pure GA would be league wide SV%.

Luongo played lights out for the team for years with no real chance at the playoffs, and that doesnt change his HOF resume at all.

He was always considered one of the leagues best, whilst the team was lottery fodder every season.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Not sure if SV% they more cause they switch around .889 to .920 in the best years. Still has 2.4 up to 3.2 GA the season.

So SV% is also no reflection even if you have 9.15% also Lou had 2.5-3.2 Goals against. So yes GA shows also what the Goalie was able to do and help. I always can say the Player infront of me, has so much to do with what im able to do myself.

Current we have a yound D Player and not the best in the League and Loungo is up to 2.33 GA with .930 SV so good GA brings you also better SV% .

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Not sure if SV% they more cause they switch around .889 to .920 in the best years. Still has 2.4 up to 3.2 GA the season.

So SV% is also no reflection even if you have 9.15% also Lou had 2.5-3.2 Goals against. So yes GA shows also what the Goalie was able to do and help. I always can say the Player infront of me, has so much to do with what im able to do myself.

Current we have a yound D Player and not the best in the League and Loungo is up to 2.33 GA with .930 SV so good GA brings you also better SV% .
None of that is mutaully exclusive, Luongo's 3.00 GAA is one of the reasons he wanted to be dealt, but it was no reflection on his performance.

Luongo has stood on his head for literally 10 years for this franchise, but his numbers here dont tell the story. Its nice to see that the line between winning and losing for this team is no longer Luongo.

Huge difference on a guy that gives up 3 goals a night on 20 shots and a guy giving up 3 a night on 35 plus shots like Luongo regularily provided those teams.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018

and pretty much nothing else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad