2017/2018 Management Discussion | NEW MOD WARNING IN OP AS OF 5/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
i dunno, its all up to the ownership....due to the results of last years drafting...benning aint going nowhere unless he repeats the mistakes he made before that :)...then yes he would be good as gone.

I guess that's why Elliotte Friedman said on 650 today that the Canucks are interested in the GM market, and what is out there. You poor soul...I almost feel sorry for you because the writing couldn't be anymore on the wall right now, but I don't even feel sorry because Benning has ruined my favourite team and made it a laughing stock from where we were before.

And it turns out his biggest "asset" isn't even being taken into consideration anymore. Judd Brackett is the saviour we need.

Reactions: The Drop

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I guess that's why Elliotte Friedman said on 650 today that the Canucks are interested in the GM market, and what is out there. You poor soul...I almost feel sorry for you because the writing couldn't be anymore on the wall right now, but I don't even feel sorry because Benning has ruined m favourite team and made it a laughing stock from where we were before.

I myself won't breathe easy til I witness Benning riding a taxi out of the city or him tied to a rocket and shot towards the sun, either is acceptable.

Reactions: Ronning On Empty

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
I guess that's why Elliotte Friedman said on 650 today that the Canucks are interested in the GM market, and what is out there. You poor soul...I almost feel sorry for you because the writing couldn't be anymore on the wall right now, but I don't even feel sorry because Benning has ruined m favourite team and made it a laughing stock from where we were before.

i really dont care, yes benning did terrible.

i guess its time for judd brackett to be the GM!

not.

who the f*** is out there avaliable? name somebody that isnt trash.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
@PG Canuck I know that it's looking like Benning will be shown the door, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. They've kept him for 4 years. He's not gone yet. And I don't trust Aqua or Linden to do the right thing.

Patience.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

not.

who the **** is out there avaliable? name somebody that isnt trash.

I AGREE THE ONLY PERSON WHO COULD REPLACE BENNING IS JUDGE BRACKET HIS PROTEGE THAT HE HIRED AND ALSO RAISED AS AN ORPHAN GOOD POINT AS USUAL

Reactions: infinitemile

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

not.

who the **** is out there avaliable? name somebody that isnt trash.
Brisebois, raw potato, Brisbois’ nail clippings, boiled potato, Brisebois’ left shoe, mashed potato...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I myself won't breathe easy til I witness Benning riding a taxi out of the city or him tied to a rocket and shot towards the sun, either is acceptable.

I'm feeling a lot better now compared to how I felt starting this season and the little hot streak we started on. Aquilini and Linden haven't been very supportive of Benning ever since...that bodes well. Then Friedman is saying the Canucks are interested in what is out there for GM's. It's really only a matter of time, and Benning is going to have to do something to make Aquilini change his mind at this point IMO.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
@PG Canuck I know that it's looking like Benning will be shown the door, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. They've kept him for 4 years. He's not gone yet. And I don't trust Aqua or Linden to do the right thing.

Patience.

It's obviously no guarantee, but the tone has changed so much between Aquilini/Linden it's encouraging.

Reactions: valkynax

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
It's obviously no guarantee, but the tone has changed so much between Aquilini/Linden it's encouraging.

Part of me thinks that they're trying to play it cool, failing miserably, and telegraphing their intentions as usual, but another part of me also understands that this isn't really a group that appears to ever operate on any sort of actual plan, so...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Like most of us said last year, Benning used his get out of jail card last year after firing WD

Yeah it's how it always goes in the NHL. GM fires the coach as his get out jail card, but if it continues the fingers start to point at the GM. All fingers are on Benning now.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Part of me thinks that they're trying to play it cool, failing miserably, and telegraphing their intentions as usual, but another part of me also understands that this isn't really a group that appears to ever operate on any sort of actual plan, so...

You're right, they don't look like guys with a plan.

Hey speaking of which...

Reactions: Canadian Club

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I'm probably a bit more optimistic than I should be, but it seems like every day or every other day there's a quote from someone indicating things aren't looking good for Benning. Friedman today saying what he said is another good step towards the end goal.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
So you are part of Benning's management group? Everything is starting to add up now...

"literally anyone would be an upgrade..."

lets hire mike milbury then!

like i said, U KNOW NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

your hatred is so blind

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
ignorance is bliss.

thats what i thought.

thats why none of u have zero connections towards aquilini or management.

Lombardi would be OK.

Hell I'm willing to shoot Ralph Kreuger a message and see if he's interested.

It won't be a bad gig to fulfill either. Normally I'd say the expectation/bar's so low it's easy to not disappoint. In this case Benning has broken the bar and tossed it out of the window so...

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
Lombardi would be OK.

Hell I'm willing to shoot Ralph Kreuger a message and see if he's interested.

It won't be a bad gig to fulfill either. Normally I'd say the expectation/bar's so low it's easy to not disappoint. In this case Benning has broken the bar and tossed it out of the window so...

aw man ralph kreuger would be great but right now he is the president of the football club so no that isnt happening.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
"literally anyone would be an upgrade..."

lets hire mike milbury then!

like i said, U KNOW NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

your hatred is so blind

Have you replied to what Friedman said today? That the Canucks have a drafting system that doens't include Benning and his expertise?

Is your love so blind?

Dubas/Fenton/etc would be upgrades.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
Have you replied to what Friedman said today? That the Canucks have a drafting system that doens't include Benning and his expertise?

Is your love so blind?

Dubas/Fenton/etc would be upgrades.

i want ralph kreuger honestly... screw the rest.

give him the gm job and full control .

hell, if i was aquilini i'd demote linden to vice president and give ralph the president + gm position so he can leave his football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad