2017-2018 Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
How was Panarin mistreated exactly? He is on the record of knowing that it is a business and understands. He made a **** ton of money with the Hawks. To go further the Hawks helped him maximize his earnings here playing him with Kane. They also set him up for a huge pay UFA pay day in two years. Once again you are wrong and are lacking logic in your thought process.

The Hawks treat their players as good or better that all other teams.

The Hawks(Stan) treat their "core" players very softly, Stan has no balls. Panarin took a discount to stay in Chicago and he certainly didnt take it to be traded. Either way Stan is an idiot, only an idiot would trade a top ten tallent for Saad, its like trading Tarasenko for Saad, all Hawks fans would be laughing their ass off lol.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I'm pretty sure I remeber not too long ago people *****ing about Stan treating players TOO fairly and not being ruthless enough. Not suprised people are switching sides of the coin when it helps push an agenda :rolleyes:

Lol id love to hear the explanation of how he got treated unfairly? Hell, BOTH years the Hawks did everything in their power to make sure he hit his bonuses even though it hurt the team in the long run. If that's not getting treated fairly I don't know what is. Very good chance he doesn't hit his bonuses if he wasn't stapled to Kane for two years.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Hawks(Stan) treat their "core" players very softly, Stan has no balls. Panarin took a discount to stay in Chicago and he certainly didnt take it to be traded. Either way Stan is an idiot, only an idiot would trade a top ten tallent for Saad, its like trading Tarasenko for Saad, all Hawks fans would be laughing their ass off lol.

Tarasenko is a much more dynamic player than AP and makes 7.0 per year. So your comparison is pretty bad. If you actually look at the numbers Saad is a better 5v5 scorer than AP while playing less time (2 minutes or 3-4 shifts) so this huge scoring drops you are implying is actually not there. Not to mention if it helps fix Toews it is an obvious win and that in not even including the extra control the Hawks over Saad.

To reiterate, the Hawks maximized AP's earning potential in the NHL.

Treating core players softly means little to this discussion because you made the claim that the Hawks treated AP poorly so we have no chance to get Shulanov. The Hawks treat their players better or as good as every organization in hockey. Other than Daley not getting along with Q you never hear anything but positives about how the Hawks treat players. Do you have proof other wise? If so please share.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Tarasenko is a much more dynamic player than AP and makes 7.0 per year. So your comparison is pretty bad. If you actually look at the numbers Saad is a better 5v5 scorer than AP while playing less time (2 minutes or 3-4 shifts) so this huge scoring drops you are implying is actually not there. Not to mention if it helps fix Toews it is an obvious win and that in not even including the extra control the Hawks over Saad.

Treating core players softly means little to this discussion because you made the claim that the Hawks treated AP poorly so we have no chance to get Shulanov. The Hawks treat their players better or as good as every organization in hockey. Other than Daley not getting along with Q you never hear anything but positives about how the Hawks treat players. Do you have proof other wise? If so please share.

Yep. Not only did they put him with Kane, but they put him on the ice in empty net situation in order to help him achieve his bonuses. They willingly gave up a few million in valuable cap space just to do something nice for Panarin.

I have no clue how anyone can claim the organization treated Panarin poorly.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

The proof is right in front of you, when a guy comes from Russia and agrees to play with the Hawks instead of any other team, then he signs for two more years on the cheap and all of the sudden he is traded. Dont give Panarin's success to Kane, he is gonna hit the 70 point mark with any team, Saad was said to be a product of Hossa and Toews when he left as well but when he comes back the same people that said that are saying he was brought back to fix the same teammates he was playing with that made him successful LOL. Do you see what I am getting at here? You are only trying to make yourself feel better with these assumptions, nothing more nothing less. The short memories in here are just hilarious :laugh:

Panarin is an incredible player and if he was playing with any other team he would be playing with their top line anyway, he gets that chance because he is a top player himself. You work hard and you succeed and get the perks that come with it. The Hawks organization did not put Panarin with Kane to prop up Panarin's numbers or as a favor to him, they put him on there because he deserved/earned it and that was the best way to help the TEAM succeed.

The logic in here is incredibly lopsided LOL

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The proof is right in front of you, when a guy comes from Russia and agrees to play with the Hawks instead of any other team, then he signs for two more years on the cheap and all of the sudden he is traded. Dont give Panarin's success to Kane, he is gonna hit the 70 point mark with any team, Saad was said to be a product of Hossa and Toews when he left as well but when he comes back the same people that said that are saying he was brought back to fix the same teammates he was playing with that made him successful LOL. Do you see what I am getting at here? You are only trying to make yourself feel better with these assumptions, nothing more nothing less. The short memories in here are just hilarious :laugh:

Panarin is an incredible player and if he was playing with any other team he would be playing with their top line anyway, he gets that chance because he is a top player himself. You work hard and you succeed and get the perks that come with it. The Hawks organization did not put Panarin with Kane to prop up Panarin's numbers or as a favor to him, they put him on there because he deserved/earned it and that was the best way to help the TEAM succeed.

He won't hit 70 in Tortorella's system, I'm willing to bet on it.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Don't want any part of Doan. Guy is done, would add nothing of need and the way he skates he'd be a Forward Version of Walker. Q would overplay him while he can't do anything wrong.

Good to see those QOs going out in time :laugh:

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
WHY did we not trade TVR to CAR for the 2nd rounder ourselves and have Vegas select Pokka or Kruger in the ED? Still holding out hope Kruger goes to Vegas in a trade but I'm not holding my breath...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
WHY did we not trade TVR to CAR for the 2nd rounder ourselves and have Vegas select Pokka or Kruger in the ED? Still holding out hope Kruger goes to Vegas in a trade but I'm not holding my breath...

my thought exactly, there are reasons which i am sure other posters can say even better.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

They probably have a hand shake deal that will go into effect July 1 ... after Kruger's bonus money is paid.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Just wait. Hawks don't have a 2nd and 4th next Season and Krüger gets paid july 1st. No need to worry if the deal is already done.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I was a little worried about how the Arty trade is going to effect future overseas UFA signings but when you actually think about it for 30 seconds you realize that with bonuses, Panarin made $7 million his first two years here and turned that into an additional $12 million in his next contract. On top of that, the coach and GM are on record saying they were going to do everything they could to make sure he hit those bonuses and made as much money as possible. The Hawks are still able to honestly pitch "Come play in Chicago and maximize your earning potential while playing on a team competing for the Cup every year"

Also, no thanks on Doan. He's the epitome of a bad player being brought in because he's a "big, tough, good ol' Canadian", as well as being a cheap-shot crybaby.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I mentioned it during the expansion draft, I believe. Carolina couldn't protect TVR. They had better D to protect. If we trade TVR to Carolina for that 2nd, Vegas likely picks him up from Carolina for nothing in the expansion draft and Carolina would have given us a 2nd rounder for absolutely nothing.

There was probably a deal in place saying that the Hawks would expose TVR if Vegas agreed to take Kruger in a trade at some point, and Vegas also had a deal in place with Carolina for TVR once they took him. It ends up a win-win-win for all three organizations.

This is all dependent on Kruger getting moved to Vegas on July 1, also, but I'm pretty confident he will be.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Yes, the proof is that the Hawks treated Panarin great and he has nothing to be pissed about treatment wise. He was put in the perfect situation to succeed and weren't you one of the people calling for the Hawks to bench him both season when he was close to achieving the scoring bonuses? I am 90% sure you were. Panarin is a really good player and a dynamic offensive weapon, no one is questioning this, what people are saying is that putting him with Kane allowed him to maximize his potential. We all saw what happened when he played with other line and it was that is scoring dropped dramatically. Tarasenko is a better player than Panarin which explains the 1 million dollar cap difference (along with the fact he signed a long-term deal). Saying he signed on the cheap is incredibly misinformed considering his peers and how he signed a shorter term, and because you know he was an RFA. The Hawks allowed AP to sign a 2-year bridge deal which allows him to maximize his NHL earnings in 2 years. So your claim that the Hawks treated him poorly is just 100% wrong.

When Saad left people did think he was a product of Toews and Hossa, 100%. Saad proved the past 2 years it was not the case as we saw his game grow. So faulty logic when he left does make the logic that he will help fix Toews not faulty logic, that is not how logic works. His 5v5 productions is actually higher than Panarin. He plays a north-south power speed game that the Hawks desperately need. Take a peek at the numbers are you will learn something about the impact of each player. There is 100% a hope here that Saad can jumpstart Toews's game but that has nothing to do with making myself feel better. One with any intelligence would realize that the hope is built into the trade in the sense that it is part of Saad's value.

Panarin played on the top line in Chicago.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yes, the proof is that the Hawks treated Panarin great and he has nothing to be pissed about treatment wise. He was put in the perfect situation to succeed and weren't you one of the people calling for the Hawks to bench him both season when he was close to achieving the scoring bonuses? I am 90% sure you were. Panarin is a really good player and a dynamic offensive weapon, no one is questioning this, what people are saying is that putting him with Kane allowed him to maximize his potential. We all saw what happened when he played with other line and it was that is scoring dropped dramatically. Tarasenko is a better player than Panarin which explains the 1 million dollar cap difference (along with the fact he signed a long-term deal). Saying he signed on the cheap is incredibly misinformed considering his peers and how he signed a shorter term, and because you know he was an RFA. The Hawks allowed AP to sign a 2-year bridge deal which allows him to maximize his NHL earnings in 2 years. So your claim that the Hawks treated him poorly is just 100% wrong.

When Saad left people did think he was a product of Toews and Hossa, 100%. Saad proved the past 2 years it was not the case as we saw his game grow. So faulty logic when he left does make the logic that he will help fix Toews not faulty logic, that is not how logic works. His 5v5 productions is actually higher than Panarin. He plays a north-south power speed game that the Hawks desperately need. Take a peek at the numbers are you will learn something about the impact of each player. There is 100% a hope here that Saad can jumpstart Toews's game but that has nothing to do with making myself feel better. One with any intelligence would realize that the hope is built into the trade in the sense that it is part of Saad's value.

Panarin played on the top line in Chicago.

:laugh: But NOW the Hawks have treated him badly because they traded him.

Unrelated, I hope now people stop using the "he just signed an extension" as a reason to think someone isn't movable. Doesn't matter.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
To be fair, didn't we really only have Bollig of all people to fall back on as an example? :laugh:

I agree with what you're saying though

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Saad-Toews-Panik
Sharp-Anisimov-Kane
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Hartman
Hayden-Kero-Jurco
Ras

Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook
Kempny-Rutta
Campbell

Crow
Forsberg

Good potential with the ability to shuffle a talent onto different lines.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sorry but there shouldn't be rush to put Debrincat in NHL

He needs to develop naturally and throwing him into fire just is too risky

Also don't think Q would go with that 3rd line. Way too young

Infact entire bottom 6 is too young , IMO the Hawks will bring in 1 or two vets ato have around

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Saad-Toews-Panik
Sharp-Anisimov-Kane
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Hartman
Hayden-Kero-Jurco
Ras

Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook
Kempny-Rutta
Campbell

Crow
Forsberg

Good potential with the ability to shuffle a talent onto different lines.

We need to add a 3C so we can shift Schmaltz to Kane's other wing.

Options? Someone with speed would be nice but someone like Thornton could work.

Saad-Toews-Panik
Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane
Hayden-3C-Hartman
Kero-Dauphin-Jurco
Sharp

Dauphin? I don't think we should sleep on him. His numbers were not bad in the AHL. Year 1: .36 ppg Year 2: .74 ppg. Lots of speed. His faceoffs could use work but his NHL FO numbers jumped from year 1 to year 2, maybe there is room for improvement?

We will have some cap space if Stan can move Hossa's deal. Maybe take a run at Thornton who can play to 2C/3C depending on the chemistry. If Thornton would sign, I would put him at 3C because I don't think Schmaltz and Thornton would be a great fit due to their pass-first type play. Hartman and Hayden are shoot first so he could fit well there (I like Hayden's release).

Sharp and Hayden can be flipped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad