2017-2018 Blues Discussion Thread Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Yeah, and I especially hope for some goals from Tarasenko. A couple snipes against weaker teams could get him back on track. I'd really like to see Husso get a start or two before Hutton returns. I share the concerns with Steen I've seen posted on the board. His mind just doesn't seem up to game speed, never mind his skating. He needs some of what Upshall is having to get back to his old ways.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’d like to see Husso start Sun as well but my gut says they just play Jake both games unless something strange happens.

Last edited:

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I kind of thought of it as Hutton primarily started on away games, so maybe Husso would get one of those games. Next Sunday with the back-to-back home-and-away against Winnipeg, if Hutton is out that would be a possibility. I do agree though, tomorrow would be a good chance to get him in against Buffalo, who are bad.

Also, it looks like Binnington has been doing well according to his numbers: 1.83/.930. Providence is 1st in their division, so I suppose they're a strong team. Has anybody seen Binnington play this season? Has he been stellar, or a product of a good defense? Or both?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
It will be interesting to see how Schenn performs if he has to play any significant amount time without Schwartz. Their chemistry has been terrific and has been driving each of their career-years thus far. A six-week injury would be very Bluesy right about now.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I kind of thought of it as Hutton primarily started on away games, so maybe Husso would get one of those games. Next Sunday with the back-to-back home-and-away against Winnipeg, if Hutton is out that would be a possibility. I do agree though, tomorrow would be a good chance to get him in against Buffalo, who are bad.

Also, it looks like Binnington has been doing well according to his numbers: 1.83/.930. Providence is 1st in their division, so I suppose they're a strong team. Has anybody seen Binnington play this season? Has he been stellar, or a product of a good defense? Or both?

But, because Allen wasn't worked too hard in today's game, Yeo will probably start Allen again tomorrow.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

It’s a mixture for Binnington. For me in the games I’ve seen, Binnington has always been a decent goalie. Never a standout but doesn’t do anything to hurt the team either.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Do you guys think we should give Barbashev another shot with the Blues? I wouldn't mind seeing how he looks with Berglund and Blais on the third line right now since Paajarvi isn't providing much.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Do you guys think we should give Barbashev another shot with the Blues? I wouldn't mind seeing how he looks with Berglund and Blais on the third line right now since Paajarvi isn't providing much.
Ideally he'd be on the third line and Paajarvi would drop to the fourth, with Thorburn on the waiver wire.

I find it a little ridiculous, despite what was supposedly a lackluster training camp, that were icing a guy who isn't even an NHL caliber player over a 3rd line quality talent.

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
Sounds weird but generally think the team looks better with Paajarvi in. He skates hard and has improved his stick play on D quite a bit. A couple good pokes on the PK yesterday. I wouldn't play him over a legit third-liner but he adds something. Similar to how Jaskin actually looks useful this year, just not top 6 useful.

Before the injury, I wanted to say, just put Vladi back with 10-17 already. His funk coincides with both Ari passing and the line change. We can fix one of those issues.

Do we need Bouw? The dropoff on D scoring lately pretty much lines up with his return. He's a black hole on O (pretty sure that goal was tipped yesterday), and his return unsettled all the pairings. I guess he's stabilized the PK?

Reactions: stl76

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
When Hutton comes back? I mean we've pretty darn tough next few games. TBL, ANA, JET back2back.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Dunn's passing ability is off the charts. He sees and quickly executes the stretch pass as well as any D-Man on the team and some of his bank passes are just ridiculous. This kid has talent.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
He's got quite a bit of learning to go defensively, but Dunn has been a pleasant surprise to this point. The kid knows how to move the puck up ice, that's for sure. I'm actually a bit surprised he hasn't scored more.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
He's got quite a bit of learning to go defensively, but Dunn has been a pleasant surprise to this point. The kid knows how to move the puck up ice, that's for sure. I'm actually a bit surprised he hasn't scored more.
His shots get blocked far too often for my liking. Once he works on getting his pucks through traffic and on net, I think we'll see an uptick in his production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad