Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Why it takes so much time to update the list?
Caley has a life outside these boards, simple as that.
These projects take a surprising amount of time, and it's all volunteer work.

I'll go ahead and update it for now, but unless Caley says otherwise, I don't want to encroach on the project too much moving forward.

Anatol Trottier

Nov 26, 2017
Caley has a life outside these boards, simple as that.
These projects take a surprising amount of time, and it's all volunteer work.

I'll go ahead and update it for now, but unless Caley says otherwise, I don't want to encroach on the project too much moving forward.

I just asked because last year it was updated very fast. Thanks for the reply..

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I just asked because last year it was updated very fast. Thanks for the reply..
Sorry, and I hope I didn't come off as stand-offish.
I just know others have wondered when things got behind in the past, and others will wonder in the future too, so just a reminder, for those who don't necessarily know what's behind the scenes - sometimes we don't update simply because we haven't had the chance to!

Cheers!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Sorry, and I hope I didn't come off as stand-offish.
I just know others have wondered when things got behind in the past, and others will wonder in the future too, so just a reminder, for those who don't necessarily know what's behind the scenes - sometimes we don't update simply because we haven't had the chance to!

Cheers!

Also keep in mind the code for the tables has drastically changed, Caley's tables are extensive.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Isn't there a timing issue with the announcements when it comes to weekend waivers? For some reason it takes longer for the player names to get out there.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Jared Boll of Anaheim on waivers. (Elliotte Friedman on Twitter)
In the "Ripley's Believe it or Not" category:

Boll was a 4th round choice in 2005.

He has scored 28 goals in 577 NHL games.

If he clears waivers and reports to the AHL, it would be his first time ever in the minors !!!

Has made $13M so far in his career.

Not bad for a very "niche" player.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good riddance. One of the most useless players to suit up for Anaheim in the last decade

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Good riddance? He cleared. You guys are stuck with him. At least you can send him into exile down in San Diego.
I know he cleared? He's off the NHL roster which is all I really care about, which was pretty obvious by my post.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I think his point was he only cleared. You still have him within the organization taking up a contract spot.

Bingo - That was my point.
Which might matter if Anaheim was at 49 or 50 contracts....given we're at 47 and Boll is a pending UFA it's not an issue what so ever for Anaheim this season or beyond.

Having him off the NHL roster is great news and the only one that matters given no-one was going to claim probably the worst player in the NHL

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Which might matter if Anaheim was at 49 or 50 contracts....given we're at 47 and Boll is a pending UFA it's not an issue what so ever for Anaheim this season or beyond.

Having him off the NHL roster is great news and the only one that matters given no-one was going to claim probably the worst player in the NHL
Boll is a heart and soul player. Haven't seen him this year but he was always a tough guy who could skate and really lay the body. More useful then Derek Grant or Chris Wagner on the ducks. Or plugs like Scott Wilson Freddie Hamilton or brock mcginn. 4th liners who don't score hit or fight.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Boll is a heart and soul player. Haven't seen him this year but he was always a tough guy who could skate and really lay the body. More useful then Derek Grant or Chris Wagner on the ducks. Or plugs like Scott Wilson Freddie Hamilton or brock mcginn. 4th liners who don't score hit or fight.

Half of that random list of players you named are pretty useful... Not to mention, half of them are among the hit leaders on their teams.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
The fact you think Boll is more useful then Grant or Wagner shows how little of the Ducks you have seen this season (or last season), I'll go out on a limb and say you've seen zero games. Wagner has been arguably Anaheim's best bottom 6 forward this season and Grant has looked pretty good at times (though is going through a rough patch atm, and yet still 100000 times more useful then Boll).

Boll is a liability on the ice, can barely manage 5 minutes of ice time and his only 'enforcing' is to fight another enforcer in a staged fight. What a superstar :laugh: :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad