Boston Bruins 2017-18 Bruins Regular Season

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Irking me big time. Day after opening night and friggin crickets. All week long, repeat crickets. I've been listening to wfan for Yankee coverage after two hours waiting for hockey talk this entire past week.

It's really annoying. When I was listening to 98.5 (I believe it was Felger and Mazz) they gave it the ol' "It's one game" and barely talked about it. We got like a 10-20 minute segment. Instead they just talked about the debacle that is the Boston Red Sox and the Patriots (who are in game 4). I find sports radio really pissing me off lately because of their hockey coverage. They either don't talk at all, or when they talk they just piss me off because they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

Reactions: kman22

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
It's really annoying. When I was listening to 98.5 (I believe it was Felger and Mazz) they gave it the ol' "It's one game" and barely talked about it. We got like a 10-20 minute segment. Instead they just talked about the debacle that is the Boston Red Sox and the Patriots (who are in game 4). I find sports radio really pissing me off lately because of their hockey coverage. They either don't talk at all, or when they talk they just piss me off because they clearly don't know what they're talking about. [/QUOTE]

The bolded is they key part - do you really want them talking hockey? The only time there's any worthwhile hockey talk on that station is the hockey show every Saturday, which I rarely catch. All the main hosts are just casual hockey fans at best (even Felger). He claims to be a puck head, but when you listen to him talk hockey it's always surface level/very general. Doesn't know shit about the prospects, no knowledge of the rest of the league, brutally mis-pronouncing or not knowing names, etc. Not an EEI listener, but I imagine there would be some decent hockey talk there with Dale hosting

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's really annoying. When I was listening to 98.5 (I believe it was Felger and Mazz) they gave it the ol' "It's one game" and barely talked about it. We got like a 10-20 minute segment. Instead they just talked about the debacle that is the Boston Red Sox and the Patriots (who are in game 4). I find sports radio really pissing me off lately because of their hockey coverage. They either don't talk at all, or when they talk they just piss me off because they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

betcha had the B`s lost in the opener, the pile on would be in full effect by those two

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I wonder if their whole exchange with Neely at the end of last year is why they're freezing out the B's?

Cam refused to go on their show because they were being negative (which wasn't very nice but Cam has to be above that crap and find a way to deal with it) so now they're being little children and avoiding talking about the B's as much as possible.

I know Felger considers himself a big reason for the Bruins resurgence in popularity during the team's rise to elite status under Chiarelli & Julien. Maybe he thinks he can have the opposite effect now that Neely won't come on his show.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I wonder if their whole exchange with Neely at the end of last year is why they're freezing out the B's?

Cam refused to go on their show because they were being negative (which wasn't very nice but Cam has to be above that crap and find a way to deal with it) so now they're being little children and avoiding talking about the B's as much as possible.

I know Felger considers himself a big reason for the Bruins resurgence in popularity during the team's rise to elite status under Chiarelli & Julien. Maybe he thinks he can have the opposite effect now that Neely won't come on his show.
They should do a segment with Cassidy instead. He's good with the media. It really should be Sweeney, but I dont think he does any interviews

Reactions: DKH

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Four days between games is awful.
The schedule sucks.

As far as sports radio, Arnold raised hell the other day about how little they're being discussed.

I agree with Felger that the Celtics have moved into the number two spot behind the Patriots.
The Red Sox are in the playoffs and when they get eliminated, there will be a couple of weeks worth of angry callers.

The Bruins are fourth. The national media has written them off. ESPN has them 22nd in the power rankings (yeah yeah espn and all) and to the casual fan, the Bruins are simply not relevant.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The schedule sucks.

As far as sports radio, Arnold raised hell the other day about how little they're being discussed.

I agree with Felger that the Celtics have moved into the number two spot behind the Patriots.
The Red Sox are in the playoffs and when they get eliminated, there will be a couple of weeks worth of angry callers.

The Bruins are fourth. The national media has written them off. ESPN has them 22nd in the power rankings (yeah yeah espn and all) and to the casual fan, the Bruins are simply not relevant.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The schedule sucks.

Basketball the game for the lazy and overpaid. Watch Marchmadness and watch NBA and you know those NBA guys are dogging it. I can't watch a minute . Sickens me.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I sucked it up and got the nhltv subscription. I figure I'm in OR so pretty much everything should be out of market. I'm switching back and forth between every game going on right now. Woot woot. This rangers Toronto game is crazy with the goals..

Oh my heart, I found Goucher. I can watch every game he calls.:devdance:

Last edited:

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
i wish there was better sports talk radio in boston. i don't like any of the shows. it's gone way downhill imo. sports are supposed to be fun. who wants to tune in and listen to people be hysterical negative dinks every day. who needs that in their life.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
The schedule sucks.

ESPN, where the top 10 plays of the week are 1 touchdown and 9 slam dunks. I get the feeling the Bruins won't be 4th in the (Boston) media for too long with this "new look" team.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

So who do we want from them? :)

Doughty, Eichel, Hanifan, Shattenkirk for our AHL team. DONE.

But in all seriousness, I think it has to do with the depth of the system and that Spooner/Beleskey/McQ and a few others could be had for the right price.

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006
I don't mind that 4th line. Got a chance to chip in some points.

I wonder who the odd man out is if Bergeron is ok to go.
Would think its czarnik pushing Nash down to the fourth line. Spooner centering schaller and kuraly doesn't seem right.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
They should do a segment with Cassidy instead. He's good with the media. It really should be Sweeney, but I dont think he does any interviews

I agree, it should be Sweeney. Chiarelli did it when it was his team. Felger is smarter than Cam, and can paint him into corners. Which just makes Cam angry. Good luck trying to do that to Don Sweeney. Or better yet, hire a PR guy who is really good at this sort of thing.

Reactions: BMC

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Not sure which line is 3rd and which is 4th (same way which is 1st and which is 2nd with no Bergy and 2 rookies with Krejci?) but Czarnik is between Belesky and Vatrano. Nash is between Kuraly and Schaller.

It's a weird lineup the Bruins have with 3 right shooting centers but only 1 right shooting right wing to go along with 4 right shooting D.

I didn't realize but Czarnik and Kuraly were the 1/2 centers at Miami U (Ohio) for 3 of their 4 years there (Czarnik 1 year ahead).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad