2016 WJC - QF Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I like what see from kapanen in this tournament
skill level is evident but playing with more grit and determination than i expected
My first view of him was with the marlies and I'm happy with his physicality. He's hrown some bone crushers in he ahl this season for sure. Hes a strong kid for sure.

OvenMittz*

My first view of him was with the marlies and I'm happy with his physicality. He's hrown some bone crushers in he ahl this season for sure. Hes a strong kid for sure.

im scared he might be another Panik, where he can be a noticeable player one game, and then disappear in another.

He deff has more skill for sure, but i've seen games where hes been quiet. I hope he can keep this pace and stay consistent, he can be a real difference maker if he does.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
im scared he might be another Panik, where he can be a noticeable player one game, and then disappear in another.

He deff has more skill for sure, but i've seen games where hes been quiet. I hope he can keep this pace and stay consistent, he can be a real difference maker if he does.
Agreed. That's the only question mark imo, can he be consistent. Fortunately he's 19 and Keefe is his coach so I think the scales are tipping in favor of him becoming consistent.

champs*

they are all being taught this on the marlies, to play for babcock you must play hard every game, Willie is learning this too. Most on here think he should be up just cause he super skilled, more to it than just that.

OvenMittz*

Agreed. That's the only question mark imo, can he be consistent. Fortunately he's 19 and Keefe is his coach so I think the scales are tipping in favor of him becoming consistent.
i agree, confidence will help him.
A gold medal will help his confidence.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
i agree, confidence will help him.
A gold medal will help his confidence.
Ya it's amazing how winning a goal medal can do that for a player.
I think he will be a nhl player top 9 for sure but I think he might spend another year with the marlies unless he has a huge growth spurt.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

I think Kapanen is the type of player that has to get used to his linemates before he starts to shine. The carousel of lineup changes & linemates with the Marlies are not as conducive to players like that. With him starting the season late & then missing a few weeks in November & now being off with the WJC he has had to get reacquainted each time.

I'm looking forward to him returning to the Marlies for an unbroken length. I expect him to take off for the latter part of the Marlies season.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nice to see Timashov step up in a big game today by the sounds of it. He had a great tourney. And great for Kapanen to pick up a couple of assists. Encouraging play - hope he can shine in the gold medal game.

mikebel111*

I have nothing against the US team, but Rotten Ronnie doesnt deserve to win anything. I hope his team gets blown out!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think Kapanen is the type of player that has to get used to his linemates before he starts to shine. The carousel of lineup changes & linemates with the Marlies are not as conducive to players like that. With him starting the season late & then missing a few weeks in November & now being off with the WJC he has had to get reacquainted each time.

I'm looking forward to him returning to the Marlies for an unbroken length. I expect him to take off for the latter part of the Marlies season.
Agreed. He plays like a one man unit when hes not familiar with his line mates. I think when he is used to playing within a teams structure he will flourish too. The leafs current system of the marlies mimicing the leafs should make for a smother transition for him when/if he makes the jump.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Hopefully USA or Russia wins, I don't want Canada to be able to make excuses for this disaster by saying they only lost by one to the gold medal winner.

So many stupid people involved. Tom Renney is an utter moron. Old boys club to the extreme. Too bad all the competent people are employed in the NHL. Would love to see someone like Yzerman or Hunter run things one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad