Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v25) Next: vs BOS| Sun, Sept 11| 1pmET/10amPT | Buchholz vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
martin barely rolled his ankle and he injured it? Jays trainers need to start a new stretching regimen, one that includes ankles

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
The Jays inability to small ball is a much discussed and generally accepted weakness of this team. Are you face planing because the point was so obvious, or because you're actually in denial of it?

No it's not, it's a common narrative against the team because people like to ***** and complain about everything.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Jays inability to small ball is a much discussed and generally accepted weakness of this team. Are you face planing because the point was so obvious, or because you're actually in denial of it?
Hey, you're not allowed to criticize the Blue Jays here even when it's warranted.

That 3rd inning approach was idiotic.

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
No it's not, it's a common narrative against the team because people like to ***** and complain about everything.

hmmm, I can think of a couple times last game when small ball would have been better than what actually happened. It is a common complaint regarding Gibby.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
hmmm, I can think of a couple times last game when small ball would have been better than what actually happened. It is a common complaint regarding Gibby.

Pillar should of suicide squeezed last night...maddon would of called for it lol

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015

But having even basic small ball skills would make this team so much better. Especially at the bottom of the lineup. It shouldn't have been difficult to bunt those players a base, and have Donaldson up, 1 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
This is a team full of sluggers, they won't play much small ball. For better or for worse.

Our 6-9 hitters, even if they're hitting .220, should be contact hitters who can advance base runners. The striking out swinging for the fences is a very frustrating aspect of this team, but I'm of course not talking about the big 3.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Our 6-9 hitters, even if they're hitting .220, should be contact hitters who can advance base runners. The striking out swinging for the fences is a very frustrating aspect of this team, but I'm of course not talking about the big 3.

Whos the big 3? Far as im concerned we have the big two jd and ee

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Sacrifice hits this season:

Toronto - 18
Baltimore - 11
Boston - 6

Tell me more about how "small ball" is the key to winning.

Just remember every time a Jay doesn't hit a home run they should have played 'small ball' instead. Smoak should have tried for a small base hit instead the grand slam 'trying to be the hero'

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
I get so sick of buck and pat pumping up the opposing pitcher every night when most of these guys are ****ing garbage and its just the jays making him look good

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Just remember every time a Jay doesn't hit a home run they should have played 'small ball' instead. Smoak should have tried for a small base hit instead the grand slam 'trying to be the hero'

Just completely selfish. We need more gritty sacrifice bunts!!!

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
when you have a runner on 2nd with no out and the batter is able to advance him to 3rd by either bunting or hitting a grounder to the right side of the infield...is this counted in the 18 sacrifices the Jays have this year? Small ball wins games. But whatever, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad