GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Part II || Well... this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I don't know what people expect really, he traded the 2 UFAs we had for good return.

Hockey trades mostly have to wait until the summer now when teams can work it into the cap better (especially with cap holding flat or even falling now).

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well I guess it's true....we are racking the francos so be more able to part ways in due time with Desharnais. That,s good news.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
I could be wrong, but isn't Matteau a better version of DSP? Believe he has wheels.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Would be a lot more reassuring if our GM had a history of being proactive in the summer.

Allow me to reassure you. Between June and October since 2012, Bergevin has made a total of 7. Now If I compare it to say a team like Detroit, they've made 1. Heck, even Washington has only done 4. You seriously done just being emotional and uninformed. What you're looking for is quality and I can respect that, however pretense shows their isn't a lack of trying. As of this instance hockey deals are tough because of cap incertitude. Wait for the NHL to announce the cap for next years and I guarantee a high set of trades or at least waiver movement allowing for trades than this year since the drop of the Loonie.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Holy hell, a 2nd and 4th for Stempniak? Jesus, Sweeney is high.

Remember, they have 2 first round picks. They can afford it and it was rather last minute, as they had not intended to be buyers ( see their email to season ticket holders), but nobody in the East really moved.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Drouin can still get traded.
The trade deadline is only about players who play. You can technically still trade Drouin for a bunch of picks but he won't be able to play.

Not sure why you quoted that post to say that ? Would have made more sense to quote my other post on the subject ? If that's what you meant to do, then yes I agree, but I was talking about immediate help. If he trades Drouin now he'll not get a player who can help in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad