2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
A non-playoff team with a top 3 lottery pick is the best thing that can happen to this team. Fingers crossed!! :crossfing

I'd rather make the playoffs and have an extra 5mil+ to spend next offseason.

Actually I might rather a top 3 pick than a first round playoff exit, but I think we're not likely to "achieve" that.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Really liked that #4 Finish dman in the U20s. His skating stride reminded me of Karlsson a bit.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
From what I have seen of Laine is that he gets around the ice and has better acceleration than Ryan. But thats a good comparison.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Can you imagine if we draft Alex Nylander and he ends up better than his brother?

It would be the absolute ultimate troll job ever. Especially since Nylander is like the first greatest thing to happen to them in so long.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Can you imagine if we draft Alex Nylander and he ends up better than his brother?

It would be the absolute ultimate troll job ever. Especially since Nylander is like the first greatest thing to happen to them in so long.

That would be amazing xD

As for Zacha I watched him sometimes in his draft year which he missed a lot of games but he had flashes of high end skill periodically throughout games.

He has high potential but also safe to be a 2nd/3rd line player.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Top end of the draft is very strong this year, almost as strong as last year. Even if we finish in the 10-14 pick range there should be a couple top 10 quality prospects available.

I like Kieffer Bellows and Logan Brown just outside of the top 10.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I really like Laine, if we continue to slide we might be able to get him. I am not sure about him being compared to Ryan, he's heavier and gets around the ice quicker IMO, he looks like a Ovechkin lite. I'd also say his writer is already better than Ryan, guy can shoot the puck.

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015
Ottawa would have to do very poorly the rest of the year to get Laine. He's going top 5 and the Sens currently look to be trending in an upward fashion.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You joke but ill take a guy that will put the work in to get better ,rather than the guy that tries to use just his skill and draft position to get in to the nhl :nod:

Just because someone is highly rated and high skilled doesn't mean they're not willing to work.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Pierre-Luc Dubois if we draft in the top 10. This is all.

Oh and Puljujarvi will be the best player in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad