NFL: 2016 NFL Offseason News & Notes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If they don't want to put the Pats in back to back opening nights then it should be a SB rematch IMO.

How often do we get an AFC vs NFC opening night though? Feels like it doesn't happen often, could just be me being wrong though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If they don't want to put the Pats in back to back opening nights then it should be a SB rematch IMO.

How often do we get an AFC vs NFC opening night though? Feels like it doesn't happen often, could just be me being wrong though.
Only happened once, when the Colts beat the saints.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Only happened once, when the Colts beat the saints.

thanks for the info

Same situation as that game so it wouldn't shock me if we see it. Especially with Cam Newton being the MVP of the league- if it was a less marketable team like the Cardinals that made it to the SB then I doubt we would see an opening night rematch but it wouldn't shock me with Carolina

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
They won't do a SB rematch to open the season, it's just not going to happen.

Given the league's joyous rapture over LA, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Rams/Broncos. Hopefully they wouldn't subjugate the Broncos Super Bowl banner unveiling etc. by making it an LA home game, but I wouldn't put it past them after reading that Wickersham piece from yesterday.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
A little surprised the Skins aren't bringing back Alfred Morris.

Sure his numbers went down this year & he only had one TD, but he's still capable of returning to his former self, is 27 and is just one year removed from 1K yards/8 TD's.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Given the league's joyous rapture over LA, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Rams/Broncos. Hopefully they wouldn't subjugate the Broncos Super Bowl banner unveiling etc. by making it an LA home game, but I wouldn't put it past them after reading that Wickersham piece from yesterday.

They don't play this year.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

The Rams and Broncos don't play each other.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Niners have plenty of cash, but I wouldn't be shocked if they held onto a lot of it. They have plenty of picks to build through that and take their time. They're probably a couple years away, anyway. Plus, Anthony Davis is expected to come back, so his contract will come back in effect.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Good point by the MMQB on Gale Sayers (he's all for TD getting in, but was providing the against argument as well)

(Regarding the “Gale Sayers-had-a-short-career-too” argument: Sayers’ career began 51 years ago, and lots of players between 1940 and 1970 had short careers, because of things like military service, low pay for football players and medical science not being able to fix knees. So it’s not an apples-to-apples comparison.)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Vikings defense is going to be scary next year

Depending on what the Bears do with the money I can see them pushing for a spot- not even sure they necessarily need another receiver with White coming back. If Langford and Carey hold it down in the backfield they are going to have a nice balance on offense. Throw some money at the trenches and in the secondary and they should be a very interesting team.

Same goes for the Raiders IMO.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
There is a lot more money to be spent than there are players to spend it on. Think we are going to see a lot of wasted money this year.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-ev...c276-a24a-4ef3-a314-55fa2526eda8?sf21015101=1

The Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys have matched up seven times on Thanksgiving Day in their historic rivalry dating back to the 1960s.

Could the 2016 season bring an eighth Thanksgiving Day matchup?

Sports Business Journal’s John Ourand is reporting that the league is “likely†to schedule Redskins-Cowboys as one of its two Thanksgiving Day games in 2016. Though the NFL is yet to confirm the report – regular-season schedules aren’t usually finalized and released until mid-April – Ourand is told it would be telecast on FOX

The location of the game is not included in Ourand’s report, but the Cowboys have traditionally been the home team on Thanksgiving in years past. The other Thanksgiving Day game this season will likely feature the Detroit Lions taking on the Minnesota Vikings, Ourand reports

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Broncos may be looking at RG III as a back-up if Osweiler's demands get out of hand.

Malik Jackson 50-50 to re-sign though he referred to the Broncos' defense as "they" in another article I read. I'd love for him to take a bit of a discount and shuffle some things around to keep him but it's gonna be nearly impossible. Bears will probably offer him a ridiculous contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA