2015 NHL Draft: Boston Bruins draft review

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
jakub_zboril_zach_senyshyn_jake_debrusk_boston_062615.jpg
Photo: The Bruins surprised everybody when they took (left to right) Jakub Zboril, Zachary Senyshyn, and Jake DeBrusk with picks 13-15 at the 2015 NHL Draft. (Courtesy of Dave Sandford/NHLI via Getty Images)

</p>For the first time since the 2006-07 season, the Boston Bruins found themselves on the outside looking in at the NHL playoffs despite a 41-27-14 record and 96-point finish. While the Bruins still had a chance to make the playoffs during the final days of the season, missing the party was enough for the team to pull the trigger on many changes within the organization. The biggest was at the general manager position, where former Bruins defenseman Don Sweeney replaced Peter Chiarielli, who departed to take the same job with the Edmonton Oilers.… read more

The post 2015 NHL Draft: Boston Bruins draft review appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Like the Goatee on Clode...You can see the relief on Don Sweeney's face but also he looked like he was going to throw up throughout the whole draft process. Glad for him that his Intelligence Quotient is really showing in the moves that he's made in the past few weeks, pessimists me damned.:laugh:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Clode's been lapping up the sun somewhere :laugh:

Most intriguing signing is of course Senyshyn who, I read last week, was going to be taken at #16 by the Oilers (Im sure Chia had all the scouting reports on him from his time at the Bs so makes sense and he knew Boston liked him too), 8 spots before Toronto were going to take him at #24, so there's definitely something to be excited about :D

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Clode's been lapping up the sun somewhere :laugh:

Most intriguing signing is of course Senyshyn who, I read last week, was going to be taken at #16 by the Oilers (Im sure Chia had all the scouting reports on him from his time at the Bs so makes sense and he knew Boston liked him too), 8 spots before Toronto were going to take him at #24, so there's definitely something to be excited about :D

Where did you read that?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Wow didn't think Zboril would have a chance to crack the roster this year....thought I heard he needed a year or 2

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wow didn't think Zboril would have a chance to crack the roster this year....thought I heard he needed a year or 2

I will never be mistaken for a scout but judging solely on his game from what I`ve watched him here the kid has some exciting potential and is already an absolute stud in the Q but I still think, and feel another year, maybe 2 as you stated and for me, especially when it comes to a D-man, my hope is to not rush the kid

All that said, would it shock me if this kid is ready sooner? Not a bit, I think fans will love him, when I`ve watched him against the Mooseheads I`ve respected/despised him only because he was so stellar in his own zone, reads and anticipates plays which allows him to position himself well before the puck carrier gets there and when he hits (which is often) it`s the kind of hit you know hurts, one of those players who seems to be everywhere on the ice. He did a fantastic job cutting off both Meier and Ehlers which is no easy task

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad