2015-16 Training Camp info

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins rookies play in the Sabres inaugural rookie tournement on September 12th so you figure rookies report Tuesday or Wednesday after Labor Day.

Based on history I'm down for Monday 14th officially starts but you can expect day after Labor Day captain practices commence

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Nathan Dempsey only skated in 17 games with the Bruins, and those were his last NHL games. Lesson learned: Don't shake hands with the crypt keeper!

My guess is the Bruins will post when practices are the day before in the little articles they put on the main site. Don't depend on Ristuccia's calendar - they seemed to have stopped updating it in February, and despite how they played in March and April, I have to believe they had at LEAST one practice there in those two months.

You can call the arena the morning of the announced practice to see if they're going to be there. From what I read last year, players seemed to trickle in during the captains' practices, and then really came in during the actual training camp. If you have your heart set on seeing a specific player, later is probably better, but if you're happy enough to watch anyone on ice, then any practice would be good, I imagine.

Oh, and no autographs - so the signs in the parking lot say. I get that, since they don't want to have to spend an hour every day both before and after practice signing jerseys to be sold on eBay - and the moment they decide that it's really time to go, you know the next person is going to be a small kid with a sad story, and bad feelings ensue. (Then again, when they sell tickets to paid autograph appearances...meh.)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
With the alleged start of the TC shortly after Labour Day, I'm surprised the organization hasn't announced the schedule. One would think that with the baseball team in the tank, the' want to take advantage of the void and generate some interest.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
That is 2006 training camp info haha. I don't think this year's camp info has officially come out yet

They'll probably invite stars from 10 years ago anyway as they did with Gagne, Vile Leino, and Chris Clark recently. Here come Dallas Drake and Jon Klemm to provide "competition".

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
idk. training camp isnt what it use to be. Once it was just me in the stands with Mike Milbury and his kids. You could take pictures and chat with PC or whichever reporter was cruising by.

now its a circus

I do miss seeing Kirk and everyone

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
idk. training camp isnt what it use to be. Once it was just me in the stands with Mike Milbury and his kids. You could take pictures and chat with PC or whichever reporter was cruising by.

now its a circus

I do miss seeing Kirk and everyone

Whoa!!!! I'm there what are you saying I'm boring

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The marketing geniuses at bruins.com stuck this in as the THIRD "headline" (behind yesterday's announcement of single game tickets and this morning's announcement of suite tickets), even though it was just posted literally half an hour ago:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=777776&navid=DL|BOS|home

As of right now, rookie camp is totally in Buffalo from 9/10 to 9/15, except for stuff that's closed to the unwashed masses like off-ice testing. As of now, no chance to peek at the rookies.

Main camp runs from 9/17 to 10/2. The main camp has open-to-the-public practices at Ristuukka (sorry, I've given up on spelling that) on:

Fri 9/25, 10:00 and 11:15 (two groups)
Sat 9/26, 10:00 (one group)
Tue 9/29, 10:00 and 11:15 (two groups)
Wed 9/30, 10:00 (one group)
Thurs 10/1, 10:00 (one group)

I'm sure there will be captains' practices as well. As always, stuff changes, so check the site and/or call Ristuukka before heading out if going to Wilmington and finding nobody there will piss you off.

Oh, and here's an interesting tidbit: "Open practices at TD Garden are TBD". I don't recall that in the past couple of years, but my memory may be faulty.

I wonder when the State of the Bruins will be. Last year they held it on Thursday 9/18, which was the day of off-ice testing. If they were to keep it the same, then their off-ice testing day (and when the main camp opens) is 9/17, which is also a Thursday. I'm betting it's then.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The marketing geniuses at bruins.com stuck this in as the THIRD "headline" (behind yesterday's announcement of single game tickets and this morning's announcement of suite tickets), even though it was just posted literally half an hour ago:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=777776&navid=DL|BOS|home

As of right now, rookie camp is totally in Buffalo from 9/10 to 9/15, except for stuff that's closed to the unwashed masses like off-ice testing. As of now, no chance to peek at the rookies.

Main camp runs from 9/17 to 10/2. The main camp has open-to-the-public practices at Ristuukka (sorry, I've given up on spelling that) on:

Fri 9/25, 10:00 and 11:15 (two groups)
Sat 9/26, 10:00 (one group)
Tue 9/29, 10:00 and 11:15 (two groups)
Wed 9/30, 10:00 (one group)
Thurs 10/1, 10:00 (one group)

I'm sure there will be captains' practices as well. As always, stuff changes, so check the site and/or call Ristuukka before heading out if going to Wilmington and finding nobody there will piss you off.

Oh, and here's an interesting tidbit: "Open practices at TD Garden are TBD". I don't recall that in the past couple of years, but my memory may be faulty.

I wonder when the State of the Bruins will be. Last year they held it on Thursday 9/18, which was the day of off-ice testing. If they were to keep it the same, then their off-ice testing day (and when the main camp opens) is 9/17, which is also a Thursday. I'm betting it's then.

And as usual, I'm sure that NESN will be there with their extensive coverage of all aspects of camp, from the weigh-ins to the pre-season games and interviews with the players and coaches in between...:sarcasm: Or, maybe not.:shakehead

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
And as usual, I'm sure that NESN will be there with their extensive coverage of all aspects of camp, from the weigh-ins to the pre-season games and interviews with the players and coaches in between...:sarcasm: Or, maybe not.:shakehead

Summer hockey coverage is a snoozefest - I watched the last couple of shows with Jaffe and Brick, and, well, there isn't much there there, especially if you peek on HF and read the Bruins' site. In fact, they took 3 minutes to show Talbot doing a reverse-Pacioretty on Quebec - but I'd already seen that. It was a good clip, and Max was funny as hell, but I don't really need a rerun.

So, I can't get too upset with NESN not covering the (lack of) summer activity in hockey. Now, the games...that's another story. I was royally pissed last year when the Caps feed of Boston at Washington was slated to be shown on NHLN, but was blocked because of NESN's rights, which they never used because NESN had nobody there to cover the game. For the record, Jack has said that he wants more coverage of the preseason games. That's when the team starts to take shae - not really right now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Think you got into the circus group. What? Your chases after the Sobotkas and the Knights must have been seen. :laugh:

My teenage daughter - actually she was maybe 10 when it started loves Sobotka so I went along with her. When you factor in the Bruins sucked and my families season tickets since late 40's snd connections over there it put us multiple times with Sobotka and he was great to the kid- unbelievable nice to her even telling her once she was her his first fan.

As for Knight I admit knowing him and have been to London. He's a good kid and has been screwed over. Call me pompous and obnoxious I really don't give a flying **** because my knowledge of a lot of this stuff is never played out here on him and pretty much most of the stuff

The more he is crapped on the more a dig in. Yesterday a poster made a disparaging useless comment which considering she was banned and is back under another name ain't to smart

No chasing here - defending. I like having a dog in the fight and ZS is my next guy along with O'Gara.

If it's reasoned and not just done to be a Richard I'm ok but I can tell trolls. Thing with trolls you meet them and there always a lot nicer in person

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
My teenage daughter - actually she was maybe 10 when it started loves Sobotka so I went along with her. When you factor in the Bruins sucked and my families season tickets since late 40's snd connections over there it put us multiple times with Sobotka and he was great to the kid- unbelievable nice to her even telling her once she was her his first fan.

As for Knight I admit knowing him and have been to London. He's a good kid and has been screwed over. Call me pompous and obnoxious I really don't give a flying **** because my knowledge of a lot of this stuff is never played out here on him and pretty much most of the stuff

The more he is crapped on the more a dig in. Yesterday a poster made a disparaging useless comment which considering she was banned and is back under another name ain't to smart

No chasing here - defending. I like having a dog in the fight and ZS is my next guy along with O'Gara.

If it's reasoned and not just done to be a Richard I'm ok but I can tell trolls. Thing with trolls you meet them and there always a lot nicer in person

Speaking of Knight DKH, how is he doing with the Wild organization? I haven't followed him whatsoever since he was moved.

Always hoped the kid would stick here. I always thought he had a Kobasew ceiling, perfect feisty 4th line RW. Tailor made for Boston

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Speaking of Knight DKH, how is he doing with the Wild organization? I haven't followed him whatsoever since he was moved.

Always hoped the kid would stick here. I always thought he had a Kobasew ceiling, perfect feisty 4th line RW. Tailor made for Boston
Ready to bring the heat without Cassidy who can thank Pandolfo for keeping his job:naughty:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

How pathetic is it that since the start of the WHL Winterhawks camp I have seen at least one segment on the news and two articles in the local papers DAILY about the incoming prospects, returners, the over agers who will hopefully make their big clubs this year, etc, etc. Media coverage on a Jr team out here far surpasses NESN's coverage of the Boston Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad