2015-16 Line-up discussion - we suck edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I still don't think Wagner will be claimed. Idk, I've never felt the same love that a lot of people here give him. I just don't know which teams are looking at their 4th line saying "we really need a guy to throw one big hit a game." He has to stay with the NHL team and I don't think he's shown enough for another GM to give him a roster spot. Not that he's a bad player, and he's very good in the AHL, but I think he'll clear. I could be wrong though, who knows.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It seems odd to risk losing Wagner just to bring up Sgarbossa. I guess my joke about frittering away all our late round draft picks filling holes may come to pass after all.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
I still don't think Wagner will be claimed. Idk, I've never felt the same love that a lot of people here give him. I just don't know which teams are looking at their 4th line saying "we really need a guy to throw one big hit a game." He has to stay with the NHL team and I don't think he's shown enough for another GM to give him a roster spot. Not that he's a bad player, and he's very good in the AHL, but I think he'll clear. I could be wrong though, who knows.

NHL Faceoff level over 53%. 4 for 5 last night.
Leads Ducks forwards in hits this season playing 6 less games.
Plays very well on PK.
Gives 100% every shift and can turn a game on a hit.

Seems like a good 4th liner when the top 3 lines are doing their jobs.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Pretty good chance Wagner gets claimed this time as opposing teams have noticed his big checks and compete level.

I'd say it's a toss up, compared to last time which was a sure thing. He played better, but nothing too crazy or special. So, yeah, toss up that he clears, and even less likely he sticks with the team that claims him.

More interesting about Holzer. Obviously another defenseman's coming, and I'm guessing it won't be from San Diego, otherwise why wait to call him up?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'd say it's a toss up, compared to last time which was a sure thing. He played better, but nothing too crazy or special. So, yeah, toss up that he clears, and even less likely he sticks with the team that claims him.

More interesting about Holzer. Obviously another defenseman's coming, and I'm guessing it won't be from San Diego, otherwise why wait to call him up?

They probably only sent Holzer down temporarily so they could call up both Ritchie/Sgarbossa. If and when Wagner clears he'll be sent down and Holzer will be back.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I read Ritchie was skating with Maroon and Stewart on a line today.......

????????

EDIT: my friend said he skated with Kesler and Hagelin

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Did we ruin Ritchie yet? Or does that happen after he's played a game and been infected with loseritis, forever changing his career?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
So
Rakell Getzlaf Perry
Ritchie Kesler Hagelin
Cogs Horcoff Silf
Maroon Santo Stewart

???

once Sekac and Thompson come back what are we doing?

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Someone needs to sharpen Lindholm's skates.

Maybe that was the reason behind the success of the Beauch-Lindholm pairing. Now that he's not being reminded by somebody to sharpen them, his skating has taken a turn for the worse.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I think both Holzer and Wagner outplayed several of the players on the team.

Even though we look like crap now, I actually think we'll turn this around and barely sneak into the playoffs anyway.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
They probably only sent Holzer down temporarily so they could call up both Ritchie/Sgarbossa. If and when Wagner clears he'll be sent down and Holzer will be back.

That's what I thought too, but then I saw that rumor (before the moves) that it'd be Wagner/Friberg/Holzer going down and Ritchie/Sgarbossa going up. They also didn't have to send Holzer down to call up Ritchie and Sgarbossa, they had roster space to send just Friberg down and call them up.

But, I see the Gulls play tonight so maybe it's about getting Holzer a game in. Pretty easy thing to do.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I think they're either not worried or don't care. Last night was his 10th game since being waived IIRC, if it was a concern you'd think they would've protected him a bit better.

with the way our team is going BM is probably not caring as much about wags as he is about trying to right the ship.

DaDucks*

Did Getzlaf have any more kids in the offseason?

After watching him surge in his first game back from 10 plus days off, only to have his play fall off again, I can only deduce that he's an out of shape piece of ****.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
with the way our team is going BM is probably not caring as much about wags as he is about trying to right the ship.

Maybe, probably, but unless Thompson's being activated tomorrow (and that might very well be the case) they don't even have to send Wagner down. Roster's at 22 right now, 23 if Holzer is back up for the road trip. That's with Wagner, so waiving him and sending him down doesn't have to happen.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i would go:
maroon/ritchie-getzlaf-perry
maroon/ritchie-kesler-silf
hagelin-rakell-stewart
cogs-horcoff-santos

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I'm not speculating to exactly what our GM is doing. But his mannerisms and failure at his job are what I'd say falls in line with someone abusing a substance.

There's something wrong at the switch. I can't imagine your cup favorite team, that you are in charge of, falls hard to start the season. .. so bad that playoffs are getting to be in doubt. And little to nothing has turned around... and instead you mismanage players and fail to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad