2014 QMJHL Draft prospects

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I can't stop laughing :laugh:...you want to know about kids that could get drafted in 2014. Which are kids born 1998 so today they're either in sec. 1 or sec. 2.... yeah OK ....WHICH IS PROBABLY THE AGE A YOUR SON (13 OR 14 YRS OLD) AND YOUR SAYING HE'S GETTING OFFERS NCAA DIV 1.... ..WOW HE MUST BE THE NEXT CROSBY :shakehead......FUNNY IF IT"S THE CASE WE WOULD OF HEARD SOMETHING......BUT I FORGOT YOUR FROM WEST ISLAND EVERYTHING IS BETTER OUT THERE.....:D HOCKEY WAS INVENTED THERE..........:handclap:

...you do realize that you're a joke, and people are egging you on just to see what hilariously stupid thing you'll say next....don't you?
I personally can't wait to see your 3rd grade writing skills at work again, because of course, it is very important to you to get the last word, as that makes you right. I suggest using capslock more, that makes you more right.
Honestly though, it is kinda funny when people like yourself show up. I'm sure you'll be banned soon enough, which is a shame, it's always nice to have a little entertainment now and then.

Come on now, try your hardest on this next one!

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Guys, let's stay on topic, trolls:troll else where, we don't like you, let's keep this serious.

AmateurFan you're related to Dan Sprong ?

I just say that because he is a 97 that will likely be NHL drafted and is playing in the stated and could be already getting offers.

And you talk about west island, so I assume this is where your from.

I may be completely wrong, but this is my geuss, I understand that you may not want to comment on that. However can you PM me and tell me who's your son is ?

4th line hero

Mar 7, 2012
I will re-phrase. Who do you see as potentially being drafted into the QMJHL in 2014?

My question relates to peoples opinions today. So yes, make a judgement call based on what you know today.

As for me being vulgar - I am not as vulgar as someone projecting kids to be drafted in 2020. That is vulgar. Nor do I disrupt a thread I may not like by making sarcastic comments. The board is called - Hockey's Future.

Also, FYI - my kid will be drafted assuming he goes that route. He's already getting offers from NCAA division 1 schools. But I am not here to talk about him.

If we are talking about kids who could be drafted in 2 years time, 2 names jump out at me from NS....Balmas and Getson, both impact forwards as 1st year bantams last season.

mmfhockey

Dec 12, 2011
You do not like it when we mention West Island. You prefer laval and frantangelo? Is this your kid and is he drafted? Is this a more appealing topic for you?

And as for my kid - maybe you have heard of him? But again - I am not here to talk about him.

Sec 1 - that would they would be lates. A favourite topic of many Quebecers....

2014 Draft eligible.

There are other threads discussing 2015 NHL drafts. My thread is simpler than that...for most.

If your not there to talk about your kid or not to name him....then don't assume or mention other peoples names ......but from your comments I'm not surprised you have no class .

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Guys, let's stay on topic, trolls:troll else where, we don't like you, let's keep this serious.

AmateurFan you're related to Dan Sprong ?

I just say that because he is a 97 that will likely be NHL drafted and is playing in the stated and could be already getting offers.

And you talk about west island, so I assume this is where your from.

I may be completely wrong, but this is my geuss, I understand that you may not want to comment on that. However can you PM me and tell me who's your son is ?

My son is a friend of Sprong's. The kids played against each other - before he moved to Pennsylvania.

Last edited:

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Well Sprong is tearing up Midget Espoir, 20 points in 6 games.

Anthony Beauviller had 13 goals in as many games going into the weekend both of them will go high.

Jeremie Roy has had a solid year.

James Povall has played well so far.

QscoutNS

Apr 13, 2013
Any predictions on Brett Crossley? Since going to Shattuck-St. Mary's I see a big improvement in his game. Possible top 3 pick?

1. Mitchell Balmas- Cape Breton Major Bantam, Nova Scotia
2. Brett Crossley- Shattuck-St.Mary's, Nova Scotia
3. Keith Getson- Western Hurricanes Major Bantam, Nova Scotia

AGREED?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Any predictions on Brett Crossley? Since going to Shattuck-St. Mary's I see a big improvement in his game. Possible top 3 pick?

1. Mitchell Balmas- Cape Breton Major Bantam, Nova Scotia
2. Brett Crossley- Shattuck-St.Mary's, Nova Scotia
3. Keith Getson- Western Hurricanes Major Bantam, Nova Scotia

AGREED?

I don't like ranking players in NS before they play in Midget, so many flop (Michael Lyle once dubbed the best '95 born in Canada while playing Bantam in Dartmouth) but those are probably the top 3 to watch for next season, ye.

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
I agree Adam... hard to know what they will be until they get to Midget. That being said, there are a couple to watch in NB:

Forwards:
Sam King - very skilled player, sees the ice well and can turn a game around when he is on. Needs to work on consistancy for the next level.
Roch Theriault - small but hardworking player.
Payton Hoyt - excellent two way player.
Brock McEwan - good size and skilled
Connor O'Brien - on the smallish side but very skilled, excellent skater and vision
Malcomb Arsenault - prep school. Not sure if he is returning for Midget
Liam Frigault - needs to play tougher but has some skill

Defence:
Jarod Shipley - strong, dependable defenceman
Marcus Tesink - average size so far but has a good pedigree (youngest brother of Brad and Ryan)
Andrew Neilson - good size, good skater

Goalies:
Ethan Domokos - on the smaller side but very atheletic.
Ben Thornton - good size, normally a great first save but doesn't always battle for second or third save

QscoutNS

Apr 13, 2013
Looking for anyone to put out their top 10 2014 QMJHL Draft Rankings? Anybody have any predictions?

QscoutNS

Apr 13, 2013
As rankings after Bantam here is my order for Atlantic Canada IN ORDER:

1or2. F-Mitchell Balmas, NS
1or2. F-Brett Crossley, NS
3. F-Keith Getson, NS
4. D-Luke Green, NS
5. D-Morgan Nauss, NS
6. D-Elijah Francis, NB
7. F-Sam King, NB
8. D-Andrew Murphy, NL
9. G-Riley Pickard, NS

COMMENTS? CHANGES?

4th line hero

Mar 7, 2012
As rankings after Bantam here is my order for Atlantic Canada IN ORDER:

1or2. F-Mitchell Balmas, NS
1or2. F-Brett Crossley, NS
3. F-Keith Getson, NS
4. D-Luke Green, NS
5. D-Morgan Nauss, NS
6. D-Elijah Francis, NB
7. F-Sam King, NB
8. D-Andrew Murphy, NL
9. G-Riley Pickard, NS

COMMENTS? CHANGES?

Keep an eye out for Fitzpatrick, G who is from NL but played bantam in NS, Hickey-F, NS, and M.Green-F, NS (Luke's twin brother)... we'll see who adjusts better to Midget hockey too

4th line hero

Mar 7, 2012
Keep an eye out for Fitzpatrick, G who is from NL but played bantam in NS, Hickey-F, NS, and M.Green-F, NS (Luke's twin brother)... we'll see who adjusts better to Midget hockey too

Sorry, forgot another... Sartoris-D, NS...he's got some good potential

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I agree Adam... hard to know what they will be until they get to Midget. That being said, there are a couple to watch in NB:

Forwards:
Sam King - very skilled player, sees the ice well and can turn a game around when he is on. Needs to work on consistancy for the next level.
Connor O'Brien - on the smallish side but very skilled, excellent skater and vision

Defence:
Marcus Tesink - average size so far but has a good pedigree (youngest brother of Brad and Ryan)

Goalies:
Ben Thornton - good size, normally a great first save but doesn't always battle for second or third save

Add to that list Ryan Kenny who is a 1998 BD who played major midget at 14 for Miramichi....good size too.

http://nbpeimmhl.stats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=6356001&seasonid=9707

QscoutNS

Apr 13, 2013
Between Balmas, Getson, Crossley and Green, what would be the order that they go in?

Canada4Gold1

Oct 6, 2012
Add to that list Ryan Kenny who is a 1998 BD who played major midget at 14 for Miramichi....good size too.

http://nbpeimmhl.stats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=6356001&seasonid=9707

He has size but his skating isn't at a level to be drafted. Not sure how you guys missed Plourde from Miramichi and Leblanc from Fredericton. I will point out that I found both weren't ready for Midget Major in my opinion but they would have been tops in Bantam AAA this year.

I would place Pierre-Luc Lurette as a top defence from NB as well. He played for the Northern Blackhawks this year and was by far the best player on that team. Also, he played around 15 games with Midget Major Rivermen in regular season and playoffs. Reminds me of Myers a little bit with his size, hard shot, and puck handling skills. Rivermen will return only 2 defence from this year's team (Warman and Robichaud) so he'll probably be on the top defensive pair next year.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
He has size but his skating isn't at a level to be drafted. Not sure how you guys missed Plourde from Miramichi and Leblanc from Fredericton. I will point out that I found both weren't ready for Midget Major in my opinion but they would have been tops in Bantam AAA this year.

I would place Pierre-Luc Lurette as a top defence from NB as well. He played for the Northern Blackhawks this year and was by far the best player on that team. Also, he played around 15 games with Midget Major Rivermen in regular season and playoffs. Reminds me of Myers a little bit with his size, hard shot, and puck handling skills. Rivermen will return only 2 defence from this year's team (Warman and Robichaud) so he'll probably be on the top defensive pair next year.

IMO Robichaud will play junior major next season.

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004

Forwards:

Defence:

Goalies:

Good list, here are a few more names (from NB Bantam AAA) to consider.

Goalie:

Philipe Belanger - focused, technically sound, good size

Forwards:

Bailey Feltmate - big, heavy hitter, two way player
Gabriel LeBlanc - speed to burn, good shot

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004

I agree with your comment about both not being ready for Midget AAA this past year. However Ploudre did return to Bantam AAA towards the end of the season, not sure the number of games he played in though. I saw him twice in his return, two things stuck with me. (1) looked tall and skinny BUT deceptively strong and (2) looked disinterested, maybe because he had come back to Bantam?

Also I can see Lurette play Midget next season, just not sure of situation in Miramichi enough to predict a specific situation, but he'll be there for sure I believe.

QscoutNS

Apr 13, 2013
Good list, here are a few more names (from NB Bantam AAA) to consider.

Goalie:

Philipe Belanger - focused, technically sound, good size

Forwards:

Bailey Feltmate - big, heavy hitter, two way player
Gabriel LeBlanc - speed to burn, good shot

HERE IS WHAT I PREDICT AS FIRST ROUND! even if it is early, i would like to know everyone's first round selections

1. Mitchell Balmas- F – NS
2. Brett Crossley- F – NS
3. Keith Getson- F – NS
4. Samuel Girard- D – PQ
5. Luke Green- D – NS
6. Michael Campoli- D- PQ
7. Elijah Francis- D – NB
8. Hunter Moreau- F - PQ
9. Morgan Nauss – D – NS
10. Pierre-Luc Lurette- D – NB
11. Matt Green- F – NS
12. Evan Fitzpatrick- G – NS