2014 Playoff Avatar Thread

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
This thread is to discuss ideas for forum-wide playoff avatars for the Blues, and then hopefully eventually to post them. (I say hopefully because I'm not one of the people with any skill to do these....and hopefully a couple folks will step forward).

Last year's Breaking Bad were fairly awesome, and the year before that "Trap Fiction".

Ideas that were already mentioned:
-Archer
-Parks and Recreation (Ron Swanson pyramid already has seen some use)
-St Louis high schools

Anyone else have any notions?

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I like the Archer idea. As for the STL high schools I'm not really a fan, nobody other than us would understand them

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Mentioned it in the other thread, but something to play off of a reunion with all the former Stars and Sabres.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
This thread is to discuss ideas for forum-wide playoff avatars for the Blues, and then hopefully eventually to post them. (I say hopefully because I'm not one of the people with any skill to do these....and hopefully a couple folks will step forward).

Last year's Breaking Bad were fairly awesome, and the year before that "Trap Fiction".

Ideas that were already mentioned:
-Archer
-Parks and Recreation (Ron Swanson pyramid already has seen some use)
-St Louis high schools

Anyone else have any notions?

How about Frank & Claire Underwood "We will crush you, and everyone you've ever known" avatars.

image.png

Last edited:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
That's part of the beauty.

Yeah but I know nothing about them either, if everyone decides to go with STL school avs, can you folks provide a brief rep (like this school had the rep of being stuck up, or most of the rich went here) for each school so those of us who don't know anything about them can at least pick one that suits us?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If anyone creates one, post it in this thread. Even if it's not selected, someone might want it. I'm currently rocking an avatar that someone(sorry, can't remember who it was) created in the early stages of last season's playoff avatar thread.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
I am so on board with House of Cards avatars. But I'm not a huge fan of what the title could imply with respect to the Blues success. And it sorta kinda makes more sense for the Cardinals as an all too obvious play on words.

Archer and Parks are both pretty straightforward with a lot of quippy one-liners that could be added to the avatars.

Not a big fan of the high school avatars, but it is a humorous inside joke for those of us from this area.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
For the love of all that is holy, can we please not do STL high schools. Going to Missouri State and not being from STL, I can tell you pretty much everyone despises the STL high school talk.

I do love the idea of a play off of the House of Cards show.

****SPOILER ALERT if you haven't watched all of House of Cards******

Instead of convincing the Prez to step down, we convinced Buffalo to hand over the goods. I think a "House of Hitch" could be cool or something like that.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
If anyone creates one, post it in this thread. Even if it's not selected, someone might want it. I'm currently rocking an avatar that someone(sorry, can't remember who it was) created in the early stages of last season's playoff avatar thread.

That was me. I got busy right after doing the first round of them, didn't continue, and the board in general went with the Breaking Bad theme, which I love, so I was all for that.

Personally, I like general themes more than something so specific. I'm currently working on a playoff beard theme. Going to work on interweaving a bluenote into some beards. Not that I think that should be a fandom-wide theme for us, but that's what struck me a few days ago.

If I were going to suggest something that I think would catch on and has room for everyone to stretch their creative legs, I'd say Westerns. It's the gritty Wild West, after all.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
That was me. I got busy right after doing the first round of them, didn't continue, and the board in general went with the Breaking Bad theme, which I love, so I was all for that.

Personally, I like general themes more than something so specific. I'm currently working on a playoff beard theme. Going to work on interweaving a bluenote into some beards. Not that I think that should be a fandom-wide theme for us, but that's what struck me a few days ago.

If I were going to suggest something that I think would catch on and has room for everyone to stretch their creative legs, I'd say Westerns. It's the gritty Wild West, after all.

With Backes as our Sheriff and Steener and Jackman as his deputies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Anything but Archer, was never a good idea.

Edit: Westerns is a good idea.

Breaking Bad was cool last season but can we not just do TV shows all the time? Would get boring quickly.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I 2nd the Hitchcock pyramid of greatness idea.

Either that or somebody with talent can photoshop J-bo punching our opponents :sarcasm:

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Mentioned it in the other thread, but something to play off of a reunion with all the former Stars and Sabres.

We can be the St. Louis Stabres. Have a sword stabbing a star under the arch?

Maybe go with the theme of: Blues Overpayments!

Have a photo of Miller, JBo, Ott with the headline of Blues Overpaid, then the next pic is a Cup that says "Worth It"

Or pictures of non Canadian Olympians, with the tag. No Gold Medal? , we were saving it for the playoffs! And Petro and JBo can both say We won Gold, Now we want the Cup

Or TJ Oshie, I may not be an American Hero, but I'm going to be a Blues legend.

Just throwing stuff at the wall here. Btw I'm terrible at photoshop, so someone else would need to own it.

Last edited:

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Give me an idea and I can help photoshop it. Just don't really have any good ideas right now.

I do think parks and rec has some good lines that could make for good avatars but I'm sure we can come up with something else if that's not too popular.

Wouldn't be against something simple and recognizably ours. Like just a player picture similar to team Canada avatars from the Olympics but blues themed.

We could use the pyramid and zoom in on certain phrases, but that's not as blues themed unless we put a blue filter on it. Guess I'll start thinking of some more ideas if I can. Maybe someone's idea will stick and we can get rolling on them.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
We can be the St. Louis Stabres. Have a sword stabbing a star under the arch?

Maybe go with the theme of: Blues Overpayments!

Have a photo of Miller, JBo, Ott with the headline of Blues Overpaid, then the next pic is a Cup that says "Worth It"

Or pictures of non Canadian Olympians, with the tag. No Gold Medal? , we were saving it for the playoffs! And Petro and JBo can both say We won Gold, Now we want the Cup

Or TJ Oshie, I may not be an American Hero, but I'm going to be a Blues legend.

Just throwing stuff at the wall here. Btw I'm terrible at photoshop, so someone else would need to own it.

maybe instead of the cup it should be, "we won gold, but now we want silver" and then show a pic of the cup. nifty little play on words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad