2014 Kings vs. 2024 Panthers

Result of a series between the 2014 Kings and 2024 Panthers?

• Kings in 4

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Kings in 5

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Kings in 6

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Kings in 7

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
No dude the 2014 Bruins were the best in the league that year :sarcasm: Ignore that they lost in the second round. I can’t believe @dgibb10 actually said that.

The 3 game 7’s isn’t a positive or negative to me really. Just happenstance. They went through murderer’s row in the Pacific, then had the unofficial Stanley Cup matchup against the Hawks, then had to play the best Rangers team Lundqvist was a part of.
They lost in 7 to a team that goalied them. It happens.

How can you say SJS and Anaheim were better than boston when they lost in round 1 and 2 as well as being significantly worse in the regular season.

Raccoon Jesus

We were right there
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kopitar a notch better than Barkov? :D :D I see it the other way around.

I think it's definitely debatable. Different eras. But I do think a whole lot of people around here have already forgotten prime Kopitar.

Alright and then when you go to Reinhart and Matthew Tkachuk who do the kings have to match there? Jeff Carter or Justin Williams???? Mike Richards?? Gaborik?? lmao

I mean, yes?

a two-way 40 goal scoring C that the Hawks couldn't contain or the Conn Smythe winning Mr. Game 7 or the legendary intangibles guy or the deadline pickup who found instant chemistry with Kopitar and scored 14 playoff goals?

DId you think that was an insult? Or were you just not watching hockey yet in 2014?

yeah I think i'll take Carter with Reinhart and while Tkachuk is unique so is Justin Williams, Mike Richards.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think it's definitely debatable. Different eras. But I do think a whole lot of people around here have already forgotten prime Kopitar.

I mean, yes?

a two-way 40 goal scoring C that the Hawks couldn't contain or the Conn Smythe winning Mr. Game 7 or the legendary intangibles guy or the deadline pickup who found instant chemistry with Kopitar and scored 14 playoff goals?

DId you think that was an insult? Or were you just not watching hockey yet in 2014?

yeah I think i'll take Carter with Reinhart and while Tkachuk is unique so is Justin Williams, Mike Richards.
Lmao Carter Richards and Williams COMBINED that season for 47 goals. Reinhart had 57 on his own.

The 23-24 florida team was better in the regular season and better in the playoffs. Nostalgia blinds you.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Thats Kings team was so resilient, just never went away. Kings in 7 since they loved finishing series in 7 games that year.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Lmao Carter Richards and Williams COMBINED that season for 47 goals. Reinhart had 57 on his own.

The 23-24 florida team was better in the regular season and better in the playoffs. Nostalgia blinds you.
I’d bet you didn’t watch more than a period of that playoff run if this is the conclusion you’re coming to.

You can’t just look at the stat sheet. It’s also why you’d incorrectly think the 2013-14 Bruins were Cup contenders that year.

Raccoon Jesus

We were right there
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Buddy

2014 playoffs
Jeff Carter: 10g, 25p, +5 in 26 games

2024 playoffs
Reinhart: 10g, 16p, -2 in 24 games

And that's BEFORE you add Justin Williams' Conn Smythe performance

Thread title is "result of a series" not "who had the more impressive regular season in those specific years"

So yep, someone is certainly blind, but it aint me

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
That Kings run seemed like one of the most dominant cup wins I witnessed in my life.

Mind you it was 2014 reffing.

If it was 2024 reffing Panthers might be able to take one more game.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
It's just two different flavors of shit the Kings had to eat, really. They won in a dominant fashion and got clowned repeatedly for it until they won again.

after 2012--lol lucky team, cream puff brackets
2013--see they were a fluke, lost in WCF to Hawks who were the Champ
2014--3 games 7s? lucky team

The Kings were the only team stopping the hawks from winning 3 or 4 in a row so they should be seen in a more positive light than the f***in pinata they get treated like on this forum for simply not being a president's trophy winner and playing grind-you-to-paste hockey instead of harlem globetrotters offense

I always think it's funny when a team runs their way through the playoffs and instead of everyone recognizing the team for dominance (like the Kings), there's a select few that say they had easy competition. 2012 Kings were dominant!

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

Barkov until age 29

737gp 266g 445a 711p +122 2 selke`s

Kopitar until age 29

764gp 243g 441a 684p +79 1 selke

Kopitar also had a better team around him to start his career. Barkov has had a decent/good team around him for the last 4-5yrs now.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I’d bet you didn’t watch more than a period of that playoff run if this is the conclusion you’re coming to.

You can’t just look at the stat sheet. It’s also why you’d incorrectly think the 2013-14 Bruins were Cup contenders that year.
The Bruins were the best team by far in the regular season who dominated round 1 and then got goalied in 7 games by a guy who, in terms of peak level, is arguably the best goalie the NHL has seen in like 15 years.

You can't say they weren't contenders while saying the Sharks and Ducks were.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Buddy

2014 playoffs
Jeff Carter: 10g, 25p, +5 in 26 games

2024 playoffs
Reinhart: 10g, 16p, -2 in 24 games

And that's BEFORE you add Justin Williams' Conn Smythe performance

Thread title is "result of a series" not "who had the more impressive regular season in those specific years"

So yep, someone is certainly blind, but it aint me
The panthers were more impressive in the playoffs too.

They dominated games and shot share. They ran into BOTH of the best goalies in hockey playing at their peak level and won because they were dominating play just that much.

Niemi doesn't shit the bed and we're talking about a team that goes home in 4 games of round 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad