Prospect Info: 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #9

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's time for round 9!

Don't forget to suggest a player to add to the poll:

1. Nathan Beaulieu, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (75.77% of the vote).
2. Jarred Tinordi, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (55.33% of the vote).
3. Jacob De La Rose, C/LW/RW Leksands. (47.13% of the vote).
4. Nikita Scherbak, Right Wing, Saskatoon Blades. (65.75% of the vote).
5. Sven Andrighetto, Right Wing, Hamilton Bulldogs. (28.87% of the vote).
6. Zachary Fucale, Goaltender, Halifax Mooseheads. (32.76% of the vote).
7. Mike McCarron, Right Wing, London Knights. (23.08% of the vote).
8. Arturri Lehkonen, Left Wing, Frolunda. (29.41% of the vote).

I've added Patrick Holland, C, Hamilton Bulldogs to the poll.

Gabriel Dumont, C, Hamilton Bulldogs.
Mike Condon, G, Wheeling Nailers.
Joonas Nattinen, C, MODO Hockey.
Stefan Fournier, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs.
Colin Sullivan, D, Green Bay Gamblers.
Peter Delmas, G, Gwinnett Gladiators.
Maxim Trunev, RW, Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk.
Mike Cichy, C, Western Michigan.
Jake Evans, C, Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
Jack Nevins, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs.
Nikolas Koberstein, D, Olds Grizzlys.
Hayden Hawkey, G, Omaha Lancers.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Nygren, add Hawkey.

Bennett and Sekac are next for me. Probably Sekac first since he's fighting for a roster spot this season.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Nygren, add Hawkey.

Bennett and Sekac are next for me. Probably Sekac first since he's fighting for a roster spot this season.

I'm going Sekac, Reway then Bennett. Reway demolished the WJC, has a boat load of talent and it's a matter of getting his attitude and maturation down.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
I'm going Sekac, Reway then Bennett. Reway demolished the WJC, has a boat load of talent and it's a matter of getting his attitude and maturation down.

The last part of your post is probably why I'm hesitat in putting him above a guy like Pateryn, who I see as a sure thing in terms of being a bottom pairing NHLer. (so Sekac, Bennett, Pateryn, Reway are my next 4)

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Tough one...

I feel Hudon and Thomas are under-appreciated. Not that they should be higher, but I figured they'd get more votes these past 3-4 rounds. I think all these prospects, starting at position 5, are all interchangeable. I'll add to that list Pateryn, Nygren, Reway and Sekac. They're all pretty even in my book. I'm fine with Andrighetto being ahead of all of them given his performance at a higher stage though.

I think Bennett will be near the top of that list near the end of the year. He'll do great in Hamilton in my opinion. He'll definitely turn some heads.

With all that said, I went with Pateryn. He's NHL ready, has a great package for a defensive defenseman and will get his time with the big club this year (could be the year he sticks with the big club for good).

Add Hawkey.

Last edited:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Tough one...

I feel Hudon and Thomas are under-appreciated. Not that they should be higher, but I figured they'd get more votes these past 3-4 rounds. I think all these prospects, starting at position 4, are all interchangeable. I'll add to that list Pateryn, Nygren, Reway and Sekac. They're all pretty even in my book. I'm fine with Andrighetto being ahead of all of them given his performance at a higher stage though.

Add Hawkey.

After watching Thomas several times last season, I wouldn't put him in my top 20.....

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We have too much depth and not enough quality. We should start moving some kids I think. Thomas will not pan out with the team but I'm sure he's still worth a pick. Kinda like Leblanc, but instead of waiting until he has no value we trade him when we know we don't need him.

Voted Nygren.... Again. Add that Evans

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
My top 25:

1-Nathan Beaulieu
2-Jacob De La Rose
3-Jarred Tinordi
4-Nikita Scherbak
5-Mike McCarron
6-Zach Fucale
7-Magnus Nygren
8-Sven Andrighetto
9-Arturri Lekhonen
10-Greg Pateryn
11-Dustin Tokarski
12-Jiri Sekac
13-Charles Hudon
14-Mac Bennett
15-Jeremy Gregoire
16-Martin Reway
17-Tim Bozon
18-Connor Crisp
19-Darren Dietz
20-Josiah Didier
21-Christian Thomas
22-Brett Lernout
23-Dalton Thrower
24-Morgan Ellis
25-Mark McMillan

HM: Jack Nevins

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Interested in what happens to Bozon... I liked the player a lot. Wish him the best and really hope he can build on that. Do we have news on him?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Reway all the way.

10 points in 5 games at the world juniors, 15 points in 9 playoff games in the Q, as well as a strong 62 pts in 42 regular season games, and a fantastic first camp with the Habs last summer.

I see more in him than Nygren. I know nothing about Sekac, so I refuse to rank him. (i give him a grade of "to be determined"). I will rank him after training camp this september.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This is where I go Tokarski till he's in.
Add Dumont.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Reway all the way.

10 points in 5 games at the world juniors, 15 points in 9 playoff games in the Q, as well as a strong 62 pts in 42 regular season games, and a fantastic first camp with the Habs last summer.

I see more in him than Nygren. I know nothing about Sekac, so I refuse to rank him. (i give him a grade of "to be determined"). I will rank him after training camp this september.

He's also 5'8 and is a headcase.
Skillwise, he'd probably already be in.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
would be fun to make those rankings again after the pre season once we ve seen couple of them playing.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
My top 25:

1.)Nathan Beaulieu
2.)Jarred Tinordi
3.)Nikita Scherbak
4.)Jacob De La Rose
5.)Artturi Lehkonen
6.)Sven Andrighetto
7.)Jiri Sekac
8.)Magnus Nygren
9.)Zachary Fucale
10.)Martin Reway
11.)Michael McCarron
12.)Greg Pateryn
13.)Mac Bennett
14.)Jeremy Gregoire
15.)Connor Crisp
16.)Charles Hudon
17.)Tim Bozon
18.)Brett Lernout
19.)Daniel Audette
20.)Daniel Carr
21.)Hayden Hawkey
22.)Christian Thomas
23.)Darren Deitz
24.)Mark MacMillan
25.)Jake Evans

I didn't include Tokarski because IMO he's too old to be considered a prospect in my books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad