2014 Exit Meetings: On to the Off-season

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Is anyone worried we won't suck hard enough next year to have a shot at drafting Connor McDavid at the BB&T Center in 2015?

zT2BViI.gif

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
So much mixed feelings about Jovo, he's one of my all time favorite panthers, i couldnt watch much Panthers back when he played (swedish tv broadcast like 5 NHL games/week back then (so it was just like 5 games/season), but he was great in the ea games and became a personal favorite (together with andrei lomakin even thou he sucked irl) he also gave us Bure or was a part of that trade. But its clear he's not what he once was so its time to part ways on the ice, but i would love to see him as a part of the organisation, and i would actually love to see them retire #55, he was a great guy for this franchise and we should honour him.

About the rest am I the only one that reacted at this?
@hfialkov: Tallon said he will add two experienced NHL defensemen at the draft. #FlaPanthers

Is that a typo or does he plan to trade our first?

It really has nothing to do with our first pick. The UFA class is pretty crappy this year so Tallon will be wheeling and dealing at the draft. Expect some big trades.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Is anyone worried we won't suck hard enough next year to have a shot at drafting Connor McDavid at the BB&T Center in 2015?

Why would you want another terrible losing season? Is that REALLY want you want? Even if we sucked bad enough to get McDavid, there is the lotto.
No offense but you must be crazy to wish for a losing season next year.

Last edited:

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
GMDT made it sound like Santos was let go because Santos was really pissed about them rushing the young kids, anyone else got the feeling that Mike Santos actually left becuase he refused to be a part of rushing talent?

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reassigned:

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers send Drew Shore, Vincent Trocheck and Quinton Howden back to AHL San Antonio. Colby Robak on waivers to go to SA

First a question, what happens if anyone claims him? Its after deadline.

Second if he can be claimed, doesnt that pretty much seals the deal if they risk him being claimed. Doesnt that pretty much tells us he wont be resigned sinc ethey wouldnt risk it if they planned to keep him.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
First a question, what happens if anyone claims him? Its after deadline.

Second if he can be claimed, doesnt that pretty much seals the deal if they risk him being claimed. Doesnt that pretty much tells us he wont be resigned sinc ethey wouldnt risk it if they planned to keep him.

He still has another year on his contract until he becomes a RFA.

I'm a little surprised they put him on waivers.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
ohh my bad thought this was the last season on his contract, but still what happens if anyone claims him? since yeah its after deadline.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC not even waived players picked up after the trade deadline aren't allowed to play for the new team in the playoffs.

The extra year will scare teams away, and Robak isn't a high end prospect worth claiming especially on a 1-way deal next season.

rockit2112

Jul 8, 2013
Like others have said, this wasn't just a moment for Tallon to say whatever he wanted; he was asked questions and he answered them. Questions were asked about Draisaitl (who I don't think we have any intention of drafting), Reinhart, and Bennett, but not Ekblad. I wouldn't read into that very much.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
GMDT made it sound like Santos was let go because Santos was really pissed about them rushing the young kids, anyone else got the feeling that Mike Santos actually left becuase he refused to be a part of rushing talent?

Santos was right. And Dale flat out admitted he rushed most of our prospects thus far. He let Santos go so he didn't have to deal with his attitude of "patience" with the youth. Thing is, Dale knows he needs and wants results like he had in Chicago, but fact is, he doesn't have the luxury of Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook this time. Toews and Kane were Dale's security blanket. They were strong enough and talented enough to take the team over when Kane was just 18 and Toews was 20. Dale hasn't drafted anyone that talented here. The closest player to them is Barkov, imo. But, still right now, he's a level below Kane/Toews were at that age. Santos wants to do it the right way, but Tallon wanted to find out if he had a Kane/Toews/Keith/Seabrook in Bjugstad/Barkov/Huberdeau/Gudbranson/Kulikov. Well, he has come to the reality that he doesn't, so now he made his blockbuster deal to sure up our goaltending for at least 3 to 4 years (hopefully). This summer, the "blueprint" is going to be renamed the "quick fix" campaign.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Santos was right. And Dale flat out admitted he rushed most of our prospects thus far. He let Santos go so he didn't have to deal with his attitude of "patience" with the youth. Thing is, Dale knows he needs and wants results like he had in Chicago, but fact is, he doesn't have the luxury of Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook this time. Toews and Kane were Dale's security blanket. They were strong enough and talented enough to take the team over when Kane was just 18 and Toews was 20. Dale hasn't drafted anyone that talented here. The closest player to them is Barkov, imo. But, still right now, he's a level below Kane/Toews were at that age. Santos wants to do it the right way, but Tallon wanted to find out if he had a Kane/Toews/Keith/Seabrook in Bjugstad/Barkov/Huberdeau/Gudbranson/Kulikov. Well, he has come to the reality that he doesn't, so now he made his blockbuster deal to sure up our goaltending for at least 3 to 4 years (hopefully). This summer, the "blueprint" is going to be renamed the "quick fix" campaign.

Dale rushed players because he really didn't have a choice, or they had nothing left to accomplish in juniors.

Huberdeau won the Calder and what more did he have to prove in juniors, we sent him down for the first year.

Gudbranson had nothing left to accomplish in juniors, he was dominating everyone with his size and although he could have used a year in the AHL the rules say he couldn't play there.

Bjugstad played 3 years in college and he was one of the best forwards this year, leading our team in points.

Barkov likely would have led us in points had he not been injured and everyone said he was NHL ready after the draft.

Kulikov was rushed, but not by Tallon.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees

its not a quick fix if he actually signs top end talents like moulson, vanek, iginla, to name a few.

Chicago doesnt win a stanley cup without sharp (not tallon's trade, i know) and hossa. Its time for our sharp and hossa. At least to make us competitive.

Quick fixes are guys like boyes, fleischman, kopecky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad