2014-15 Training Camp Discussion Part 3 (Dumont & Drewiske on waivers 02/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Thomas can't get the puck through traffic, handle it, or keep a forecheck active by winning puck battles. His speed isn't any better than Sekac's, and his defensive game isn't on par. He's also much less talented.

I agree with most of this. Thomas in real NHL games in the past really struggles to get anywhere with the bigger bodies and struggles to do anything productive because of it.

The part I'm not sure about is the part I bolded. The kid is as pure a sniper as has come through the OHL in recent years and has a LOT more skill than many give him credit for.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I loved what I've seen from Thomas in this pre season, but no way I'd keep him over Sekac. Sekac is bigger and stronger with the puck, has more skills and patience which is key. Thomas has the speed but Sekac isn't the slowest out there. Nice to have depth problems for a change here

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Marc Antoine Godin @MAGodin · 2 min il y a 2 minutes
Les duos à l'entraînement du CH: Subban-Emelin, Beaulieu-Weaver, Markov-Gilbert, Tinordi-Dietz et Bouillon.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I loved what I've seen from Thomas in this pre season, but no way I'd keep him over Sekac. Sekac is bigger and stronger with the puck, has more skills and patience which is key. Thomas has the speed but Sekac isn't the slowest out there. Nice to have depth problems for a change here

I guarantee you this isn't even remotely close to being a problem in 29 other cities... :shakehead

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
To be fair, Sekac was playing with a rookie team against a Stanley Cup contender. He would play a lot better surrounded with Plekanec and another veteran. And considering, to me he did quite well.

Goes without saying though. Put any rookie with vets and he'll be better. See Sekac when playing with Plekanec. He looked good. I like Sekac a lot and thought he was the best prospect out there especially in terms of puck possession along the boards and finding open ice. Last night though he was pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad