Injury Report: 2014-15 Injury Thread (Off-season repairs)

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

Strachan looks ready to go. Benoit rotating in defense pairings. Other D-men: Gorges, Meszaros, Myers, Ristolainen, Zadorov. #OTTvsBUF

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Looking at the thread title, we got all the wrong guys injured right now in terms of the tank.... #Buffaluck

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Even if Weber is back, is he in the top 6?

Which of Benoit or Meszaros would you play ahead of Weber?

He is most definitely still top 6. Though one has to wonder if they'll play "cautious" with him (and other injured guys) so as to try and not improve the team too much for too many games.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Any update on Myers or Gionta? I presume Moulson/Kaleta should be back soon (hopefully), otherwise Rochester won't have a team in a few days.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Any update on Myers or Gionta? I presume Moulson/Kaleta should be back soon (hopefully), otherwise Rochester won't have a team in a few days.

I figure at least Armia will be up for Detroit. Maybe even D'Amigo or Dalpe depending on Kaleta/Moulson. I figure no way Gionta goes tomorrow.

The way I see it, we'll go with a Buffchester lineup for Tuesday and then let everyone get well for Saturday...............unless it's the mumps. In which case......we're going to be Buffchester for a while.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BNHarrington - Nolan said Foligno out for a while...sounds like broken hand...said not shoulder problem. Gionta feeling shaky, status unknown.

@BillHoppeNHL - Ted Nolan tells reporters - Marcus Foligno is out for "a while." Sounds like he hurt his hand/finger in the fight. #Sabres

@BillHoppeNHL - Foligno Out For A While With Hand Injury-10 Players Injuried Or Sick-Joel Armia Coming Up? -
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sa...arent-hand-injury-10-players-injured-or-sick/

LaxSabre - According to the Nolan, he injuried his hand while throwing punches during the fight -
“One of those freak accidents that happen when you play,” Nolan said. “You’re throwing punches at helmets, so your hands are out there.”

@BNHarrington - Armia may get the call for Detroit. Wasn't candidate tonight because of 3 games/3 nights. Said Nolan - "It's not 3 in 3 now." #Sabres

@BNHarrington - Nolan says Neuvirth was going to play goal tonight but was sick. Enroth got the call at 5:00 pm ET. #Sabres
(LaxSabre - if hes healthy - he should be the starting goalie at Detroit on Tuesday.)

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Nolan in his interview this morning said Gionta is day-to-day but could turn out to be a little longer. Upper body but not under concussion protocol. Maybe he hurt his neck, hurt his shoulder on the landing, got bruised badly? I dunno but it sounds like a best case scenario.

Myers is week-to-week. Foligno obviously has a broken hand based on the very long timetable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad