2014-15 Avatar Thread

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
If we are going with the car theme, then I'd like Val to be a Marussia B2. You know, up-and-coming, young, Russian, (super)beast!

attachment.php

These look okay, but I think it's probably better if I replace
"Fast and the Furious" with "Dallas Stars"

Last edited:

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm not loving the quality drop required to get the size down, but after view a bunch of other threads, it appears that's just what happens.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'd say do it in the Fast and the Furious font.

Then maybe have a caption in front of the player picture that makes it seem like the player's name is the car model name. So like the Toyota Dillon. :laugh:

I like the template you've come up with.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
I'd say do it in the Fast and the Furious font.

Then maybe have a caption in front of the player picture that makes it seem like the player's name is the car model name. So like the Toyota Dillon. :laugh:

I like the template you've come up with.

Thanks. The issue I'm having at the moment is size. The caption makes a lot of sense, for sure, but after reduction, I'm having a lot of trouble getting the files under the limit. I'm being sort of liberal with the image files.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
You only have 2 frames in the gif, right? You shouldn't be having file size issues. Drop the color palette down to 128 from 256. You won't notice much difference and it's better than just lowering the quality.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
You only have 2 frames in the gif, right? You shouldn't be having file size issues. Drop the color palette down to 128 from 256. You won't notice much difference and it's better than just lowering the quality.

Here's Spezza. I think the f up is on the photoshop end. I think reducing some of these large images is wasting a lot of space. I think I figured out a work around.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I wouldn't compromise by making it less than 125x125, that's too small.

After the game I might work on a template for you.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Here's an example.

fast_stars2.gif

Was able to keep it at 256 colors, 0 lossy and > 20kb. Make sure you're creating a blank layer behind a resized source image and then merging down after you've gotten it smaller. Don't try to save right after you've free transformed the scale down.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX

That certainly did the trick. The gifs are quite a bit smaller. I got a request for a Benn Viper, and I will make one, but that Porsche is just too darn sexy. Roussel is a Renault, because the only other good French car is the Bugati Veyron, which we can't use because it's Roussel, not Jesus.

Also, I know someone requested Spezza be an Aston Martin, and I tried that, but I would be remiss not to make the Italian-Canadian an Italian car, so I tried the Ferrari 458 Italia. Looks like someone wanted Marshall Sequin, so I made him a Subaru because they do the pet commercials. I gave Hemsky the R8 because we couldn't go without an R8.

Went with McClaren for Sequin. Newer, younger car company with amazingly fast cars.

RipeKindBilby.gif
DevotedUnhappyAsp.gif
ContentBabyishGodwit.gif
LoathsomeSplendidAchillestang.gif
MeekAlarmingImperatorangel.gif
PessimisticWarmheartedFurseal.gif

LightheartedSpecificAmericancrocodile.gif

Last edited:

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
RESERVED AVATARS

Jordie Benn - Starry Knight VW GTI
Erik Cole -
Kevin Connauton -
Trevor Daley - LoneStarHockey Lotus Elise

Cody Eakin - Ambassador Of Fun Honda S2000
Patrick Eaves -
Vernon Fiddler - starshockeyfan56 Acura NSX
Ryan Garbutt - Satan Lightning McQueen
Alex Goligoski -
Sergei Gonchar - Rusted Out vehicle
Julius Honka - SolidusAKA BMW i8
John Klingberg - TestGrave Koenisegg Agera R
Kari Lehtonen - Modo Range Rover
Anders Lindback -
Curtis McKenzie - mc3488 Toyota FT-1
Patrik Nemeth - Klockis Volvo S60
Valeri Nichushkin - Jorkkila Marussia B2
Jim Nill - oconnor9sean BMW M1
Rich Peverly - PezRadar Ford Mustang
Daryl Reaugh -
Brett Ritchie - Shady12 Subaru WRX STI
Lindy Ruff - FrailSwan Acura NSX (1st gen)
Colton Sceviour - brinkmanjs BMW 335i
Tyler Seguin #1 - Stars99Lobo37 McClaren P1
Tyler Seguin #2 - starsfan24 Mercedes SLS AMG Coupe Black Series
Dmitry Sinitsyn - LatvianTwist Mazda Miata (I hate this car, I'm open to suggestions)
Ralph Strangis -

Jason Dickinson - Ogi1Kenobi
Klingberg & Glennie - Hull Fan
Mark Stepneski - Dr GLU
Walter White - SonicSpeedDash

So I'm done with these for now. If you have an avatar reserved and you want me to try a specific car, I certainly will do so when I get the chance. I made my suggestions in bold.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Am I blind and just missing Roussel on that list, also thanks for the hard work

Nevermind I see what you were doing there, oops

I'm glad you like them! I'll probably be able to create a couple of more tonight.

So there's a Sequin #1 and Sequin #2. Does anyone know what makes these two different? Is there a specific pose for each of these?

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
How about a Ford Raptor(originally designed for rally racing I believe) for Ritchie? Big and strong but capable of strong performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad