2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Where's Hill projected to go?

Too early for that,by the time the Combine is done and then team combines,he should be a high 2nd or late 1st round IMO.I hope the Habs draft this guy,he's driven to succeed.:nod:If the Habs have two low 2nd round picks Diaby and Hill would be great along with Carrier,Poirier and Moutrey with their last 2nd and two 3rd rounders.This would add some real size to the lineup and talent to go with our smaller players.

Last edited:

Halifaxhab*

Too early for that,by the time the Combine is done and then team combines,he should be a high 2nd or late 1st round IMO.I hope the Habs draft this guy,he's driven to succeed.:nod:If the Habs have two low 2nd round picks Diaby and Hill would be great along with Carrier,Poirier and Moutrey with their last 2nd and two 3rd rounders.This would add some real size to the lineup and talent to go with our smaller players.

According to some lists Hill is slated a late 1st / early 2nd pick. I would love to see Hill in a Habs uni. He's a project, but the kid has a serious edge to his game and plays with the mentality of a lacross player, which I hear he is very good at as well. With his soze and edge, this is a kid that could put some fear into Chara.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Can someone give me a comparison of Cam Fowler and Seth Jones; talent wise, junior style of play wise, etc. I remember Fowler being a very high prospect for the 2010 draft and he fell to the Ducks because of team preferences. In terms of production, Fowler did better than Jones on every level except for the WJC.

Jones is bigger and way better defensively. He'll be a force at both ends. Fowler projects more as an offensive d-man.

Halifaxhab*

Hill shouldn't be drafted before the 3rd in my books. Very longshot.

maybe. but I can't see why we couldn't take a chance on him with our last of three 2nd rd picks. We still have two more in the 3rd to snag some sliders.

man, it's nice to say that when we have so many picks early on in this deep draft.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Can someone give me a comparison of Cam Fowler and Seth Jones; talent wise, junior style of play wise, etc. I remember Fowler being a very high prospect for the 2010 draft and he fell to the Ducks because of team preferences. In terms of production, Fowler did better than Jones on every level except for the WJC.

Jones is much more complete. Fowler was as good offensively, but I think Jones has that extra gear. He is just all over the ice. In that aspect he reminds me of Niedermayer, but what makes him over the top is that he's 6'4 and physical. Jones also is rock solid defensively. He is the complete package. Think Doughty.

Dec 2, 2010
maybe. but I can't see why we couldn't take a chance on him with our last of three 2nd rd picks. We still have two more in the 3rd to snag some sliders.

man, it's nice to say that when we have so many picks early on in this deep draft.
Why? Because I don't think he has the potential to be top 6. From the little I've seen and the bunch I heard, he's too raw to figure out completely but he doesn't have all the tools and hasn't torn it up to turn people's heads. And as you mentioned the draft is quite deep in the 2nd round. And as usual some nice ones will drop from the 1st and the trickle effect starts.

Halifaxhab*

Why? Because I don't think he has the potential to be top 6. From the little I've seen and the bunch I heard, he's too raw to figure out completely but he doesn't have all the tools and hasn't torn it up to turn people's heads. And as you mentioned the draft is quite deep in the 2nd round. And as usual some nice ones will drop from the 1st and the trickle effect starts.

He is definately a project, but I have a very good friend that does scouting (USHL/HS) out that way (Illinois/Indiana area) and he speaks very highly of him haveing all the tools. Just one of those types that take a little bit of effort to devellop.

But I totally understand your point of view on it. He is just another LW on a long list of LW we could target.

Rychel, Mantha, Carrier are all big solid 2-way LW we can get in our system as they are slated to fall righ into our wheelhouse. We can easily land 2 of them. As for Hill, if he dropped to us in the 3rd rd and we pass on him, that would be a mistake IMHO as the risk/reward value shoots way up.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He is definately a project, but I have a very good friend that does scouting (USHL/HS) out that way (Illinois/Indiana area) and he speaks very highly of him haveing all the tools. Just one of those types that take a little bit of effort to devellop.

But I totally understand your point of view on it. He is just another LW on a long list of LW we could target.

Rychel, Mantha, Carrier are all big solid 2-way LW we can get in our system as they are slated to fall righ into our wheelhouse. We can easily land 2 of them. As for Hill, if he dropped to us in the 3rd rd and we pass on him, that would be a mistake IMHO as the risk/reward value shoots way up.

Guys that size with any level of skill usually go earlier as there is always somebody looking to gamble on the next PF. Perfect example is Edmonton last year with Moroz at 31.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Guys that size with any level of skill usually go earlier as there is always somebody looking to gamble on the next PF. Perfect example is Edmonton last year with Moroz at 31.

That's a perfect example of stupidity yeah. I really hope the Habs don't fall into that new theory, let other teams waste picks early on guys you can draft in the 2nd/3rd round.

I've never seen Hill play, but I'm not even sure I begin to think about him before the 4th round, let other teams take the risk on this hail-Mary of a long-shot.

I'd much rather draft a Nastasiuk than Hill in the 2nd/3rd round. Who cares if he's not 6'6. By the time he reaches the NHL, Chara will be gone anyways.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
That's a perfect example of stupidity yeah. I really hope the Habs don't fall into that new theory, let other teams waste picks early on guys you can draft in the 2nd/3rd round.

I've never seen Hill play, but I'm not even sure I begin to think about him before the 4th round, let other teams take the risk on this hail-Mary of a long-shot.

I'd much rather draft a Nastasiuk than Hill in the 2nd/3rd round. Who cares if he's not 6'6. By the time he reaches the NHL, Chara will be gone anyways.

That was the thinking about Chara when Milbury drafted him for NYI's,then Boston seen the guy to build around when he played in Ottawa.Boston as far as I know still has a 2nd round pick and Toronto too.A little to late is just as good as never,it doesn't show the ability to project how good a player can be in a few years.Craig Button always tells people his picks are what he projects for players in five years and not how good they are now.Hill is still dealing with the awkwardness of a huge growth spurt,he has the tools and needs to reacquire his timing.Power forwards are like defencemen,they require more time to reach their potential.:nod:Pacioretty comes to mind.

Halifaxhab*

I was basing my thought about Hill from the word of a scout. Ill trust him more. If he says a late 2nd would be a good gamble, ill belive him.

But ill watch the draft and see what timmins thinks.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Alexander Wennberg 6'0" 180lbs Center is my choice. I think he's very talented and is a poor man's Henrik Sedin. Having Wennberg play behind Galchenyuk would be great.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Alexander Wennberg 6'0" 180lbs Center is my choice. I think he's very talented and is a poor man's Henrik Sedin. Having Wennberg play behind Galchenyuk would be great.

I would be all over Wennberg if he's available when the Habs pick,but,unless the Habs pick in the Top Ten it's not happening.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I want us to draft the "best fighter" in this draft. Been a long timer since we have drafted that big, mean player.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Why not invest a fourth rounder into the guy who can become the next Shawn Thornton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway