2013-14 Senators Player Rankings: #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Who were our best players this season?

We'll include all players that have played at least 20 regular season games for the Sens or were used in prominent roles.

Note: Please take only on-ice production and performance into account.

1st
9401152.jpg

2nd
Kyle+Turris+2014+Tim+Hortons+NHL+Heritage+DBuv7iDv3T1l.jpg

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Hate to say but if Karlsson was our best player this year he would be nominated for the Norris. This is obviously based on offensive numbers NOT the whole game.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Spezza comes 3rd. I look for him to get 2nd next year and be close to Karlsson next year if we are to have success.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Gotta be Clarkie.

There were times he went a bit cold offensively, but he was an energetic, responsible player the whole season through.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
That's why we needed clarification on what were voting for. Best season for their standards = Karlsson is arguably not in the top 5...best player...I could see Karlsson being number 1 but he wouldn't be for me.

My top 5 performance vs expectations:
MacArthur
Turris
Hoffman
Ceci
Gryba

Then:
Karlsson
Ryan

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hate to say but if Karlsson was our best player this year he would be nominated for the Norris. This is obviously based on offensive numbers NOT the whole game.

The best player on your team will not win a trophy every year. For years Alfredsson/Spezza/Heatley were our three best players. But they never won Art Rosses or Selkes, so does that make them not our best players?

This one goes to Mac, and on a lot of teams I don't even think he'd drop this far. Great season for him.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
I'm surprised that MacArthur is leading Spezza by double. Thought it would be closer than that, based on a strictly "who's better in a vacuum" analysis.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A lot of Mac supporters forget the lengthy slumps he had at points this year.. Spezza when healthy was our most consistent offensive forward.

Last edited:

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Mac, Spezza, and Ryan are all on the same tier. Each went through the motions. Mac had a career year (hence, he can be put on their level), while Spezza and Ryan had stellar second and first halves and awful first and second halves (respectively).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad