2012 NHL Draft Top-100 (Combined from RLR, FC and ISS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Both lists are very good. Thanks for the hard work. With the draft almost a year away we are going to see some drastic movement so criticizing the rankings is almost pointless.

TourettesGuy, I do have one question for you. How do you rank Sarnia's Nick Latta at 88th? I am an avid follower of the Sarnia Sting (lucky me for the upcoming year) and he never really impressed me. Latta's 15 points in 61 games is extremely disappointing as well especially considering one of the worst +/- on the team (-21). As of right now, Latta doesn't deserve a spot within the top 150 as Sarnia has released him for the upcoming season and he has yet to catch on with another team

Again, thanks for forming these lists.

As of right now, if I were an NHL GM this would be my Top 10 list:

1. Nail Yakupov (F)
2. Alex Galchenyuk (F- has the potential to become the best NHLer IMO)
3. Ryan Murray (D)
4. Mikhail Grigorenko (F)
5. Griffin Reinhart (D)
6. Matthew Dumba (D- big fan of his)
7. Nick Ebert (D)
8. Zemgus Girgensons (F)
9. Jacob Trouba (D)
10. Martin Frk (F) - He's going to have a strong year as the Moose have become a stronger team

MrWilson*

The first 75 kids on the list are probably all gonna stay there, but they'll move around a bit I suppose. After that and especially further down and beyond the 150 mark, it's tough to predict. Some of these players are over-hyped for sure, especially those that haven't played a single minute of junior hockey or have hit a wall when they have done so. If you can't or haven't played juniors, an NHl draft ranking starts to look ridiculous after a while.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
The first 75 kids on the list are probably all gonna stay there, but they'll move around a bit I suppose. After that and especially further down and beyond the 150 mark, it's tough to predict. Some of these players are over-hyped for sure, especially those that haven't played a single minute of junior hockey or have hit a wall when they have done so. If you can't or haven't played juniors, an NHl draft ranking starts to look ridiculous after a while.

True to an extent. However the NHL Draft is always filled with the Greg McKegg's and Ryan Strome's of the world who stuggle addapting in year one, or just have not been given the opportunity. However you are right, its always tough to perdict.

adolfz

Oct 11, 2007
Riga
Girgensons seems like a real deal, here in Latvia he's listed 188 cm and 88 kg, which could be more like 6'2 and 190. Being 16 y.o. he was the second best scorer on a team that looked like head and shoulders above Belarus U20 and got promoted to Top Division. This hit was on a guy three years older then him

They say he's down to earth and got great work ethics, but we'll see

MrWilson*

Defensemen and goaltenders that are under 6’ are a real long shot. This list has 19 kids 5’9†and under on it. 6 of the 19 listed here are d-men or goaltenders. The 2011 NHL draft only had 10 players 5’9 and under out of over 200 draftees—none were defensemen or goaltenders. IMHO, it's not gonna happen in 2012 either.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Girgensons seems like a real deal, here in Latvia he's listed 188 cm and 88 kg, which could be more like 6'2 and 190. Being 16 y.o. he was the second best scorer on a team that looked like head and shoulders above Belarus U20 and got promoted to Top Division. This hit was on a guy three years older then him

They say he's down to earth and got great work ethics, but we'll see

Unfortunately this hit defines "blindside" hit perfectly

I do like what I have seen and read about Girgensons. I think he could be a player that rises up the rankings next season.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Defensemen and goaltenders that are under 6’ are a real long shot. This list has 19 kids 5’9†and under on it. 6 of the 19 listed here are d-men or goaltenders. The 2011 NHL draft only had 10 players 5’9 and under out of over 200 draftees—none were defensemen or goaltenders. IMHO, it's not gonna happen in 2012 either.

These are old height/weights probably from the beginning of last season. By draft time i'm sure quite a few will have grown at least an inch.

MrWilson*

I'd say the chances are better that kids lower on the list or even not on the list will rise or be added. Besides, an inch won't make a difference for most.

Also, American Dream has offered several players that should be on the list. There are also the players from the NHl A, B, C lists. Is there a master list being formulated? I could offer several additions as well as I'm sure others could.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I'd say the chances are better that kids lower on the list or even not on the list will rise or be added. Besides, an inch won't make a difference for most.

Also, American Dream has offered several players that should be on the list. There are also the players from the NHl A, B, C lists. Is there a master list being formulated? I could offer several additions as well as I'm sure others could.

No, but Feel free to start one.

I enjoy Tormentor work on these, its interesting to see how FC, ISS and Redline all combine together.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Both lists are very good. Thanks for the hard work. With the draft almost a year away we are going to see some drastic movement so criticizing the rankings is almost pointless.

TourettesGuy, I do have one question for you. How do you rank Sarnia's Nick Latta at 88th? I am an avid follower of the Sarnia Sting (lucky me for the upcoming year) and he never really impressed me. Latta's 15 points in 61 games is extremely disappointing as well especially considering one of the worst +/- on the team (-21). As of right now, Latta doesn't deserve a spot within the top 150 as Sarnia has released him for the upcoming season and he has yet to catch on with another team

Again, thanks for forming these lists.

As of right now, if I were an NHL GM this would be my Top 10 list:

1. Nail Yakupov (F)
2. Alex Galchenyuk (F- has the potential to become the best NHLer IMO)
3. Ryan Murray (D)
4. Mikhail Grigorenko (F)
5. Griffin Reinhart (D)
6. Matthew Dumba (D- big fan of his)
7. Nick Ebert (D)
8. Zemgus Girgensons (F)
9. Jacob Trouba (D)
10. Martin Frk (F) - He's going to have a strong year as the Moose have become a stronger team

I like where you have Dumba listed. I've always had him in my top ten, since the start of last year. He doesn't get enough credit when people talk about all the defensemen in the draft.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I like where you have Dumba listed. I've always had him in my top ten, since the start of last year. He doesn't get enough credit when people talk about all the defensemen in the draft.

Not sure who's posts you read, but Dumba gets a ton of credit. I don't think he gets lost in the shuffle at all.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Not sure who's posts you read, but Dumba gets a ton of credit. I don't think he gets lost in the shuffle at all.

I'm sorry, not that I have seen Dumba play or anything.

But how is he positionally? From what I've seen (Highlights etc) I've noticed that he tends to go for the hit a lot.

Could Dumba be a top forward for the WHL if he played forward? I've noticed that he plays the forward position sometimes.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
This has to be the most unique group of names ever in a draft class. I can't go more than about 2 names in a row without seeing a name I either cannot pronounce or think, haven't seen that before. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just find this draft very unique in that way.

Nikolai Coolman

Aug 25, 2010
Markham, ON
I'm hearing good things about Matia Marcantuoni but I'm not too familiar with him, could someone give me an NHL comparable? I've heard him described as a future NHL captain so I was thinking Jonathan Toews, so to anybody who has seen him play, is that a fair comparison?

Herman the German

Jun 30, 2009

Because the Sting are getting him a domestic players card:handclap: one year doesn't tell the story...you should know this as a player? Right?

Herman the German

Jun 30, 2009

Because the Sting are getting him a domestic players card:handclap: one year doesn't tell the story...you should know this as a player? Right?
Latta is a longshot to make the German squad, whose preliminary roster needs to be trimmed by 7 players, but if he makes the squad you should definitely keep an eye out.

Nickolas plays in a depth role for the rejuvenated Sarnia squad of the OHL, amassing 7 goals and 10 points in 29 games. Normally those numbers wouldn't mean much, but when judging them one must consider his role and the fact that he is a barely-17-year-old rookie in a new country. Latta has also proven that he can flat-out score after leading his team in the German U18 league with 62 points in 39 games: 23 points more than second-place and he did it in 2 fewer games.

Germany will be an interesting team to watch considering their mix of talent playing in North America combined with their talent playing at home, so I hope they can slot Latta in - even in a depth role - to give him some experience for future U20 teams

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Unfortunately this hit defines "blindside" hit perfectly

I do like what I have seen and read about Girgensons. I think he could be a player that rises up the rankings next season.

Exactly it was an elbow, headhunting and taking advantage of a guy already engaged for all intensive purposes.

Brian Burke would love this guy.

Looks like a good player just a really bad play.

Miller4Gold

Mar 5, 2010
Buffalo
Latta is a longshot to make the German squad, whose preliminary roster needs to be trimmed by 7 players, but if he makes the squad you should definitely keep an eye out.

Nickolas plays in a depth role for the rejuvenated Sarnia squad of the OHL, amassing 7 goals and 10 points in 29 games.

Where did those stats from? He had 9 goals and 6 assists in 61 games as a 93 in the OHL.

Also, the Sting released him did they not, so he is not a member of the team?

I saw him in play 5-6 times last year, and I must agree with Dean, at this point, being drafted is a big question mark.

Herman the German

Jun 30, 2009
Hello Miller, 5 or 6 times really doesn't count in scouting reports, just ask kitty1992. He knows alot, he's a regional scout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad