2012-13 Ticket Holders

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
a) Last year it was not free, which pretty much shoots down you're assertion that it was ALWAYS free. Maybe you meant they always intended for it to be free this year, but pretty hard to tell when you're all capping a word.

b) The guide made it pretty clear that the fees were being waived this year. Which, for this season implies free, but going forward it mean something quite different.

Page 10:
You can print any game ticket online via My Jets Account at no additional cost.
Similar to Ticket Forwarding, Reprinting your tickets generates a paper
TicketFast ticket that you can print from your home or office and bring to the game.

Page 11: (emphasis mine)
With the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived for the 2012-13 season.

Everyone claims last year that if you needed to electronically "print" your tickets instead of using the paper ones, there was a $2.50 fee. I believe you. Now, since they are implementing the card, and you have NO paper tickets, and therefore need to get tickets to your group either thru email or hard copy printouts, the fee is waived. It makes TOTAL sense.

Please tell me where it says this is a one-year waiver and the printing fee comes back next year??

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
This is just completely inaccurate and totally untrue.

You obviously do not know the facts.

I refer you to Page 11 of the "My Jets Account User Guide", if you received it as a Season Ticket holder.

Under "REPRINTING YOUR TICKETS":
"Step 6: ....With the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived for the 2012-13 season."

How can you waive a Reprint Ticket administration fee that you claim never existed?

This is all pretty night and day, folks.

By "ALWAYS", I meant it was always free when they introduced the card. I did not know they (btw, "they" is Ticketmaster, not the Jets) charged last year for printing if you wanted ticketfast tickets instead of the hard copy season tickets. I thought people were saying this year they were going to charge people but then waived it as a special introduction bonus type of thing.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
If you have a complaint, intelligently and calmly communicate it to TNSE, and move on.

I remember a time, not so long ago, when Wininpeg heard the Thrashers were coming to town, and everyone was saying about how "we will never take them for granted again", and "we will support them no matter what", "it would never happen again", etc etc etc, blah blah blah. really, it seemed like yesterday. *rolls eyes*

a shortened schedule was figured out, everything was rushed to be put into place, electronic cards were sent out, a $2.50 charge was put into place that was a bad move in hindsight, and now we have people *****ing and complaining about the team, the franchise, the owners, the league, hell even people *****ing about the upgraded sound system they installed above the scoreboard and it being too loud.

Grow a sack, let your balls drop, grab a beer, and shut up.

This ridiculous "you owe me or else youve screwed me" Winnipeg attitude that so many have is ridiculous. If you dont want your season tickets, give them to the next person thats been waiting patiently in line for the last year, and is happy to support the team, and isnt crying over $2.50.

Do you pay 13K a year for season tickets?

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
This is correct. TNSE went on a fishing expedition for extra revenue, then had to backpedal quickly upon publich backlash - so they went on a Bush Administration-style "deny everything" campaign.

Thankfully TNSE changed the policy. But for some posters here and TNSE (one and the same, maybe?) to suggest there was never a fee; that is just simply ridiculous.

Ummm, yeah, I'm from TNSE and hang out on these boards, LOL.:sarcasm:

"TSNE went on a fishing expedition for extra revenue". So let's say the $2.50 forwarding fee, and last year's $2.50 printing fee stayed. Who gets that revenue? Hint: It's not TNSE.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Page 10:
TicketFast ticket that you can print from your home or office and bring to the game.

With the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived for the 2012-13 season.

Everyone claims last year that if you needed to electronically "print" your tickets instead of using the paper ones, there was a $2.50 fee. I believe you. Now, since they are implementing the card, and you have NO paper tickets, and therefore need to get tickets to your group either thru email or hard copy printouts, the fee is waived. It makes TOTAL sense.

Please tell me where it says this is a one-year waiver and the printing fee comes back next year??

Right there in the wording. "for the 2012-13 season". This STRONGLY implies that the fee will be back in following seasons. Why would that be included if they did not plan to bring it back in future seasons?

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Here's what SeatExchange looks like, there are seats available:

Section 315, Row 12
Seat 7-8 CA $77.75 per ticket
Authentication and reissue fee CA $3.50 per order
Convenience Fee CA $8.75 per ticket
Buyer's Fee CA $7.78 per ticket
TOTAL: CA $192.06

We can gripe about ticketmaster now and the fees they charge!!! :rant: Authentication, Convenience, and some random "Buyer's Fee"!

Feels like the Seinfeld episode where George talks about car mechanics. "Uhhh, yeah, you need a new Johnson Rod, yeah..."

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Page 10:

As someone who has had the pleasure of writing a few such documents I can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that "waived for the 2012-13 season." means that at best the plan was the review the policy in the off season. More likely, it meant they planned to restart the fee next season.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Right there in the wording. "for the 2012-13 season". This STRONGLY implies that the fee will be back in following seasons. Why would that be included if they did not plan to bring it back in future seasons?

Guess they should have written it as such:

"For the 2012-13 season, with the implementation of the card, the fees will be waived".

Maybe they are not all English majors at TNSE and they were scrambling to get everything out so people didn't complain about having to wait for their season passes.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If you have a complaint, intelligently and calmly communicate it to TNSE, and move on.

I remember a time, not so long ago, when Wininpeg heard the Thrashers were coming to town, and everyone was saying about how "we will never take them for granted again", and "we will support them no matter what", "it would never happen again", etc etc etc, blah blah blah. really, it seemed like yesterday. *rolls eyes*

a shortened schedule was figured out, everything was rushed to be put into place, electronic cards were sent out, a $2.50 charge was put into place that was a bad move in hindsight, and now we have people *****ing and complaining about the team, the franchise, the owners, the league, hell even people *****ing about the upgraded sound system they installed above the scoreboard and it being too loud.

Grow a sack, let your balls drop, grab a beer, and shut up.

This ridiculous "you owe me or else youve screwed me" Winnipeg attitude that so many have is ridiculous. If you dont want your season tickets, give them to the next person thats been waiting patiently in line for the last year, and is happy to support the team, and isnt crying over $2.50.

While I sympathize with the "quit your whining" crowd, I don't think the fact that TNSE has brought the NHL back to Winnipeg gives them carte blanche to nickel and dime everyone on idiotic fees.

Sure, Chipman opened up his (and Thomson's) wallet to the tune of $170 million, but 13000 opened up their considerably smaller wallets to the tune of $500 - $1000 per seat for a deposit (i.e. an interest free loan). They also pay one of the highest average ticket prices in the NHL. There wasn't a lot of complaining though - you have to pay to play in the bigs, right? I mean, we yell out "True North" during the anthem...we're grateful, ok?

But I don't think it's unreasonable that a STH would be upset that they were losing something of value (nice printed ticket books you could split up with a STH group) - and not only that, but the prospect of being charged $2.50 to do something that used to cost nothing (handing out tickets). As I've said about 3 times before in this thread, that adds up to about $175/year in fees if you've got a group of 4 sharing 2 seats. Also, those fees are ridiculous in the first place. The concession stand might as well charge $2.50 to put your popcorn in a bag or your beer in a cup - in fact the profit margin on the ticket printing and forwarding "convenience fee" is probably even higher.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

"For the 2012-13 season, with the implementation of the card, the fees will be waived".

Maybe they are not all English majors at TNSE and they were scrambling to get everything out so people didn't complain about having to wait for their season passes.

Still reads as "for the 2012-13 season". If they did not plan on bringing it back, they would have put "from the 2012-13 season onwards with the implementation of the card"...but of course that would have committed them to never bringing them back, something they clearly did not want to do.

With the way they have done it, the only written statements state the fee will be waived for the 2012-13 season only. So it is now possible they can bring the fees back in future years when the initial outrage has subsided in a few years....

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
While I sympathize with the "quit your whining" crowd, I don't think the fact that TNSE has brought the NHL back to Winnipeg gives them carte blanche to nickel and dime everyone on idiotic fees.

Sure, Chipman opened up his (and Thomson's) wallet to the tune of $170 million, but 13000 opened up their considerably smaller wallets to the tune of $500 - $1000 per seat for a deposit (i.e. an interest free loan). They also pay one of the highest average ticket prices in the NHL. There wasn't a lot of complaining though - you have to pay to play in the bigs, right? I mean, we yell out "True North" during the anthem...we're grateful, ok?

But I don't think it's unreasonable that a STH would be upset that they were losing something of value (nice printed ticket books you could split up with a STH group) - and not only that, but the prospect of being charged $2.50 to do something that used to cost nothing (handing out tickets). As I've said about 3 times before in this thread, that adds up to about $175/year in fees if you've got a group of 4 sharing 2 seats. Also, those fees are ridiculous in the first place. The concession stand might as well charge $2.50 to put your popcorn in a bag or your beer in a cup - in fact the profit margin on the ticket printing and forwarding "convenience fee" is probably even higher.

Thank you gm0ney i could not have said it better myself :handclap:

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
As someone who has had the pleasure of writing a few such documents I can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that "waived for the 2012-13 season." means that at best the plan was the review the policy in the off season. More likely, it meant they planned to restart the fee next season.

Not to get into legal talk, but doesn't "With the implementation of the season ticket card" suggest that the reason there is no fee is because they now have cards which you cannot divide up into 40 separate pieces like you could with a season ticket booklet, and therefore they do not wish to punish you by charging to get the tickets to others? That's certainly how I interpret it.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

More of a legal or communications department thing. Pretty sure someone there would've taken a university level course in English.

They also had a really long off-season to implement this. I don't think they were planning on printing tickets and decided in mid-December to go with this wacky card idea. There were rumours about this in this forum over the summer.

idontknow

Jul 16, 2011
Here's what SeatExchange looks like, there are seats available:

Section 315, Row 12
Seat 7-8 CA $77.75 per ticket
Authentication and reissue fee CA $3.50 per order
Convenience Fee CA $8.75 per ticket
Buyer's Fee CA $7.78 per ticket
TOTAL: CA $192.06

We can gripe about ticketmaster now and the fees they charge!!! :rant: Authentication, Convenience, and some random "Buyer's Fee"!

Feels like the Seinfeld episode where George talks about car mechanics. "Uhhh, yeah, you need a new Johnson Rod, yeah..."

So the buyer pays walk up prices plus all those fees? Season ticket holder pays no fee?

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Not to get into legal talk, but doesn't "With the implementation of the season ticket card" suggest that the reason there is no fee is because they now have cards which you cannot divide up into 40 separate pieces like you could with a season ticket booklet, and therefore they do not wish to punish you by charging to get the tickets to others? That's certainly how I interpret it.

My point is by adding "for the 2012-13 season" they wilfully left the door open to re-instituting the fee next season, independent of the status of the card program.

Had they stated it:

"With the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived."

Then the door would have been mostly closed on them.

Had they stated it:

"Due to the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived."

It would have been 100% closed.

My opinion based on how it was written is they had ever intention of, at the least, re-evaluating the fee in the summer.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
So the buyer pays walk up prices plus all those fees? Season ticket holder pays no fee?

Picked up 2 P5 seats for next Friday against the Penguins and it cost me just under 250.

And correct. Seller gets face value, somebody else gets all the fees.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
More of a legal or communications department thing. Pretty sure someone there would've taken a university level course in English.

They also had a really long off-season to implement this. I don't think they were planning on printing tickets and decided in mid-December to go with this wacky card idea. There were rumours about this in this forum over the summer.

The entire document was pretty clearly written over the summer and only received minor changes due to the lockout.

RECCE

The Dog House
Apr 29, 2010
Margaritaville
They were waiving all fees this year and would re-implement them come next season, simple as that (until they waffled that is).

Attachments

• jets.JPG
    jets.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 5

idontknow

Jul 16, 2011
Picked up 2 P5 seats for next Friday against the Penguins and it cost me just under 250.

And correct. Seller gets face value, somebody else gets all the fees.

Thx! At least with the fees you have a guaranteed ticket/s. Congrats! Sid the Kid Crosby!!

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
My point is by adding "for the 2012-13 season" they wilfully left the door open to re-instituting the fee next season, independent of the status of the card program.

Had they stated it:

"With the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived."

Then the door would have been mostly closed on them.

Had they stated it:

"Due to the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived."

It would have been 100% closed.

My opinion based on how it was written is they had ever intention of, at the least, re-evaluating the fee in the summer.

Absolutely, those statements would have been much better.

I just don't understand the vilifying of TNSE. So somebody in the communications dept wrote a statement that was a bit wordy and not as clear as it could have been. And even if they had this evil plot to spring the reprinting fees on STHs next year, that money goes to Ticketmaster. TNSE would not be profiting from it. The punishment does not fit the crime.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

I just don't understand the vilifying of TNSE. So somebody in the communications dept wrote a statement that was a bit wordy and not as clear as it could have been. And even if they had this evil plot to spring the reprinting fees on STHs next year, that money goes to Ticketmaster. TNSE would not be profiting from it. The punishment does not fit the crime.

I don't care at all who gets that money, I cared that it was coming out of my pocket.

There was only one reason to write the statement like that, IMO. That they planned to bring the fee back. Of course they could not out and out say that, but that's why you would write it like that.

Either way the cards are costing me money and time that it didn't in the past. The fees would have meant quite a bit of money, which would have made it really bad, as it is it's just annoying. That's bad, IMO.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
I don't care at all who gets that money, I cared that it was coming out of my pocket.

There was only one reason to write the statement like that, IMO. That they planned to bring the fee back. Of course they could not out and out say that, but that's why you would write it like that.

Either way the cards are costing me money and time that it didn't in the past. The fees would have meant quite a bit of money, which would have made it really bad, as it is it's just annoying. That's bad, IMO.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on whether they would have charged for printing next year. It obviously wasn't well written since I strongly feel it says 'A' and you strongly feel it says 'B'.

I think who gets the money does have some play in this, as everyone is accusing TNSE of "nickle and diming" the STH, when in fact these are ticketmaster fees for using the ticketmaster system which costs ticketmaster money to design, build, maintain, etc (in NO way am I defending ticketmaster, I could go on about them for hours).

People will get used to the cards. The electronic system will come in very handy for most people at some point. Maybe in retrospect they should have paid up for printing (on a super tight timeline, I can only imagine what printing 13,000 season tickets would have cost, it would not be pretty) and implemented the card next year when people had 2 months to adapt.

We can all agree on this: GO JETS GO! *#$&#*$&'ing CRUSH those Sens!

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Couldn't agree with you more, Holden.

The fee was set up to bring back in future years - and potentially to add on top of another 3% annual increase (the maximum allowed under the season ticket holder TPA).

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

Enh, I don't believe I'm vilifying TNSE. Most of my posts on this matter have been me poking fun at people grossly over reacting to what is IMO an extremely trivial matter.

But at the same time, if you're going to try to defend TNSE by making implausible claims I'm going to call you on it.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
Thx! At least with the fees you have a guaranteed ticket/s. Congrats! Sid the Kid Crosby!!

Thanks. Just happened to be on the site and saw it was up. Actually had P1s(I think) in my cart for tomorrow, but decided I couldn't justify 225 a ticket or whatever it was going to be.

The tickets for next Friday are actually going to my brother. I have a share of a season tickets(6 games this year plus should get a couple in the boxes).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad