2011 Cup run 4th line

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Arguably 5 too. Even though Salo was injury prone, when he played, he played like a top pairing d-man.

We're never going to see a team like the 2011 team ever again. It's a real shame they fell 1 victory short otherwise they would've etched their names as one of the best teams ever iced in the modern era.

I still put them as one of the best teams in the modern era. I mean you look at what they did. there is no reason besides 1 game they don't deserve to be there.

Reactions: vanuck

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
would this be a fair ratings of the 2011 canucks compared to the current team. *i havent played nhl 20 in awhile so i dont know what their overall is.

2011 team Offense:95 Defense:86 Goaltending:93

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
As much as I hate blaming injuries, every Canucks fan had the right to. This is from an article detailing the injuries. Not to mention Aaron Rome's garbage suspension.

"The Vancouver Canucks lost Game 7 by a 4-0 margin to the Boston Bruins and lost four of the last five games to cede the Stanley Cup to the them, but there’s no reason to pout.
The Canucks did not lose to the Bruins; the Canucks lost to injuries.
According to a report in the Vancouver Province, numerous Canucks were playing through injuries.
Mikael Samuelsson was lost in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals against the Nashville Predators, after he injured his abductor tendon and sports hernia.
Samuelsson had surgery to correct both injuries on May 19.
Christopher Higgins blocked a shot in the third period of Game 5 against the Predators. He had been playing with a presumably broken foot since.
Christian Ehrhoff was injured in Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals against the San Jose Sharks, when he was hit hard into the boards by Jamie McGinn.
In order to play in the Stanley Cup Finals, Ehrhoff had his shoulder shot up with painkillers in every game.
Both Ehrhoff and Higgins will require offseason surgery to correct their ailments.
Ryan Kesler reportedly played with both a groin tear and hip labrum tear, which were suffered late in Game 5 against the Sharks.
Dan Hamhuis was lost in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals, after he tore his groin muscle from throwing a thunderous hip check on Bruins forward Milan Lucic.
Mason Raymond, of course, was lost in Game 6 to a vertebrae compression fracture after he was awkwardly driven into the boards by Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk.
Alex Edler was the other casualty in Game 6, as he broke two fingers in the third period. He played through it in Game 7 and logged 26:20.
Those are the injuries that we know of so far, but based on the words of Canucks forward Jeff Tambellini, there must have been more.
"There were probably shooting six guys up [for Game 7]," he said.
Andrew Alberts was also rumoured to have been injured in Game 6 after leaving the game late in the third period.
Earlier in the series, Sami Salo was slow to get up after falling awkwardly. It’s possible he could have suffered a groin injury.
There have been no reported serious injuries on the side of the Bruins."

We were the better team, we just had no team left.

Reactions: Luongos Knob

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Henrik also had some sort of serious injury (to his back apparently) in that run but it was never reported anywhere AFAIK.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Henrik also had some sort of serious injury (to his back apparently) in that run but it was never reported anywhere AFAIK.

If it the injury I am thinking of it was talked about how he couldn't sit on the bench and had to like hover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad