2010-2011 Crosby + 2011-2012 Malkin vs Current McDavid and Draisaitl for the current Art Ross

Who wins the Art Ross?

• Total voters

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The Penguins find a time machine and teleport the 2010-2011 Crosby before the Steckel hit and the 2011-2012 Art Ross Malkin and they play on the 2020-21 Penguins.

They have to compete with McDrai of today. Who wins the Art Ross?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Close between Crosby and Malkin. Malkin's second half in '12 was actually similar to Crosby's '10 in production. McDavid and Draisaitl have scored at similar levels in higher scoring environments.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
McDavid. There is a reason why he is regarded as the best on the planet.
McDavid
Crosby
Malkin/Draisaitl

If we are talking goals. Crosby.
Total points. Mcjesus.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
McDavid. There is a reason why he is regarded as the best on the planet.
McDavid
Crosby
Malkin/Draisaitl

If we are talking goals. Crosby.
Total points. Mcjesus.

The OP isn't asking about comparing them now. Crosby was considered "the best on the planet" at his peak, too.

I think this is Crosby. Obviously that's going on the assumption that he'd be able to continue playing at that 41 game level, but *if* he could then that season he was on pace to produce better than any full season that Draisaitl or McDavid has produced at. And in a lower scoring environment, to boot.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
The OP isn't asking about comparing them now. Crosby was considered "the best on the planet" at his peak, too.

I think this is Crosby. Obviously that's going on the assumption that he'd be able to continue playing at that 41 game level, but *if* he could then that season he was on pace to produce better than any full season that Draisaitl or McDavid has produced at. And in a lower scoring environment, to boot.
Slower defensemen.
McDavid would feast. Think Malkin with more offense.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
1a. Crosby
1b. Malkin
3. McDavid
4. Draisaitl

Really tough between 87 and 71. I don't see an argument for either of the Oilers, they are much more reliant on each other.

Crosby had the highest overall level of play, but what Malkin did without 87 was pretty outrageous.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think we will find out this year.

2010 Crosby was putting up 1.6 PPG over the span of 40 games.
McDavid is currently doing 2 PPG but it's highly probable that it falls over the next 30 games. Personally I think he is better offensively at his best than Crosby was, but thats more personal judgement than anything. I think if McDavid can maintain over 1.7 PPG by game 40 we collectively as fans can say his peak is higher.

Draisaitl is in a similar boat to McDavid. Out of McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Draisaitl, its actually Draisaitl who has had the highest PPG over a *full season, 110 points in 71 games for a 1.54 PPG. Obviously the eras are different, but its still an astounding feat, especially when you consider his higher ratio of goal to assists (since 2018-19) compared to the other 3. Right now you have to give the nod to McDavid/Crosby but if Draisaitl wins a 2nd Art Ross in a row you have to begin to reconsider who is the top offensive threat when they are in their prime.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad