2010-11 Hart Trophy Revisit.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who should have won the Hart trophy?

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
How does Mario get 2nd place in 00/01 after playing 43 games and Crosby gets no recognition in 10/11?
Narrative.

Jagr's production skyrocketed when Lemieux came back. He was "just" above a point per game prior. He lead the league in PPG after coming out of a 4 year retirement. Yes, I know Jagr outproduced him when they played together. But again, the narrative was Lemieux revitalizing Jagr.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
How does Mario get 2nd place in 00/01 after playing 43 games and Crosby gets no recognition in 10/11?
8 first place vote is wild considering Sakic season.

The pens were
16W-16L-6T-1OL, without Mario, .500 below the .538 you needed to make the playoff.

And
26W-12L-3T-2OL, with Mario, .663

Crosby does not make it easy in that regard
26W-12L-3OL, is virtually the same has Mario pens, but when he was not there they were a
23W-13L-5OL, worst but not as much (and that without Malkin as well and Kunitz missing game, Staal-Kennedy were the scorer)

.670 vs .622

They were a -6 team the Malkin-Crosby less pens, with a 14% PP with a bottom 5 offense, not sure how sustainable that winning was, but they did win. when Crosby-Malkin was there they were almost +1 goalper game (+38) with top 5 offense,

Would Crosby miss the first half instead of the second and the Pens goes from .500 to that 26W-12L-3OL line to climb the standing and make the playoff, playing like that.... the narrative would have been much stronger, for the exact same play and season.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Right and he was what, 39 years old at the time? Tuukka was...34 (?) when he retired entirely from hockey? That's about the age Hasek started showing his chops.

I realize you are butthurt over that Canucks fiasco, but Thomas was neither a flash in the pan or a fraud.

I haven't read all of Mike's posts on Thomas, so I don't know if he right out called him a fraud, but even if he did who cares, it's just an assessment of a player. By the way, thanks for quoting Q up thread because it had me re-reading that Orville Redenbacher post two spots below, which is a helluva nostalgia post. Unfortunately a lot of these posters are gone from the site.

Also, the Hasek comparison is so bad I won't even comment on it.

Cruor

May 12, 2012
I haven't read all of Mike's posts on Thomas, so I don't know if he right out called him a fraud, but even if he did who cares, it's just an assessment of a player. By the way, thanks for quoting Q up thread because it had me re-reading that Orville Redenbacher post two spots below, which is a helluva nostalgia post. Unfortunately a lot of these posters are gone from the site.

Also, the Hasek comparison is so bad I won't even comment on it.
Aight, no hard feelings buddy. And sorry for the Canucks dig, it was uncalled for. The 2011 riots left us this gem though:

• Haha
Reactions: seventieslord

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Chara.

Kesler was awesome that season both ways until the finals I'd put him ahead of Daniel.

Scoring was down 50 goals was a lot Perry is a deserving winner.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He didn't kill his wife and a waiter, it's not like we're gonna take it away from him. He just wasn't a very good player that got put into a perfect situation. And was not considered NHL caliber outside of that. So, that means either he somehow got really good at 34 and 36 years old somehow...or, he was just never very good, and it's another example of team effects dictating averaging stats.

He was given away at age 38, which is evidently his prime haha

And we have the video, we know now that it was a bad goaltender where it worked out for a little bit. Like you said, he burned hot for a minute statistically - Cechmanek, Elliott stuff...no big whoop. Difference was having a team to bail him out and little league-wide competition at his position.
Thomas reached the NHL late but had a pretty long prime.

7 years as a starter first 2 hes the best player on an awful team last 5 seasons a legit star on the Bruins 07/08-11/12. He actually played a couple games in Boston before the lockout so its really a full decade run in Boston for him that is a long time for a goalie in 1 organization.

Held off Rask for 2 full seasons after Rask was 2010 playoff starter. Ending is muddied because of his politics and the city he played in but the Bruins chose him over a prime Rask when it mattered in 2012. And of course it was time to move on after that considering how good/young the other guy was Thomas just decided to sit out the 2013 season when the Bruins went to Rask. Stupid decision by him looking back. Tuukka Rask sat out the last game of the season for us because he had diahrrea and we missed the playoffs goalies do weird stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad