Post-Game Talk: #20| Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders | February 27th | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 4-3

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Missed opportunity to win the game.
I hope Varly is sharp and shuts that blocker side closed

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Some tough stretches but overall I think we played a good game. Just a bit unlucky. Started with Varly falling down.

coming away with the extra point would be nice.
We should have won this in regulation. We are also the better team. Have been for 2 years

Reactions: chico19341

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I can't really present you with facts, this is just based on my 10+ years watching hockey. Anecdotal evidence. I believe what I see with my eyes. And what I see time and time again is refs ignoring calls, calling others, in order to control the flow of the game / appease coaches.

How many times has a ref missed a penalty call, gotten mouthed off at by a coach, then suddenly there is a make-up call?

These guys don't call the game close to honest, they let shit go all the time when they feel like it

I don’t disagree. Saw PK’s comments and agree as well.

Of course we’ve all seen questionable calls in a close game or OT or a playoff OT game and if the game doesn’t end on the PP, the other teams barely touches someone and the PP for the other team is given. That’s what makes it so frustrating.

its probably the toughest game to officiate and certainly at this level.
I sense a new thread after I smoke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad