GDT: [#20] Nashville Predators @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Miro with 32:30 played tonight on the 2nd of a back to back holy shit

I mean that was very much guaranteed with Klingberg out. Esa and Oleksiak also played alot but the others aren't that good to play more than 10-15 minutes.

It's also why all the trade Klingberg nonsense has to end even if they miss the playoffs. The team needs him too much and there's nobody in the pipeline who can take his role.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
There really isn't too much justification for trading Klinger, unless when the contract is coming up he wants to back up the truck, a la Dak.

I have told the story before, but sat next to Gainey on a plane once, and he said if a good player is available, there are contract, injury, or attitude issues, each and every time. No GM would trade a good player unless he had to, since the goal is to add more, not subtract. And no GM would trade a player based on the hot and cold whims of a fan site discussion board. They know better!

Sure, the occasional lateral trade, i.e., a top D like Jones for a center like Johanssen, when depth at a position allows. We spent so many years complaining about nothing but no. 2 D pairs playing top pair, that I would think most of us would just like to revel in the fact that we have a home grown and drafted top 4 right now. A habitual weakness has become a strength.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Plus, Bones is even defensive there, putting out Faksa, Comeau and Lindell first to counter Forsberg, et. al. Maybe on the road when he doesn't have last change he might opt to do it differently, but last night, it looked like they were playing OT to get to the shootout, which is nuts when so much offensive talent is on the shelf.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
We used to have Seguin and Radulov to throw out there (also no Klingberg and Hintz tonight). 3v3 is when the skill players dominate, and the Stars just have too many out injured.
Gaurenteed we win at least a couple of those shootouts if seguins playing .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad