Confirmed with Link: 2 years $5 million ($2.5M AAV) for Cam Talbot

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Don’t really see the need with Husso and Lyon. Seems like Reimer 2.0 honestly. But it’s not a lot of money, so it’s fine. Was good overall last year for LA, but they had a much better defense than wings. He was also BRUTAL for a stretch. At the end of the day, I don’t really think it matters who is in net behind this defense, there were bigger needs to fill.

Reactions: Astyanax and lilidk

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Don’t really see the need with Husso and Lyon. Seems like Reimer 2.0 honestly. But it’s not a lot of money, so it’s fine. Was good overall last year for LA, but they had a much better defense than wings. He was also BRUTAL for a stretch. At the end of the day, I don’t really think it matters who is in net behind this defense, there were bigger needs to fill.

I didn't really see Talbot play last season but in terms of Husso and Lyon, Talbot at least has carried the workload of an actual starter whereas Lyon and Husso haven't really.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
would absolutely love to know the contracts thrown out today you would think was a good idea for the long term.
Flawed logic on here as usual. I don't have to have the answers to know this is more of the same. But I would have liked to do that Chychrun deal. Walman and a second is more than we paid for 'future considerations'! We basically just used that money to give Kane a raise...

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
I didn't really see Talbot play last season but in terms of Husso and Lyon, Talbot at least has carried the workload of an actual starter whereas Lyon and Husso haven't really.
Bingo. Not a flashy signing by any means, but Talbot checks a big box in terms of having proven he can be a starter. My main concern is how he holds up; he'll be playing for us at 37 and 38 years old.

Reactions: heyfolks

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He was also BRUTAL for a stretch.
Doesn't look too bad to me.
Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 1.09.58 PM (2).png

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Doesn't look too bad to me.
View attachment 890746
He had a 12 game losing streak. I don’t know if he was credited with the loss but the kings lost 12 straight games he played in, and he gave up 2+ goals in every one of those games.

I think it’s a whatever signing. He’s a dime a dozen goalie, but that’s what we paid him as. I’m just not going to act like, “we’ve found our starter!!!”

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He had a 12 game losing streak. I don’t know if he was credited with the loss but the kings lost 12 straight games he played in, and he gave up 2+ goals in every one only those games.

I think it’s a whatever signing. He’s a dime a dozen goalie, but that’s what we paid him as. I’m just not going to act like, “we’ve found our starter!!!”
Got ya. I don't expect him to be a savior for us, but I think a 60/40 split with Talbot/Lyon could be a decent amount better than what we had last year.

Here's to hoping.

Reactions: SoupNazi

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Goaltending is the reason we missed the playoffs last year. Nice signing.
I respectfully disagree...The only reason why the Wings stuck in it for so long was courtesy of Lyon standing on his head most nights...The 5 guys in front of him and Uncle Fester behind the bench - they're the primary reasons why this team had it's slumps and extended periods of shitty play.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I respectfully disagree...The only reason why the Wings stuck in it for so long was courtesy of Lyon standing on his head most nights...The 5 guys in front of him and Uncle Fester behind the bench - they're the primary reasons why this team had it's slumps and extended periods of shitty play.
Lyon was good, we agree on that. He was simply used too much. It would be like playing a 13th forward on your first line, a 7th d-man on your top pairing. Husso has been incapable of managing a stater's workload, combine that with the injury and Reimer being washed and we were forced to rely far too much on Lyon.

I like a combo of Talbot and Husso potentially splitting starts. If Husso gets injured again Lyon can step in and play his minutes. I'm also fine with moving one since Yzerman didn't seem interested in carrying 3 goalies when asked about the goaltending situation. I'd be fine with moving Husso but I'd imagine his contract isn't very desirable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad