GDT: #2 | Flyers at Flames | Saturday, October 12, 2024 | 10:00 PM | NBCSP

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
My notes -

They got pushed around a bit. It was nice to see Foerster support his teammates, but it wasn’t the right decision.

Fedotov so far has not tracked well at all. His size makes up for a lot of issues so that’s great. Hopefully he looks better as the season moves forward.

Tippett had a few bursts/skating moments that were reminiscent of last season, still largely invisible.

Defense as a whole has problems gettin the puck out of their zone consistently. That is an area where they desperately need to get better.

Farabee/Brink/Couts line was great. Brink showing why I love him so much in the first few games.

TK/Frost/MM were good. Lots of good chances, but nothing amazing…they dominated possession, 14CF vs 5CA. Let them stick together, picks will go into the net. Too much skill for that to not happen.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Extending Seeler had nothing to do with Drysdale, considering they were also trying to extend Walker. They'd be playing together.
Yeah, cracks me up tries to tie the 2 together. Like Seller is now this 10-year great NHL veteran leader/mentor.

Also, Risto is now the guy CF traded for? Really? He wanted a 3rd pair defenseman.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, cracks me up tries to tie the 2 together. Like Seller is now this 10-year great NHL veteran leader/mentor.

Also, Risto is now the guy CF traded for? Really? He wanted a 3rd pair defenseman.
Zamula, Drysdale and Risto are posting similar minutes.

D-man played better with Seeler as their partner last year, not just Walker, but also Drysdale,
He's a good partner for an offense first D-man b/c he'll CYA for them.

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
So Risto playing comparable minutes with another 3rd pair Dman and a kid who is finally healthy for the first time in forever is supposed to impress us?

Sorry, acquiring and extending Risto was the one of the most boneheaded decisions made by this franchise in the last 10 years. And when it comes to the Flyers, who are known for bad decisions, that is saying something.

Reactions: Adtar02

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
So Risto playing comparable minutes with another 3rd pair Dman and a kid who is finally healthy for the first time in forever is supposed to impress us?

Sorry, acquiring and extending Risto was the one of the most boneheaded decisions made by this franchise in the last 10 years. And when it comes to the Flyers, who are known for bad decisions, that is saying something.
It's gotta be between Risto and Mcdonald as the most bone headed acquisiton

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
My notes -

They got pushed around a bit. It was nice to see Foerster support his teammates, but it wasn’t the right decision.

Fedotov so far has not tracked well at all. His size makes up for a lot of issues so that’s great. Hopefully he looks better as the season moves forward.

Tippett had a few bursts/skating moments that were reminiscent of last season, still largely invisible.

Defense as a whole has problems gettin the puck out of their zone consistently. That is an area where they desperately need to get better.

Farabee/Brink/Couts line was great. Brink showing why I love him so much in the first few games.

TK/Frost/MM were good. Lots of good chances, but nothing amazing…they dominated possession, 14CF vs 5CA. Let them stick together, picks will go into the net. Too much skill for that to not happen.
Tippet is that type of player. No brains. I want him away from Michkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad