GDT: #2 - CBJ @ COL 9PM EST

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I'm pleasantly surprised with Monahan's level of play, I hope it lasts. Still not a speedster by any means but he's got better legs than I expected, he wins battles, does smart and simple decisions with puck. For a lot of the same reasons as Voronkov, he seems like a great fit between Chinakhov and Marchenko so far.

JJ-Gud pair just needs to cease existing, Harris should be playing next week.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Everyone is writing about Marchy’s unselfishness on the empty netter (which it was). But a little extra credit to Chinny there. His first thought needs to be to make sure he clears the zone but what a smart pass to Marchy…backhand, soft touch, off the boards, right to Marchy’s stick.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This team is playing as one. Such an unselfish assist by Marchy on that empty net goal. We won against a very good team tonight.
The unselfishness is real and I’m not in any way suggesting this is inaccurate.

But I feel like the team is also playing with clear purpose and decisiveness. In the recent past, the player might have waited too long to make that unselfish pass and/or made a pass that was just soft enough that the trailing defender had a chance to muck things up.

Last edited:

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I’m glad they’re playing as hard as I expected them to. I had a feeling this team was better than they look on paper. Coaching can make a world of a difference.

That being said, seems Guddy is back to being useless again. There is absolutely no reason he or especially JJ need to be playing. You signed Johnson to be a veteran presence, that doesn’t mean he needs to play every night. He’s not good enough.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Definitely saw some guys on the backend leaning and reaching with sticks.

Hope jiricek is watching and gets his feet moving when he gets the shot

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I’m glad they’re playing as hard as I expected them to. I had a feeling this team was better than they look on paper. Coaching can make a world of a difference.

That being said, seems Guddy is back to being useless again. There is absolutely no reason he or especially JJ need to be playing. You signed Johnson to be a veteran presence, that doesn’t mean he needs to play every night. He’s not good enough.
The simple Vincent system helped very few players but Gudbranson was one of them. That said I'd rather see him with a better partner before I worry too much, he was quite good a year ago

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
The unselfishness is real and I’m not in any way suggesting this is inaccurate.

But I feel like the team is also playing with clear purpose and decisiveness. In the recent past, the player might have waited too long to make that unselfish pass and/or made a pass that was just soft enough that the trailing defender had a chance to muck things up.

Agreed 100%. Coaching makes a big difference. This team should be enjoyable and entertaining this season.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Agreed 100%. Coaching makes a big difference. This team should be enjoyable and entertaining this season.
Coaching makes a dramatic difference for sure . PV would ride the limited veterans we had into the ground , and the young players were played limited minutes most nights ,with the task not to mess up or get benched . I feel like Waddell followed his Brindamour blueprint in hiring Evason .

Reactions: Fred Glover

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I mean even if we keep the top 6 intact, imagine inserting Jenner and Voronkov to the bottom six. I like how it looks
Or you go, Fantilli-Jenner-Voronkov.

Both guys would/should play over Lebanc and JVR, at the least.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Monahan is worth every penny. He looks so good with Chinakov and Marchy.

Kent looks awesome but I cannot help but feel bad for Fantilli being stuck with the PTO level players. They don't fit.
It’s amazing what competent center play can do for a line and the team
Imagine what competent goalie play would do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad