Proposal: 2 Canucks Trades in a lost season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t. A first isn’t a first like it would be from a lesser team. A first when it transfers at ~27th OA isn’t particularly valuable. It’s pretty much a second round value. Addison is a B / B+ level prospect. Profiles as a 4-5 type. He’s not all that valuable on his own either.

TJ Miller is a 1st line player for Minnesota and he’s got another year on his deal. He’s going to be pretty expensive.

And Minnesota isn't going to pay the futures price for a guy who's only going to be here for 1.5 years. We've been through this before.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
And Minnesota isn't going to pay the futures price for a guy who's only going to be here for 1.5 years. We've been through this before.
No you haven’t. You’ve got some silly fans that talk about “navigating” the massive dead money heading your way. What Pollyanna rubbish.

There is no navigation around that. Minnesota will not be a contender in those years. You’re one this year. This is a going for it year for Minnesota because it’s going to be lean when you’ve got $10+ million of dead cap space coming down the tracks.

JT Miller will have several suitors. Vancouver has the leverage in moving him or not. So This isn’t a trade Minnesota wins. It’s one they make to win now before they are kissing depth and good players goodbye to pay Suter and Parise’s AAV penalty.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No you haven’t. You’ve got some silly fans that talk about “navigating” the massive dead money heading your way. What Pollyanna rubbish.

There is no navigation around that. Minnesota will not be a contender in those years. You’re one this year. This is a going for it year for Minnesota because it’s going to be lean when you’ve got $10+ million of dead cap space coming down the tracks.

JT Miller will have several suitors. Vancouver has the leverage. So This isn’t a trade Minnesota wins. It’s one they make to win now.
Minnesota passes. I'm sure I'll see you in the next thread though.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
...Now for the trades.
2nd trade
To NYR
Horvat

The Canucks
Schneider, Chytil, 2022 3rd

Chytil replaces Horvat as 2c in a lost season and has potential, Schneider adds a RHD prospect with serious top 4 upside.

If Horvat is likely to extend after next season I would do that instead of trading, but if there is a strong chance he walks, trade now for maximum value.

Horvat would be for the rest of this season and next. That isn't a rental. Schneider is behind Fox, Trouba and Lundkvist on the right side. Trading him makes sense to strengthen the forward group for 2 playoff runs. And if they can extend him somehow, even better.

Since Wild fans see Rossi as a non starter in any trade. Could be swapped with Boldy and Bjugstadt could be changed to something else. We could also go Fiala + 1st and then flip Fiala at TDL or keep him.

1 we are not trading either Chytil or Schneider
2 next season we have ZERO cap and are moving on from Strome + Geo + just to squeeze by.
It will be that way until we can move Trouba's 8m, which will be next season or the one after, depending on what he decides [full nmc]

For that reason, Schneider who is Trouba's replacement stays and Trouba is the one who goes.

Rangers will have about 10M in cap space next year with Strome and Rooney as UFA’s and Kakko, Blais, Gauthier and Georgiev as RFA’s. They can’t afford Horvat unless there’s serious retention.

Even with retention, the dman they will move is Lundkvist, not Schneider. Quote me on this. Schneider is Trouba’s replacement. We don’t have a dmen of his ilk on the right side in our system.

Agree w/all of this 111% except:
- we can't afford Horvat even with retention.
- we are not moving Nils L either.
We are juggling until Trouba goes

Reactions: Tob

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Do you see Minnesota making a trade of significance this season?

No, not one that includes top prospects, as they haven't for the last two years, and as they haven't traded prospects or picks for short term players during Guerin's tenure. As Guerin has repeatedly said he's not going to sacrifice the future success of this franchise for success now, and as he has repeatedly said we're going to need these pieces (Addison, etc) to contribute on their cheap contracts through the dead cap years.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No, as they haven't for the last two years, and as they haven't traded prospects or picks for short term players during Guerin's tenure. As Guerin has repeatedly said he's not going to sacrifice the future success of this franchise for success now, and as he has repeatedly said we're going to need these pieces (Addison, etc) to contribute on their cheap contracts through the dead cap years.
Wonder if he’ll revisit that thesis if the Wild remain at the top of the standings.

your injury situation as it unfolds this season will also play a factor in that. The Wild will be a team to monitor as the TDL approaches. I don’t see any reason he’d jump to make a trade today. I’d agree with you there.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wonder if he’ll revisit that thesis if the Wild remain at the top of the standings.

your injury situation as it unfolds this season will also play a factor in that. The Wild will be a team to monitor as the TDL approaches. I don’t see any reason he’d jump to make a trade today.

He will not trade the top prospects for short term players.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He will not trade the top prospects for short term players.
Most GMs won’t trade top prospects for a rental. Too many of those trades looks like ass in hindsight.

But Miller isn’t a rental. And most teams aren’t looking at a few down years due to unprecedented dead money on their cap. Minnesota’s situation is unique in that regard.

your picks alone won’t be enough to get into the JT Miller tier of player trades.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Most GMs won’t trade top prospects for a rental. Too many of those trades looks like ass in hindsight.

But Miller isn’t a rental. And most teams aren’t looking at a few down years due to unprecedented dead money on their cap. Minnesota’s situation is unique in that regard.

your picks alone won’t be enough to get into the JT Miller tier of player trades.
Can you paint a picture that somehow makes millets not a rental for Minnesota?

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021

JT Miller will have several suitors. Vancouver has the leverage in moving him or not. So This isn’t a trade Minnesota wins. It’s one they make to win now before they are kissing depth and good players goodbye to pay Suter and Parise’s AAV penalty.

You are the same person saying Calen addison is a b level prospect right? Shows you know nothing about wild. Again Minnesota isn't paying that

Reactions: thestonedkoala

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021

Vancouver fans like yourself are hilarious. No one specifically Minnesota is adding much to fiala to get it. At least fiala makes a difference on his team

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I think we can all agree that a third team won't be involved to retain salary, and that the salaries of the players involved will be close. So it probably looks like either:
Rask/Greenway/prospects and/or picks
Fiala/prospect or pick

The Wild aren't sending all futures for any player and I would bet a paycheck that neither Rossi or Boldy is involved.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Futures for Miller still turns into Fiala for futures which ultimately ends up as Fiala for Miller. And then we still (probably) lose Miller.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Vancouver fans like yourself are hilarious. No one specifically Minnesota is adding much to fiala to get it. At least fiala makes a difference on his team
I’m not a Vancouver fan. I think Fiala is pretty darn good and I’m not sure trading him + for JT Miller makes the Wild ANY better. I’m not sure I’d trade Fiala for JT Miller straight-up.

and I’ve seen Addison play several times. He’s B level prospect. That guy is nothing special. He’s unimpressive defensively and his offense is modestly better than average. Good north south skater and he’s pretty small.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The problem with all these trades to the Rangers is they don't have the space to retain anyone. The Rangers cap situation is fairly restricted. They have a plan to make it all work with some flexibility involved but that flexibility is going to be needed to address future problems. They don't have the space to keep Buchnevich, they don't have the space to keep Strome, they're certainly not going to trade their most prized defensive prospect for Horvat.

The report about the Rangers being in the market for a middle 6 forward is overblown. They're looking for a 3rd line player that can move up to the 2nd line as needed to replace Blais for the season, not a top 6 player that will cost an arm and a leg. They didn't include Chytil or Schneider in the deal for Eichel before they re-upped Zibanejad, I don't think they will do that now that they've committed to Zibanejad.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I don’t. A first isn’t a first like it would be from a lesser team. A first when it transfers at ~27th OA isn’t particularly valuable. It’s pretty much a second round value. Addison is a B / B+ level prospect. Profiles as a 4-5 type. He’s not all that valuable on his own either. Nor is a ~50th OA pick in 2023. Its three kinda valuable pieces for one really valuable asset.

TJ Miller is a 1st line player for Minnesota and he’s got another year on his deal. He’s going to be pretty expensive to acquire.
Addison’s ceiling is easily higher than a 4-5 dman.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
I’m not a Vancouver fan. I think Fiala is pretty darn good and I’m not sure trading him + for JT Miller makes the Wild ANY better. I’m not sure I’d trade Fiala for JT Miller straight-up.

and I’ve seen Addison play several times. He’s B level prospect. That guy is nothing special. He’s unimpressive defensively and his offense is modestly better than average. Good north south skater and he’s pretty small.

This is so blatantly false and ignorant. You comment on everything Canucks, yet you aren't a Canucks fan? Goid thing your opinion doesn't mean Jack squat on Calen addison. Considering he's good enough to get a call for playoff games, play in it, never get penalty, and then get call up for injury this year.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
This season is pretty much lost. Canucks should fire Green, Baumgartner and King. Promote Shaw to interim HC and then hire 2 assistants that Julien (rumored coach they want) wants and then Hire Julien after the Olympics. JB and Weisbrod should get fired, hire a real President, a new GM and AGM. Now for the trades.

To Wild

Miller (50% retained from Canucks, 50% retained from Arizona)

To Arizona

Canucks 5th round pick(does it need to be 4th for about 1.3 retained?)

To Canucks

Rossi, Bjugstadt, 2022 2nd

Wild fans will talk about not wanting to give up Rossi, but you guys have a short window before buyouts cripple cap for a short period, Rossi is a season away and not guaranteed to be a difference maker as a rookie. Miller gives you a real shot to go deep with how the team is playing, and this trade strengthens the team as a whole.

2nd trade

To NYR

Horvat

The Canucks

Schneider, Chytil, 2022 3rd

Chytil replaces Horvat as 2c in a lost season and has potential, Schneider adds a RHD prospect with serious top 4 upside.

If Horvat is likely to extend after next season I would do that instead of trading, but if there is a strong chance he walks, trade now for maximum value.

Pass on both as a canucks fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad