GDT: 2/4/2016

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Que the Ducks are quietly heating up thread!

Ducks and Kings have pretty similar play styles, anahiem is one of the only teams in the league that can match the physicality of the Kings, would be another fun playoff series if they end up meeting again.

There would not be a winner...only a survivor.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Yotes got screwed there. Huge missed call on that slash.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
No wonder OEL is mad, that was a pretty clear slash to call, especially in OT.

Would you like to have rather seen the sequence where Anisimov nearly got the stick yanked out of his hands with 2 refs looking at it without a call? End of the day the refs were trash both ways I'm sure, but I saw it pretty egregiously as a Hawks fan tonight, can't speak for the Coyotes though.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't feel at all bad for the Yotes. MOst PPs in the league and always looking to the refs to bail them out. Bout time they get the bad end of a call.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Just evened out the earlier nonsense with that one.

Regardless, awful game for the zebras for both teams.

It evened out earlier when they called Tik for doing nothing. It was a clear even up call.

I do agree, though, they were bad all around. No favorites. You guys simply got it at the best possible time.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Would you like to have rather seen the sequence where Anisimov nearly got the stick yanked out of his hands with 2 refs looking at it without a call? End of the day the refs were trash both ways I'm sure, but I saw it pretty egregiously as a Hawks fan tonight, can't speak for the Coyotes though.

I just tuned in for the last bit of OT since I was watching the Stars game. I wasn't making commentary on the entire game, just that particular play. Take a breath, sir. The refs have been garbage all season, so it doesn't surprise me. :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lucic is actually very good at getting upset. Like when he broke his stick in game 5 of 2013 finals then lost his mind after canadiens won game 7

He's not wrong, though. a two-minute-minor for crosschecking in defense of Kopitar for a hit that looked potentially bad at game speed/first glance resulted in about 15 consecutive 'lol Lucic' posts.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Have to credit the Ducks for showing up and kicking the **** out of us, but I have no clue what the Kings are even doing tonight, no clue who these jokers in white are

They left on the Grammy trip already. Just shells playing out there. Oh and Ducks look really good.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
I just tuned in for the last bit of OT since I was watching the Stars game. I wasn't making commentary on the entire game, just that particular play. Take a breath, sir. The refs have been garbage all season, so it doesn't surprise me. :laugh:

Indeed they have. Gongshow is a high praise to the refs this season.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Reminds me of the Flyers - Leafs series in '03 and '04.

Absolute grindfests.

Oh man, I remember watching those...looked so exhausting and that's when I was a young man :laugh:

Kings have had some brutal ones with the Blues, Devils, and the Sharks, too. MOstly the Blues though, good god, those black and blue series' were fun.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They left on the Grammy trip already. Just shells playing out there. Oh and Ducks look really good.

YEah I'm not trying to discredit the Ducks, I'm probably one of the least-surprised people here, I've been pumping theirs and the Sharks' tires for the last month or so, everyone on this coast knew it was only a matter of time before the Pacific started catching fire. Just hate when the Kings oblige a rising opponent :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad