Pre-Game Talk: 2/27: Tampa @ Nashville - Drop the puck already

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I really have no idea. I assume there won't be a lot of rust, but I feel like I do every game. If our goaltending keeps us in the game, it's a coin flip at that point.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Stamkos will likely be back, Preds will need to get on the board early and often. This one may be ugly. The Bolts have scored 22 more goals than the Preds without Stamkos for two months and have allowed 35 less goals than the Preds for the year. Rust or not we need Rinne back if his hip is ready to go.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
The Preds will come out as flat as a flat iron skillet. I don't see it going well. They have not been that great at home this year and after a long time off i see a dud coming.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Stamkos will likely be back, Preds will need to get on the board early and often. This one may be ugly. The Bolts have scored 22 more goals than the Preds without Stamkos for two months and have allowed 35 less goals than the Preds for the year. Rust or not we need Rinne back if his hip is ready to go.

Trotz said he won't play Thursday

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Last I heard, Stamkos wasn't expected back 'till early-to-mid-March - he was aiming for March 8 or so.

EDIT: March 6. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444590
so I was right the first time, apparently

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Last I heard, Stamkos wasn't expected back 'till early-to-mid-March - he was aiming for March 8 or so.

EDIT: March 6. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444590
so I was right the first time, apparently

Yes this morning it was a CBS report I saw that he was seeing the doc today and was hopefull. and that coaching staff was optimistic he could return thur. But now the doc apt is over and does look to be the 6th of Mar.

http://msn.foxsports.com/florida/story/steven-stamkos-return-to-lightning-lineup-delayed-022414

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I expect alot of rust with this team being off for 2 weeks, will be lucky to get 1 goal.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I expect alot of rust with this team being off for 2 weeks, will be lucky to get 1 goal.

I thought about it too but it's nothing no other team isn't going through. We've been practicing for several days and our captain has been playing elite competition the whole time. We may lose and just simply be outplayed by a team that can score goals but I don't think rust is gonna be an issue.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Big win incoming! Feels like we haven't played in a year; just excited to get back into it. Would really love a playoff push from these guys right about now.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Big win incoming! Feels like we haven't played in a year; just excited to get back into it. Would really love a playoff push from these guys right about now.
I feel like it's opening night again. Lasers, gold out, plaza party, new opening video and special guest anthem singer.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I have more important issues than the all too common gloom and doom ......

98 Johnson white, 05-06 misspelled Hordi mustard, or 98 preseason Dominic Roussel for Thursday night? I can't decide.

The white may be my fave, but there's just something about that mustard...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00