Post-Game Talk: 2/27 Preds VS Tobias Fünke. WIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Carl Filip Anton Forsberg is good at hockey.

Seriously is there a way to see how many times a player has gotten 2 natty hattys in 3 games? I'm sure it happened plenty back in the day but still.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Carl Filip Anton Forsberg is good at hockey.

Seriously is there a way to see how many times a player has gotten 2 natty hattys in 3 games? I'm sure it happened plenty back in the day but still.

I think I saw that it was the shortest time between 2 natural hat tricks since 87-88.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I think I saw that it was the shortest time between 2 natural hat tricks since 87-88.

That's what was originally listed I believe, but nhl.com article says

... Forsberg became the first player from any team to earn multiple natural hat tricks in a span of three or fewer team games since 1986-87, when Petri Skriko did so in consecutive games with the Vancouver Canucks (Nov. 18 vs. CGY and Nov. 21 vs. NYR).

https://www.nhl.com/news/forsberg-zibanejad-each-deliver-natural-hat-tricks/c-279219098

That's before my daughter was born and she is almost 29!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Absolutely fantastic, perfect day in Smashville! :handclap:

Pekka and Filip....just wow. :amazed:

I just loved that the stl fans had NOTHING to cheer about. At all!

Before the game I was talking to a stl fan at the bar, we bonded over our hatred of the hawks, lol.

And at the game I had about 7 or 8 "bro" stl fans next to me. I could hear one of them getting pissed when Pekka drew that "goalie interference" call. I ended up sitting next to him for the second period and we talked for a good bit and I almost felt bad when we kept getting power plays. Almost. But I loved cheering for Filip's hattrick and some of Pekka's ridiculous saves. The stl guys were just silent. Like crickets, silent, not even cussing anymore. It was hilarious. Like I said, just a perfect day in Smashville! :yo:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Absolutely fantastic, perfect day in Smashville! :handclap:

Pekka and Filip....just wow. :amazed:

I just loved that the stl fans had NOTHING to cheer about. At all!

Before the game I was talking to a stl fan at the bar, we bonded over our hatred of the hawks, lol.

And at the game I had about 7 or 8 "bro" stl fans next to me. I could hear one of them getting pissed when Pekka drew that "goalie interference" call. I ended up sitting next to him for the second period and we talked for a good bit and I almost felt bad when we kept getting power plays. Almost. But I loved cheering for Filip's hattrick and some of Pekka's ridiculous saves. The stl guys were just silent. Like crickets, silent, not even cussing anymore. It was hilarious. Like I said, just a perfect day in Smashville! :yo:

STL fans must have annoyed a veteran ref with their "BLUES" instead of "brave" because the calls were -- well let's just say it wasn't the day to be trying to explain calls. Eh, it's happened to us, too...but it's nice that payback came with a bunch of their fans desperately wanting to take over our arena. If we had any STL fans in our section I didn't notice them because of all our goals and the hats flying. You're right. It was perfect. I want another one on Tuesday because I think people are well aware of how I feel about Dallas.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013
The Blues fans around me never did quiet down any. A lot of F you. F this city. F these refs. I sent a message via the Smashville app and the only response given was to tell my usher. Great, except my usher was using a motorized wheelchair so no way for them to walk up to where we were. I was disappointed in the response on that. Overall, it was a fun night.

Can we do it again tomorrow, please?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The Blues fans around me never did quiet down any. A lot of F you. F this city. F these refs.

It's ok. They were just mad that their team was awful and ultimately they'd have to actually leave a cool city and return to St. Louis.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The Blues fans around me never did quiet down any. A lot of F you. F this city. F these refs. I sent a message via the Smashville app and the only response given was to tell my usher. Great, except my usher was using a motorized wheelchair so no way for them to walk up to where we were. I was disappointed in the response on that. Overall, it was a fun night.

Can we do it again tomorrow, please?
I'm really surprised this didn't escalate into an altercation, but a group of Blues fans tried to make themselves feel better by chanting "STANDINGS! STANDINGS!" to which some people near me began chanting back "CITIES! CITIES!"

It's possible you were close to me. There were some pretty brotastic Blues fans near me and one of them about lost his **** after the interference call.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Where do y'all sit? The wild west section? :laugh:

Tell your ushers? What a laugh. They're not going to stop anything.

If those fans don't like the city, then don't come back. Problem solved.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Where do y'all sit? The wild west section? :laugh:

Tell your ushers? What a laugh. They're not going to stop anything.

If those fans don't like the city, then don't come back. Problem solved.

What is an usher in a wheelchair going to do? Our usher for 2/3 of the games this year and last year has been just that.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
That's my point. Doesn't matter if they're disabled or Slim Goodbody, they're not going to stop anything like that. The whole deal with the app reporting was I thought that they would send someone other than, "Tell your usher."

I've seen able bodied ushers just watch until people got to blows. Then a security team shows up.

Frankly, I don't know what the ushers role is other than holding the puck in play board and making sure people are seated in their correct seats.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That's my point. Doesn't matter if they're disabled or Slim Goodbody, they're not going to stop anything like that. The whole deal with the app reporting was I thought that they would send someone other than, "Tell your usher."

I've seen able bodied ushers just watch until people got to blows. Then a security team shows up.

Frankly, I don't know what the ushers role is other than holding the puck in play board and making sure people are seated in their correct seats.
You nailed it.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013

From what I've heard, they actually have to go through a security training class and be certified, but I've never seen them do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad