Post-Game Talk: 2/25/16 | Senators 3 @ Canucks 5 | Canucks eyeing up President's Trophy

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
It's such an emotional roller coaster being a fan right now. You want the loss but then you see Virtanen have a great game, you see guys like Etem and Vey doing well, you see their reactions and you can't help but feel good for them. The young guys are the ones you want to feed off positive energy and keep their chins up.

I guess I just want it both ways. I want the team to play well and have a game they can be proud of, but I want the ultimate result to be a loss.

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
Karlsson is anything but overrated. :laugh:

He deserves to be one of the highest paid players in the league.

no, he's really doesnt. He's a great defensemen, but he's not the hockey god Karlsson lovers make him out to be.

Ive lost count of the amount of times i've seen him languidly glide around in the defensive zone without a care in the world, pokechecking thin air. and dont tell me that he's such a smart and skilled player that he doesnt need to exert much effort!

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
mjRMUHc.png

Nice game from JV. 6 hits :yo:

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Great game, it looked like they might fold after giving up the lead but Bart put the team on his back and carried them to victory....lol
Did they show Benning in the press box? I only saw linden

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Great game, it looked like they might fold after giving up the lead but Bart put the team on his back and carried them to victory....lol
Did they show Benning in the press box? I only saw linden

Only linden and Lorne henning were there.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
well he made it through. showed he can play as many minutes as a team is going to need from him. Made some very good passes, jumped into the play. Few blips but otherwise a good game in my opinion.

He was great

Just scares me to do that right before the TDL.

English

Jul 30, 2009
This was a fun game, as have all the games where the kids are heavily involved been. Hutton is really coming into his own as a skilled defenceman, Horvat is a skilled bull, Virtanen is a skilled punisher (he's too casual sometimes, hope he works on that), and the whole line of Granlund, Vey, and Etem was great. I have hope for the future.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Stray thoughts...

Granlund - I thought he was largely good. The best elements of his game were on display - he's sneaky at finding openings and has good quickness to dart to and through them. Drove the net. Some of the rough parts of his game were evident as well; namely his lack of strength in one on one battles. But overall I thought it was a solid effort.

Etem/Vey were feast or famine. Had some dominating shifts in the offensive zone, and some defensive zone shifts where they got absolutely dominated.

Really liked Virtanen in this game. Bulled his way around, was authoritative in all zones and hit the scoresheet a few times. Full package on display.

Bartkowski - like Etem and Vey - was a tale of two games. Was dangerous for both teams tonight. Two laser beam goals, and some complete tire fires in his own end.

Dorsett has to be playing some of the worst, least disciplined hockey I have seen from a Canuck in recent memory. My goodness is he awful right now.

I thought Sbisa was really solid tonight. He really is pretty good on the PK.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Etem was extremely good . Stole this kid
They really did.....he's such an ideal btm 6 player and his best play has been in the playoffs. Just lightning wheels....when his game settles down a bit I see a Carl Hagelin clone.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
no, he's really doesnt. He's a great defensemen, but he's not the hockey god Karlsson lovers make him out to be.

Ive lost count of the amount of times i've seen him languidly glide around in the defensive zone without a care in the world, pokechecking thin air. and dont tell me that he's such a smart and skilled player that he doesnt need to exert much effort!

Karlsson is 4th in points. Not among defensemen, but overall. He literally has to do everything for his team.

He's pretty special.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Stray thoughts...

Granlund - I thought he was largely good. The best elements of his game were on display - he's sneaky at finding openings and has good quickness to dart to and through them. Drove the net. Some of the rough parts of his game were evident as well; namely his lack of strength in one on one battles. But overall I thought it was a solid effort.

Etem/Vey were feast or famine. Had some dominating shifts in the offensive zone, and some defensive zone shifts where they got absolutely dominated.

Really liked Virtanen in this game. Bulled his way around, was authoritative in all zones and hit the scoresheet a few times. Full package on display.

Bartkowski - like Etem and Vey - was a tale of two games. Was dangerous for both teams tonight. Two laser beam goals, and some complete tire fires in his own end.

Dorsett has to be playing some of the worst, least disciplined hockey I have seen from a Canuck in recent memory. My goodness is he awful right now.

I thought Sbisa was really solid tonight. He really is pretty good on the PK.

I like how effective he was even though this was one of the games where he wasn't keeping his feet moving. He's got a sky high ceiling if he can put it all together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad