GDT: 2/2/15 "Effort? What's That?" - Panthers vs. Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Also y the **** is thornton playing ? He shouled play only every few games when oppostion has a tough guy... flash or Upshall is much more usefull...

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I went tonight and thought we played pretty well for most of the game. Huby and Boyes were animals. A couple bad bounces and some weak calls against cost us. Better team won though.

Kopecky and especially Thornton do not belong in the NHL. For as much as anyone can criticize Flash or Upshall, there is no way Thornton should be playing instead of them.

Where the hell was Bjugstad and Jokinen? These two were invisible.

Tough loss. This season is definitely done.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Also y the **** is thornton playing ? He shouled play only every few games when oppostion has a tough guy... flash or Upshall is much more usefull...

Agree, He doesn't belong in the NHL. But our problems are bigger than Thornton.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I went tonight and thought we played pretty well for most of the game. Huby and Boyes were animals. A couple bad bounces and some weak calls against cost us. Better team won though.

Kopecky and especially Thornton do not belong in the NHL. For as much as anyone can criticize Flash or Upshall, there is no way Thornton should be playing instead of them.

Where the hell was Bjugstad and Jokinen? These two were invisible.

Tough loss. This season is definitely done.

Bjugstad has 4 goals in his last 21 games.

Hes not gonna score more then 20-25 a season if he is this streaky every year.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Correct me if im off, but didnt Goldie say in the 3rd period that the Panthers are on pace for the 3rd biggest point increase for any team from last year to this year?

Food for thought

On pace, yeah. But it looks like we're slumping hard and going ot be losing a lot more games than winning. I think the pace was like 90 points. I think we'll be around 80 when season is done.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
But its not... they r better and improving... how is that going by the wayside? It's the most important thing to happen and It is

we're seeing the same old mistakes being made. we were improved for the 1st 40 games, but now we're back to our old selves

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I'm not worried about Bjugstad.

He comes from a family of hockey and from everything I've read it doesn't seem like he's a guy who wanted to cash in and coast. He's progressing every year offensively at an acceptable rate. I think he's still needs time to bulk up and realize that he has the frame to dominate a good amount of players in the offensive zone if he keeps on working on his game.

Same with Barkov and Huberdeau to an extent. They'll be fine. They weren't nhl 60+ point players out of the gate but I see enough to see them hitting that mark in the near future. Would help if our vet acquisitions are better than Jokinen and Thornton at wing.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I'm not worried about Bjugstad.

He comes from a family of hockey and from everything I've read it doesn't seem like he's a guy who wanted to cash in and coast. He's progressing every year offensively at an acceptable rate. I think he's still needs time to bulk up and realize that he has the frame to dominate a good amount of players in the offensive zone if he keeps on working on his game.

Same with Barkov and Huberdeau to an extent. They'll be fine. They weren't nhl 60+ point players out of the gate but I see enough to see them hitting that mark in the near future. Would help if our vet acquisitions are better than Jokinen and Thornton at wing.

Barkov has all the tools to hit 75-80 points in this league might not be every year but its gonna happen im pretty sure of that..

I can see Huby toping out at 60-65 :)

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Barkov has all the tools to hit 75-80 points in this league might not be every year but its gonna happen im pretty sure of that..

I can see Huby toping out at 60-65 :)

I agree. That's his ceiling.
If he can stay healthy and get a better scoring winger than Brad Boyes I could see that in a couple years.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
As rough as Bjugstad's play has been recently, playing a guy like Jimmy Hayes on his line is stupid. They're both shoot-first players.

That Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Hayes line did well.

I think Hayes and Bjugstad can work. Bjugstad fires a laser at the goalie and then Hayes tries to score a rebound goal/screen goalie. The issue is keeping the puck in the offensive zone for that to even get set up.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Huberdeau playing on Bjugstad's wing, Bjugstad is playing great. Huberdeau moves to Barkov's wing, Barkov picks up production dramatically, Bjugstad's slows down significantly.

Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad