Not open for further replies.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Where was Chucky last night ?
Did we see much from Benett ?
Was Lundells name mentioned all night ?
Maybe Forsling ? Montour ?
Yes a bit of Barkov, lomby for sure some Verhege and some Rheinhart

What my point is we have so many players that are super talented that seem to be no shows sometimes all night long. You’re in the ECF you can’t afford to be a no show. Ok maybe you were not on your game, overmatched but there are too many times I sit back the next day and say to myself “where was that guy and that guy. And Chucky there is a critical need that he is consistent the whole club ignites when he is visible.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Our offense is abysmal now.

last four games:
1 goal
2 goal
3 goals (one was own and one was empty net)
1 goal
We only have one line that can be counted on to score.

First line is dead with Tank on LW. Should be 3rd line RW.

Second line looks great.

Third line won't score, but can at least cycle, etc.

Fourth looks fine, but can't be relied on.

Need to throw the lines in the blender.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I think home ice impact is overrated. I mean, look at our record at home vs on the road! Not too different, if anything we were complaining for a while how shit we were at home
Yeah we aren’t that great at home, but from the Rangers perspective, I think they aren’t as good on the road, I admit I haven’t looked into it

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
This quote from Maurice. For those that get worried when the Rangers look like they're outplaying us, they're going to do that at times. We weren't going to sweep them and we weren't going to dominate them consistently like in Game 1. Both teams are pretty even, I think we're just a bit better in every category, so it'll work out over a seven game series. I'll bet Panthers feel the same way, you win some and you lose some. If they play well in a loss, well so be it.

“When I’m not berserk, I like the game of hockey. It was up and down the ice, and even in the first 10 minutes, you know that it’s going to look like that very early, so it’s not that they’re on you, it’s are we handling it right? Like you didn’t see anybody try to break the game open in the first 10 minutes, there wasn’t any stretch bullshit, we didn’t try ‘oh my God we’re under siege, let’s do something we haven’t done for the last two years.’

“Sometimes you have to block punches. You can’t be throwing and swinging all the time, so I thought we played pretty good with that.”

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
We only have one line that can be counted on to score.

First line is dead with Tank on LW. Should be 3rd line RW.

Second line looks great.

Third line won't score, but can at least cycle, etc.

Fourth looks fine, but can't be relied on.

Need to throw the lines in the blender.
I thought Tank played well last night. Him on third does nothing same with Rino. Those guys do not create and need someone to carry the line.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Somebody needs to bury those prime chances. For once, Tank with an absolutely perfect give and go with Barky, and Barky rings it off the post, Lombo, Lundell, Monty... could have won.
Both NYR goals looked "weird" and lucky.

Can't stand Trocheck, Kuli please take care of him as you did with Rempe and Wennberg

whitefang

May 5, 2024
Iona, FL
Dumpey didn’t have any effect on the game. The Rags were jacked not to lose and our guys were content with the split. Hopefully that doesn’t haunt them later.

Kuli lit Dumpey up and he landed on his ass. It would be nice if Dumpey was called for all his late hits, but I’m not losing sleep waiting for the call
LMAO @ that hit that put him on his ass and into the boards

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
As a panther fan, I feel we are in a good place as of today, we took the first game, we have played them really well limiting their chances, the PK has been great, Bobrosky have been fantastic, we took them to overtime, our defense has been great, chances are sporadic, and Kuli put Rempe on his a$$, I feel very confident right now.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Ferraro: " the Rangers have not had a shot in 11 minutes of play" ( SpongeBob voice": A few minutes later...) "The Rangers have completely taken over the game" I think I just got a whiplash!

• Haha
Reactions: 16Skippy

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Kinda bummed, I guess they aren’t doing that Road to the Cup series this year. I love all those BTS footage on there.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
btw.. Was it noticed that Forsling was highstick on the first goal and thats the only reason Trocheck was free? Bottom left

Even though my Caps team was swept, they had to deal with noncall crap just like this against the Rangers. The Rangers are gonna get the benefit of the officiating helping them as they haven't won the Cup since '94. I hope the Panthers can overcome this BS and send the Rangers home golfing.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I can't really complain. They played about as well as a road playoff game against top competition as you could play. If not for one bad play by Verhaeghe, they might have shut the Rangers out again.

Hopefully they can generate some more offense at home. I know they've had a couple of missteps at home this year. But that's irrelevant now. You have to do what you have to do. If they can just avoid losing focus at home for a stretch and win their home games, they will make it out of this round.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
We could’ve played better sure, but I don’t think that effort was terribly far off from game 1. We’re facing a heavyweight team.

Obviously I’d love to win both home games coming up, but I’ll take a split as well. Guarantees us at least one more home game (Game 6).

Would like to see more from Reinhart and Tarasenko. They haven’t been bad but they have another gear that we haven’t seen much of so far this series.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
As a panther fan, I feel we are in a good place as of today, we took the first game, we have played them really well limiting their chances, the PK has been great, Bobrosky have been fantastic, we took them to overtime, our defense has been great, chances are sporadic, and Kuli put Rempe on his a$$, I feel very confident right now.
Napolean felt confident too……….

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Im more confident than i felt after the game 4 tampa loss and game 1 boston loss

But this really did feel like it shouldve been a win and against this type of team any game you should've won will prob bite us in the ass

Also for whatever reason were worse at home, so that sucks

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Since we dictate match ups at home,

I'd like Luostarinen Lundell and Reino reunited to go against the Trocheck line.

We need to expose their bottom 6 a bit. They don't really do much. Let one of Bennett and or Barky go against Zib and free up the others.

I don't know what to do with Tarasenko though. He feels too slow for this series and not physical enough to be a hard forechecker. He just seems empty

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Since we dictate match ups at home,

I'd like Luostarinen Lundell and Reino reunited to go against the Trocheck line.

We need to expose their bottom 6 a bit. They don't really do much. Let one of Bennett and or Barky go against Zib and free up the others.

I don't know what to do with Tarasenko though. He feels too slow for this series and not physical enough to be a hard forechecker. He just seems empty
Tank is rocksolid defensively and is good at shotblocking. It is natural to expect some offense from him with his pedigree. He is far from being a liability, does not drive the play at all though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad