GDT: #2 - 01/20/2013 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt2.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2013 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #2 - 1/20/2013

@
(1-0-0) ____________ (0-1-0)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, ROOT SPORTS, NHL NET

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - MyP2P - STREAMO | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@PIT 4/5/12 - NHL.com - Rangers.com - Penguins.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN.com - TSN.ca

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleaguea.png

JANUARY SCHEDULE:

januaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

When you make a save like that, you want it to be the difference.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We had a slow start, there was a lot of energy in the building.
The 1st period was a bit rusty, but after that I thought we came back and played hard, but we have to finish and score goals.
- Rick Nash

I believe a lot of our guys will play better tomorrow.
- John Tortorella

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PITTSBURGH PENGUINS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 1 | GF | 3
W | 1 | GA | 1
L | 0 | GF/G | 3.00
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 1.00
Pts | 2 | PP% | 66.7
HOME | 0-0-0 | PK% | 100.0
AWAY | 1-0-0 | FO% | 56.4
STREAK | W1 | PIM/G | 10.0

Division | 1st
Conference | 3rd
League | 6th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | James Neal | 1 Assists | Paul Martin | 2 Points | Paul Martin | 2 + / - | Matt Niskanen | +1 Shots | James Neal | 7 Hits | Matt Cooke | 7 Blocks | Martin, Orpik | 3 PIM | Evgeni Malkin | 2 FO% | Sidney Crosby | 65.0 TOI/G F: | Sidney Crosby | 19:00 TOI/G D: | Kris Letang | 27:03

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Chris Kunitz | Sidney Crosby (C) | Pascal Dupuis Eric Tangradi | Evgeni Malkin (A) | James Neal Matt Cooke | Brandon Sutter | Tyler Kennedy Tanner Glass | Joe Vitale | Craig Adams

LD | RD
Matt Niskanen | Kris Letang Brooks Orpik (A) | Paul Martin Simon Despres | Deryk Engelland

Scratched
Robert Bortuzzo|
Ben Lovejoy|
Dustin Jeffrey|

STARTING GOALIE:

0296.gif

Tomas Vokoun

GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OT: 0
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

None |

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 1 | GF | 1
W | 0 | GA | 3
L | 1 | GF/G | 1.00
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 3.00
Pts | 0 | PP% | 0.0
HOME | 0-0-0 | PK% | 100.0
AWAY | 0-1-0 | FO% | 39.0
STREAK | L1 | PIM/G | 24.0

Division | 5th
Conference | 11th
League | 17th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Brad Richards | 1 Assists | Rick Nash | 1 Points | Brad Richards | 1 + / - | Carl Hagelin | +1 Shots | Michael Del Zotto | 3 Hits | Brian Boyle | 4 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 3 PIM | Bickel, Rupp | 5 FO% | Derek Stepan | 50.0 TOI/G F: | Brad Richards | 21:47 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 24:27

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Brad Richards (A) | Carl Hagelin Marian Gaborik | Derek Stepan | Ryan Callahan (C) Chris Kreider | Brian Boyle | Taylor Pyatt Mike Rupp | Jeff Halpern | Arron Asham

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman Michael Del Zotto | Stu Bickel

Scratched
Matt Gilroy|
Steve Eminger|

STARTING GOALIE:

2585.gif

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 1 | W: 0 | L: 1 | OT: 0
SV% .912 | GAA: 3.05 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Mike Sauer | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

banner2av.png

Heads Up: The GDT is work in progress.

Last edited:

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I think we'll win tomorrow and shut everyone who's freaking out up. Can't wait to be at MSG tomorrow, the building will be rocking.

Kershaw

Obviously hoping for a better effort on home ice.

However, the Penguins seemed to manhandle us last year. Watching Boyle try to cover Malkin was a sad sight indeed. I don't like our chances, we just don't match up well with them.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pens fan here. Vokoun is allegedly starting for us. Thought you might want to know.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Obviously hoping for a better effort on home ice.

However, the Penguins seemed to manhandle us last year. Watching Boyle try to cover Malkin was a sad sight indeed. I don't like our chances, we just don't match up well with them.
If we get mandled two days in a row i will wish the lockout continued lol

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Vokoun is playing, so hopefully that plays into our favor. They have to play smart defensively. Contain Malkin and Crosby and you win the game. Won't be easy though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
First of all, thank the good lord above Vokoun is starting. Fleury is Bruce Willis against the Rangers.

Now for the Rangers, where to begin...

Derek Stepan: You might want to try actually....um, playing hockey.

Marian Gaborik: Stop sucking

Marc Staal: Ditto

Carl Hagelin: Your head belongs on your shoulders, not up your ass.

Ryan Callahan: Can you take faceoffs? Like all of them?

Brad Richards: Could you NOT take faceoffs? Like any of them?

Stu Bickel: Just keep breaking noses. Mostly because the 5 minute intervals when you aren't on the ice are crucial to the team's success.

Torts: If Stramlman is getting zero PP time then what's the ****ing point because let's be honest he's not Rod Langway in his own end.

Sullivan: Retire.

Hank: Forgive the sins of those in front of you and don't send them to the other place.

Ok I'm done coaching.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
First of all, thank the good lord above Vokoun is starting. Fleury is Bruce Willis against the Rangers.

Now for the Rangers, where to begin...

Derek Stepan: You might want to try actually....um, playing hockey.

Marian Gaborik: Stop sucking

Marc Staal: Ditto

Carl Hagelin: Your head belongs on your shoulders, not up your ass.

Ryan Callahan: Can you take faceoffs? Like all of them?

Brad Richards: Could you NOT take faceoffs? Like any of them?

Stu Bickel: Just keep breaking noses. Mostly because the 5 minute intervals when you aren't on the ice are crucial to the team's success.

Torts: If Stramlman is getting zero PP time then what's the ****ing point because let's be honest he's not Rod Langway in his own end.

Sullivan: Retire.

Hank: Forgive the sins of those in front of you and don't send them to the other place.

Ok I'm done coaching.

Let me add to this,

STOP WITH THE ****ING BLIND PASSES, AND QUIT TRYING TO USE THE BOARDS EVERY TIME! :rant:

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Halpern needs to do better on draws. Hell, everyone does.

Also, is Asham coming back in tomorrow?

Kershaw

I am definitely on board with Callahan at C experiment. He could make the perfect 2nd line center.

Kershaw

Good luck to you guys. Never hated the Rangers as much as the Flyers :D

Unfortunately, I feel the majority of the board doesn't feel the same way about the Penguins.

I suggest not viewing this game day thread, especially after a call against the Rangers involving Crosby or Malkin. It's pretty ugly.

And I feel the same for Penguins. I cheered for them in 08 and 09, but now that they won, I can't cheer for them anymore. Good luck rest of the way, I have you guys as the favorites.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Still trying to figure out if the ref today in the Flyers game called a penalty for Cross-checking or Crosby-checking. Was difficult to make out but my understanding was the latter is typically 5 minutes. :laugh:;)

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The goals we didn't score tonight, we new to score tomorrow. 6-1 Rangers.

Okay, maybe 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad