GDT: #2 ⋅ ANA @ VGK ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
I said it a ton last year. Zegras before he got hurt was so important for the ducks getting out of their own zone when he was on the ice. He just understands how to help on the half wall up to the blue line to help first pass out from dmen.

Reactions: Static and Deuce22

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
You think would be defensively responsible with a line of Cutter-Leo-Z?

I say try it and see what happens.

Probably not, but we're already running one of those with the Strome line.

Leo and Cutter want to go though, and if Killorn is not up to the pace, I want someone else up with them who can play their game.

Reactions: KelVarnsen

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Nice having Dumoulin’s experience back there. You can tell he knows how to play winning defensive hockey. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he led the Pens in ice time for dmen one of the seasons they won a cup.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So our defensive plan is to be passive at the points and hope our young dmen win battles in the crease? That seems smart?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Strome a little lackadaisical there. He will figure out the speed of the NHL in a year or two I assume.

IMG_3911.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ducks DVM

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So our defensive plan is to be passive at the points and hope our young dmen when battles in the crease? That seems smart?
Same as on the PK, not a fan of it at all. Even if we had big bruisers on the back end, we should be pressuring the points more IMO.

Reactions: Static

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad