Confirmed with Link: 1st round - #5OA - D Noah Hanifin - Boston College

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I also like that he said "I hope I don't get passed by this team" when we were up to pick. Perhaps he actually did want to get chosen by us? I must say, this makes me question his sanity :sarcasm:

I took that line as more of a "Well, I was the supposed 3rd best player in the draft, and almost guaranteed Top 5. So I hope Carolina doesn't pass on me, because then it means I screwed up in the combine/interviews somehow."

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I also like that he said "I hope I don't get passed by this team" when we were up to pick. Perhaps he actually did want to get chosen by us? I must say, this makes me question his sanity :sarcasm:

20120524205245444248.jpg

#carolinagirlsarethegreatestintheworld

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Watched many many Boston College games this year. I am very very jealous of Hurricane fans. Just so calm and collected, never makes a bad play

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'm slightly drunk and don't want to go to bed, so here's a thread map (complete with commentary):

Page 1 - Noah Hanifin. Picture of Noah Hanifin. Also, OMFG WE GOT HANIFIN!!!
Page 2 - Better watch those NCAA boys. The blue chip ones are known to not be loyal to their draft teams. Otherwise, OMFG WE GOT HANIFIN!!!
Page 3 - Hanifin says he's from Boston, thus is blue collar. My impression is that Boston itself is split pretty evenly between blue and white collar, but most of the surrounding towns are blue collar. Anyway, he's from Norwood. Checks out. Also, plz don't go back to school. Also, OMFG WE GOT HANIFIN!!! Also, CI admits he's a virgin.
Page 4 - Noah Hanifin is actually Noah of biblical fame. This concerns me. Are we all about to die in a flood? Can I get on that ark with the Canes logo? Will my Canes license plate curry favor with Noah and/or God? Also, apparently both Hanifin and Wisniewski want to play here? Cool! Then again, this is the hockey world. Nobody shoots from the hip. Who knows. They're probably full of ****. Also, outsiders confirm Noah is God. Now the story of the ark doesn't make any sense. Hurricanes fandom confirmed as cause of PTSD.
Page 5 - Does he play immediately, or do we let him develop? I say let him develop. Don't **** him up. Skinner must die. Also, Skinner is already dead, he just doesn't know it yet. Apparently a spot in the NHL roster is Hanifin's to lose. Also there's a video where, at 1:28, he says "I hope I don't get passed by this team." His mannerism and tone say "Strome and Marner went ahead of me. I hope I don't keep falling. Also, :rolleyes:"
Page 6 - Beautiful Norwegian woman... for whatever reason. Did my own research, can confirm she is Norwegian. Can also confirm she is even more beautiful than she is Norwegian. Can further confirm that Google has search capabilities that are both mind-boggling and terrifying.

I love HF. Thank you for all that you do.

Also, OMFG WE GOT HANIFIN!!! Seriously pumped, as long as that comment in the video isn't indicative of another Jack Johnson scenario.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
According to Google's reverse image search, she's a blogger from Norway.

#norwegiangirlsarethegreatestintheworld?

#norwayposer

I'll see your "Carolina Girl" wannabe and raise you this

500af174a881636dd779f877319f51a0.jpg

In either case, there's a good reason for an 18 year old young man to want to be a Cane.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I know you guys are joking, but Fluery wears #4 in Red Deer, if anyone was wondering why the switch.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He got really salty. First about the idea that Hanifin was the best available defenseman in the draft, then about the idea that Marner is a "creampuff" player.

Guy seems to take things way too personally.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/leafs-lunch-hour-2-1.321129

Listen to the angry caller at 6:30. More glorious commentary from Craig Button on Hanifin. Zach Werenski is better than Hanifin, and a lot of NHL teams don't buy that he is the #1 defenseman this draft. :)

This is classic Aftermath fodder. I just wish we could hear "If you're the Toronto Maple Leafs".

Yeah Craig, that's why everyone and their mother were trying to trade up to #3 to get him. You ****ing dolt.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
WTF did Hanifin do to Craig Button?

Button was talking crap about him (mainly about limited offensive upside) when he was picked during the draft as well, Mckenzie politely disagreed, but it seemed like he was getting annoyed as well.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I loved his rankings as the draft, because you could tell he just pulled them out of his ass.

Hanifin had a bunch of 2/5 and 3/5 ratios in his ranking, while guys at the bottom 3rd of the 1st round had 4/5 across the board. :laugh:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I wish I had the clip, but Button said Hanifan had very limited creativity in the offensive zone and the highlight package showed him dangle a guy on the goal line and then go top shelf with no angle.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I wish I had the clip, but Button said Hanifan had very limited creativity in the offensive zone and the highlight package showed him dangle a guy on the goal line and then go top shelf with no angle.

The production crew probably thinks that Button is a moron as well.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I loved his rankings as the draft, because you could tell he just pulled them out of his ass.

Hanifin had a bunch of 2/5 and 3/5 ratios in his ranking, while guys at the bottom 3rd of the 1st round had 4/5 across the board. :laugh:

Ya that was pretty hilarious. I forced my girlfriend, who knows nothing about hockey and has no interest in it, to watch the draft and I obviously got really excited when we got Hanifin. She saw Button's ratings and flat out said "what's so special about him?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad