NFL Draft: 1st overall pick in 2020 NFL Draft (Tracker)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With the playoff threads up mine as well bring this back (We have had it last few years)

Bengals = 0-9
Redskins = 1-8
Giants = 2-8
Falcons = 2-7
Jets = 2-7
Dolphins = 2-7
Broncos = 3-6
Browns = 3-6
Tampa Bay = 3-6
Cards = 3-6-1
Lions = 3-5-1

The Bengals are trainwreck but so are Skins so the #1 is still very much up in air

What could be interesting is who lands at #1-3 because teams picking in top 3 could get a major haul in trade from QB needy teams this year (If they are not needy themselves)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With the playoff threads up mine as well bring this back (We have had it last few years)

Bengals = 0-9
Redskins = 1-8
Giants = 2-8
Falcons = 2-7
Jets = 2-7
Dolphins = 2-7
Broncos = 3-6
Browns = 3-6
Tampa Bay = 3-6
Cards = 3-6-1
Lions = 3-5-1

The Bengals are trainwreck but so are Skins so the #1 is still very much up in air

What could be interesting is who lands at #1-3 because teams picking in top 3 could get a major haul in trade from QB needy teams this year (If they are not needy themselves)
You'd have to get a big haul if you're going to pass up on Chase Young, a big time pass rusher to add extra picks.

Jets gave up 3 extra 2nd round picks to go from 6 to 3 to grab Darnold (but likely didn't expect him to be there).

Miami, Denver, TB the most likely to want to move up for a QB, unless Miami truly covets Lawrence and will tank again next season. Denver, we'll see what Lock is able to do once he comes off IR in the final 5 games or so of the season for Denver. TB, is it truly time to say goodbye to Winston?

member 157595

If Bengals get the #1 pick they'll take Burrow. Not saying they should, but they will.
Giants would run to the podium and knock old women over like George Costanza escaping a fire in order to pick Young.
I gave up attempting to predict what Dan Snyder's Dysfunction Brigade would do a long time ago.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Something like this (not that I agree).

1. Bengals - Burrow
2. Redskins - Young
3. Jets - Thomas
4. Dolphins - Tua
5. Falcons - Epenesa

As a Bucs fan I hope for Okudah.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Cinci about to open up a 2 game lead lead in the race for the 1st overall pick. U have to think they go QB, but do they trade out of the spot or stay at 1 and take instate star chase young?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
With the Redskins winning today and the Bengals losing, Cincinnati is now firmly in control of the 1st overall pick, having 0 wins while everyone else has at least 2. Though the Bengals have quite a few easy games left on their schedule so it could still change.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don’t think there’s any chance whatsoever that the Bengals won’t take a QB. I doubt Dalton plays another game for them and Finley shows no signs of being a NFL QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t think there’s any chance whatsoever that the Bengals won’t take a QB. I doubt Dalton plays another game for them and Finley shows no signs of being a NFL QB.
If neither Burrow nor Herbert are considered franchise QB's, then maybe it is better to take Young. Next year's QB class has Lawrence, Fields.

Teams with QB questions heading into the off-season would be:

Chargers - move off Rivers or at least draft a guy to sit behind him next season
Broncos - likely won't get enough of a look at Drew Lock to determine if he's their guy next season
Bengals - Dalton is done and Finley hasn't done enough yet
Jaguars - I suspect Foles gets next season
Titans - moving off Mariotta, but not sure what they do with Tanny. Not in a position to land a rookie starting QB.
Bears - move off Trubisky?
Bucs - moving off Winston.
Panthers - if they move off Newton, can they land a QB with more upside than Allen?

Newton, Bridgewater, then Winston, Mariotta, Flacco, Dalton, Tannehill headline the veteran QBs that seem likely to move on and could play musical chairs in the off-season.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Teams with QB questions heading into the off-season would be:
Titans - moving off Mariotta, but not sure what they do with Tanny... seem likely to move on and could play musical chairs in the off-season.

I don't follow Tennessee much, but Tannehill is winning games, putting up nice stats, & revitalizing the Titans over the last month.

What kind of contract is Tannehill on (?) I've always liked his game, not sure why Tennessee would wanna let him go, but I'm unaware of their $ situation & Tannehill's contract.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Ryan Tannehill is the kind of QB you have to improve on if you want your team to have success.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's looking like the Bengals will get #1. Hope they win at least one game for this poor coach.
Best chance might be the Miami game.

This draft, will be interesting to see how high the QBs go. How elite do teams think Burrow/Herbert/Tua will be (with Tua coming off 3 surgeries in 2 years as a starter).
Chase Young, elite DE pass rusher.
Thomas, LT from Georgia to protect your QB.
If teams trade down from the spot where you can grab one of these 2 key positions, they'd better get a huge return.

Recent QB trades to gage the cost to move up:
Jets/Colts - Indy dropped 3 spots to still secure the best OL in the draft in Nelson. Added 3 second round picks.
Bucs/Bills - Bucs dropped 5 spots down and added 2 second round picks.
Cards/Raiders - Raiders dropped 5 spots down, added a 3rd and 5th round picks.
Wentz/Goff - cost Philly/LAR an extra 1st plus other picks to move up to grab them.

Winless Bengals need a QB.
Giants/Redskins (2 wins) drafted a QB last year in Jones/Haskins. Are either going to pull an AZ and move off their guy for another QB this year? Don't see it. Especially, now that Tua is coming off a serious injury. But, again, both are in need of top end DE and LT. So, they need a big return to not grab one of those guys.
Dolphins (2 wins). Need a QB. But are they losing for Lawrence or Failing for Fields? If either Young/Thomas are on the board and they are tanking next season, then taking one of those key positions may be the way to go if they don't view any of the available QBs as elite. Could drop down if those 2 guys are off the board if a team wants to trade up for a QB. Or if they view Tua as being able to fully recover, could take him.

Broncos and Falcons have 3 wins. Denver at best get 5 games to assess Lock. Falcons, still have Ryan on term. If Tua falls, could see Denver taking him. Atlanta, could very well trade down and add extra picks.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
What once looked like a very deep QB class seems to have a lot more questions now.
Herbert & Tua both scare me
(Tua based on injuries)
Not sure if I'd want the Chargers to take either.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What once looked like a very deep QB class seems to have a lot more questions now.
Herbert & Tua both scare me
(Tua based on injuries)
Not sure if I'd want the Chargers to take either.
If they fall in the draft to them I’d would take one. Sit them behind rivers. I would not trade up for either guy.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
If they fall in the draft to them I’d would take one. Sit them behind rivers. I would not trade up for either guy.

Honestly don't think Rivers is there next season. He may retire, the team may choose to move on but either way I don't think he's in LA next year.
Tyrod is okay as a stopgap option. Idk I'll have to do more research into this years class but from what I've seen I'd be pretty nervous taking either of those guys in early-mid first.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Honestly don't think Rivers is there next season. He may retire, the team may choose to move on but either way I don't think he's in LA next year.
Tyrod is okay as a stopgap option. Idk I'll have to do more research into this years class but from what I've seen I'd be pretty nervous taking either of those guys in early-mid first.
QBs always get pushed up in the draft.

chargers likely are picking in the 11-14 range. Doubt either guy lasts until then. So you likely don’t have to worry unless of course they are looking to trade up for one of them.

If the other QBs that have been talked about, season from UW needs another year like Herbert did last year. Fromm his numbers this year are not that great. Limited upside. Would be a decent starter but needs a good support group. But not someone you would want to pay $30 mill per to. Both guys would likely be better off returning to school.
Love, he’s raw, but talented. Need patience to work with him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't follow Tennessee much, but Tannehill is winning games, putting up nice stats, & revitalizing the Titans over the last month.

What kind of contract is Tannehill on (?) I've always liked his game, not sure why Tennessee would wanna let him go, but I'm unaware of their $ situation & Tannehill's contract.

He's on a one year, $7M contract.

As for the QBs, I feel like every year is hyped up as a big QB draft year. And every year, people are let down throughout the college season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's looking like the Bengals will get #1. Hope they win at least one game for this poor coach.

Bengals get the Jets this week, the Browns twice, and the Dolphins. One of those teams will blow it.

He's on a one year, $7M contract.

As for the QBs, I feel like every year is hyped up as a big QB draft year. And every year, people are let down throughout the college season.
It is because they always expect QB’s to take giant leaps forward and dominate all season and look like they’re too good for college football and that’s just not how it works

Reactions: mouser

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't know why, but this feels like the 2013 draft where the top picks aren't as good as the year before or after and a lot of the top 10/15 are going to be average players/disappointments.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don't know why, but this feels like the 2013 draft where the top picks aren't as good as the year before or after and a lot of the top 10/15 are going to be average players/disappointments.
only because Tua is hurt he would easily be a franchise QB if healthy and coming out.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Feels more like 2014, where there isn't a consensus top QB and the best player in the draft is an edge rusher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad