Value of: 1st or 2nd LW to MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Even Stephen Desrocher a 6th rder from that same draft out pointed Juulsen by a significant margin and he's in the Leafs mid/late 30's in terms of prospect rankings. He probably won't even get a contract lol

the most pure stat watcher in these boards. Congrats! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Many habs fans were willing to trade pick 9 for JVR
now they are attached to their prospect though so they feel Sergachev>>>JVR. not even close.

Juulsen + a 2nd? leafs laugh and block the habs number. kid couldnt even make the world junior team and had a miserable draft+1

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
now they are attached to their prospect though so they feel Sergachev>>>JVR. not even close.

Juulsen + a 2nd? leafs laugh and block the habs number. kid couldnt even make the world junior team and had a miserable draft+1

In all fairness, I don't think many of them expected Sergachev to go that low.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
These 'great' leaf prospect dmen discussions in regard to Juulsen remind me of the great Pogge/Price debate from a few years back.

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Don't want Cammelleri.
Hartnell is ok if cheap.
If we are keeping Patches, then we need a 2LW who can play 1LW if needed.
I've said JVR would be a great fit for years, and if TO is interested in Beaulieu then maybe something could be worked out.
I'd love to get Landeskog, but don't think Colorado is interested in moving him.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Fair enough for the Beaulieu for JVR idea. Didn't think you had enough depth on LD as well. We have a few RD, but nothing substiantial the Leafs could actually use. Not like you want a bottom pairing RD either, like Pateryn and such.

Beaulieu or Juulsen are both LD, so the Leafs wouldn't really need them. But I think Beaulieu + a low 1st/early 2nd is fair for JVR. What was the condition for the 2nd in the next year though ?

Actually, that's not entirely true. The same Habs fans oppose to every single trade all the time and always undervalue the other team's players, no matter what... or overvalue ours. And these posters were also against JVR for 9th, when many other Habs fans were in favor. Aside from the usual ones, I think you could find at least some agreeing on Beaulieu + low 1st + conditional 2nd 2018 for JVR, depending on the condition.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Even Stephen Desrocher a 6th rder from that same draft out pointed Juulsen by a significant margin and he's in the Leafs mid/late 30's in terms of prospect rankings. He probably won't even get a contract lol

:laugh:

Juulsen had 3 points (1G-2A) in the 1st game on the rookie tournament today.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
JVR is worth late 1st + 2x2nd on the trade deadline. Comparable is Pomminville to Minnesota.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
JVR is worth late 1st + 2x2nd on the trade deadline. Comparable is Pomminville to Minnesota.

that would be a bit pricey. have to wait to see if jvr is gonna hang out with lupul at the infirmary this year or play.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Huh? Pominville is 6 years older and wasn't productive at all last year. Seems he's past his prime. If they were the same age I could see the comparison.

Last edited:

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Huh? Pominville is 6 years older and wasn't productive at all last year. Seems he's past his prime. If they were the same age I could see the comparison.

:yo::yo: Bit holiday mood?

Pominville was last traded in 2012 TDL. For 1st + bunch of gadgets, total value approximately 1st+2x2nd.

1st line winger. 1 year left until UFA. Scoring between 25-30 goals a season. Sound like anyone familiar?

His current trade value is negative, 4 seasons later.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Pominville was last traded in 2012 TDL. For 1st + bunch of gadgets, total value approximately 1st+2x2nd.

1st line winger. 1 year left until UFA. Scoring between 25-30 goals a season. Sound like anyone familiar?

Oh, gotcha. I see that.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC

Giving Beaulieu + 2 x 2nds for JVR sense. It's not that terrible of a price to solidify our top 6... if management decided to go with Sergachev or have a plan of replacing Beaulieu right away in some sort.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Scott Hartnell: Another aging player on a long contract. The habs should never go after him unless the CBJ accept prospects and/or picks

That's exactly what we want. It will be deadline time if we do it and we would have to be sellers but price would be likely late first and we retain MAYBE 20% at most or a 2nd and a top B prospect who is not NHL ready. We will take back 0 NHL contracts unless we are out of it maybe we accept an expiring deal but unlikely. The only reason we trade Hartnell is for an upgrade or to clear a spot for one of our own ready guys.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
:laugh:

Juulsen had 3 points (1G-2A) in the 1st game on the rookie tournament today.

The Leafs rookies play the Habs rookies tonight. Dermott, Nielsen, Valiev, Desrocher etc. etc. could be playing tonight. We'll see how he looks next going head to head with some of the names I've been mentioning.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
In all fairness, I don't think many of them expected Sergachev to go that low.

I wanted the Habs 9th overall to draft Sergachev actually. That's who I would have been targetting with that trade. And in the off chance he wasn't there then Juolevi or Chychrun would be.

Going into the draft I would have said maybe 60% chance he would have been there at 9.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Has to be Sergachev otherwise I wouldn't do it. Leafs already have a few potential second pairing guys, I'd need someone with top pair potential, otherwise I'd wait until the 2018 deadline and move him for a 1st+ if he can't be re-signed.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Nope, but apparently Beaulieu is being shopped, since in Bergevin's vocabulary, receiving calls of inquiries means the player is on the block... but fans are to be told the player is not for sale.

What kind of package could be made around Beaulieu for JVR ?

I don't think Beaulieu would be the main piece to be honest, something pretty nice would need to be added.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
that would be a bit pricey. have to wait to see if jvr is gonna hang out with lupul at the infirmary this year or play.

Unless you think ankle injuries are career ending......

There was no sense bringing him back last season, would have hurt the tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad