Post-Game Talk: #19: Nov. 19, 2016: Bolts 3 at Flyers 0

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yes, you're right. It shows on the ice. I can see when I'm watching them that they have good chemistry and they're routinely on the same page as they cycle the puck and maintain offensive zone pressure for impressive stretches. It's very obvious on the ice that this is true. Luckily, I also have stats to reference to confirm that is indeed what I'm seeing.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
R86qrMw.jpg

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Yes, you're right. It shows on the ice. I can see when I'm watching them that they have good chemistry and they're routinely on the same page as they cycle the puck and maintain offensive zone pressure for impressive stretches. It's very obvious on the ice that this is true. Luckily, I also have stats to reference to confirm that is indeed what I'm seeing.
That's great dude. It's coming though and you boys will all be mad and upset i was right.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I look forward to laughing a lot when the core is unchanged come trade deadline. Now that Simmonds can PK, and with him being the only real candidate for being moved, it's not happening.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hextalls definitely looking to win the cup, which is why his moves will be nothing like what you want. He actually watches hockey.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
G,Schenn and coots. So up and down it sucks to watch. Voracek tries so hard and so does Simmonds and Konecny but those three have been 5 on 5 line killlers. ****ing Manning probably has more even strengh points then the top dogs. Duchene would be great here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
G,Schenn and coots. So up and down it sucks to watch. Voracek tries so hard and so does Simmonds and Konecny but those three have been 5 on 5 line killlers. ****ing Manning probably has more even strengh points then the top dogs. Duchene would be great here.

Giroux and Couturier are the kind of players who could immediately go to a more complete team and be vital for Cup wins. Trading them makes no sense. They're the kind of guys you build with, not use to build.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's not opinion, that's fact.

It's a fact that a 1C would be a massive help to a contender and a fact that an elite defensive center would also play a huge role in a cup run

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

It's a fact that a 1C would be a massive help to a contender and a fact that an elite defensive center would also play a huge role in a cup run
that's your fact not mine. Those two aren't even close to other duos. They are the best we have but it's not enough Imo not yours. Not as our two best but like Richard's and Carter helping someone else.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

It's also a fact that you more or less NEED that kind of setup to win a Cup. In over a decade of Cup winners, that's how the winning team has been built with Pittsburgh as the lone exception missing an elite defensive center.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's also a fact that you more or less NEED that kind of setup to win a Cup. In over a decade of Cup winners, that's how the winning team has been built with Pittsburgh as the lone exception missing an elite defensive center.

Pittsburgh has two elite offensive centers so they just have the puck too much to need a defensive center. Plus Kessel.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hatcher is correct in saying that we need to score more at ES.

We have D pinching trying to create more offense. We are hemorrhaging chances against in an attempt to create chances.

We had no one in the top 50 in ES scoring last year.
We have 1 guy in the top 50 in ES scoring this year.

Vrbata has more ES points than everyone but Voracek.
Byron has more ES points than everyone but Voracek.

I am not saying our current top 6 CAN'T produce more at ES, they just NEED to.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I'll agree there, most of the bottom 6 sucks. Raffl can stay but the rest are easily replaceable.

I'd also keep Cousins in the bottom 6 with Raffl, but I agree that the rest are expendable.

Cousins is one of the few players on the team that plays with a spark, plus is good at getting under the skin of the players of the opposing teams and is also the one of the best players at drawing penalties against the opposition.

With more playing time Cousins could become a valuable player for the Flyers bottom 6, if Hakstol would just give him more playing time to prove himself, instead of giving that ice time to an inadequate 3C Bellemare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad